Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, September 20, 2014, 7:22pm
Sorry if I'm a week late but it seems Russell Slade is favourite to take over Cardiff. I might be wrong but I don't think he's ever got a club promoted
Posted by: MrsMariner, September 20, 2014, 7:29pm; Reply: 1
And to think some on here were saying wait a week or two & we can have him
Posted by: Abdul19, September 20, 2014, 7:49pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from MrsMariner
And to think some on here were saying wait a week or two & we can have him

We might have to wait a month or 2 longer now ;)
Posted by: chaos33, September 20, 2014, 7:52pm; Reply: 3
To be fair to them, those people were saying they wanted him, not 'we can have him'. Of course, the rational ones amongst us rightly scoffed at the notion that he would inexplicably drop 2 and a half divisions to take up the reins here. Good old dose of reality is no bad thing.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, September 20, 2014, 8:16pm; Reply: 4
He was bookies favorite this morning and still is, they should go for Tony Pullis - proven record in the Championship and Premiership, and he likes money to spend and they have got that.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 20, 2014, 8:31pm; Reply: 5
After the way Slade treat Fenty and us forget it.
Posted by: chaos33, September 20, 2014, 8:46pm; Reply: 6
Forget what?
Posted by: Garth, September 20, 2014, 8:52pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from chaos33
Forget what?

Taffy Slappy ;)
Posted by: 97 (Guest), September 20, 2014, 9:24pm; Reply: 8
The wiki entry for Russell Slade in 10 years will just read "meh".
Posted by: RichMariner, September 20, 2014, 9:29pm; Reply: 9
Slade is a good manager and performs his best when a club needs stabalising.

Taking them to the next level, though, remains something he's yet to achieve. I'm not saying he'll never do it, but he's been a manager a long time now and he still hasn't won a promotion.

Orient gave him an excellent budget in the summer and they've regressed a little. He's untried at a club with big budgets and big players.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 20, 2014, 9:35pm; Reply: 10
If I was a manager I would stay well clear of Cardiff,

I would not go anywhere near the Leeds job either.
Posted by: jimgtfc, September 20, 2014, 10:13pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimsby pete

I'd agree, sadly though I think money talks and no doubt Vincent Tan has more of that than football knowledge.

On the other hand if I were Cardiff I'd be staying well clear of Russell Slade.
Posted by: gtfc71, September 20, 2014, 10:22pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from grimsby pete

I think they'll be queueing out the door. It's a win win. You either turn the club round or you get an enormous payoff after 6 weeks or so. Can you name me any manager who has refused a job because the chairman pays them off with a huge farewell?
Posted by: forza ivano, September 21, 2014, 1:29am; Reply: 13
Don't know which is more bizarre.anyone thinking he'd drop down to gtfc or Cardiff thinking he'd be good for them
Posted by: aldi_01, September 21, 2014, 8:16am; Reply: 14
What Slade did wasn't fair but over time it's been made clear that our wonderful majority shareholder was the catalyst for that whole disaster.

That aside, I can't see why cardiff would consider Slade, not because he's excrement but more to do with better managers being unemployed or other managers being out there with a proven record in the championship.

Pulis won't end up there, with his success last year at palace he's now in a luxurious position that he can command a large salary and pretty much be too of the list for most premiership jobs. Cardiff doesn't seem a 'safe' job either. Think it'll end up being Mowbray or some one like that.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), September 21, 2014, 11:35am; Reply: 15
Quoted from forza ivano
Don't know which is more bizarre.anyone thinking he'd drop down to gtfc or Cardiff thinking he'd be good for them

Nicely put, sir.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 6:24am