Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fiveallive, September 18, 2014, 2:47pm
I have gone for this team, when i read the team news might change it but at the moment,

Mckeown

Nsiala
Parslow- not fully fit so play him in the centre maybe after a couple of games change you can switch him with Nsiala.
Pearson
Magnay

Mackreth
Clay
Brown
Paddy

Nielson

Hannah.

Winfarrah
Doig
Disley
Arnold if fit
Oates.

That will be the team if no striker comes in.

Posted by: horsforthmariner, September 18, 2014, 3:29pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from fiveallive
I have gone for this team when i full team news might change it but at the moment,

Mckeown

Nsiala
Parslow- not fully fit so play him in the centre maybe after a couple of games change you can switch him with Nsiala.
Pearson
Magnay

Mackreth
Clay
Brown
Paddy

Nielson

Hannah.

Walker
Winfarrah
Doig
Disley
Arnold if fit.

That will be the team if no striker comes in.

I'dd go along with this - although I would like to see Winfarrah being brought on at some point in a midfield role
Posted by: Meza, September 18, 2014, 8:20pm; Reply: 2
McKeown
Walker
Toto
Pearson
Magnay
Brown
Clay
Disley (prefer Paddy)
Neilson
Hannah
Mackreth

Subs
Parson
Disley/Paddy
Winfarrah
LJL
Bignob
Posted by: The Singing Fisherman, September 18, 2014, 8:33pm; Reply: 3
Be a struggle starting a man down  ;)
Posted by: Meza, September 18, 2014, 11:12pm; Reply: 4
Be a struggle starting a man down  ;)

Haha forgot Magnay oops
Posted by: AdamHaddock, September 19, 2014, 10:32am; Reply: 5
If LJL isn't fit

McKeown
Nsiala Doig Pearson Magnay
        Brown Clay Disley
                Neilson
          Hannah New guy
Posted by: acko338, September 19, 2014, 10:49am; Reply: 6
Wouldn't shock me to see Parslow straight in at right back, and the new striker in up front alongside Hannah, hopefully that being Dan Holman if rumours are correct.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 19, 2014, 11:14am; Reply: 7
Interesting comment from Harriers Online:

"I have a bad feeling about this game and would be loved to be proved wrong.  I just don't feel we are skillful enough to beat the likes of Grimsby.  We show flashes of it through Marvin Johnson and Kevin Nicholson but keep resorting to hoofball when we don't really need to.  At times our passing on Tuesday was top class but then minutes later the ball would be sent skywards and nobody all that interested in chasing it. Sort that side of our game out and we could win but I won't hold my breath. "

http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/season14-15/previews14-15/pre_grim19-9-14.shtml
Posted by: Maringer, September 19, 2014, 11:17am; Reply: 8
Quoted from acko338
Wouldn't shock me to see Parslow straight in at right back, and the new striker in up front alongside Hannah, hopefully that being Dan Holman if rumours are correct.

Probably correct. Assuming LJL isn't fit, I reckon we'll see:

McKeown
Parslow  Nsiala  Pearson  Magnay
        Clay  Brown  McLaughlin
                  Neilson
              Oates  Hannah

Possibly may see Disley in the team instead of McLaughlin, but I'd expect he would be more likely to be on the bench.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 19, 2014, 1:12pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Maringer

McKeown
        Clay  Brown  McLaughlin
                  Neilson
              Oates  Hannah

Possibly may see Disley in the team instead of McLaughlin, but I'd expect he would be more likely to be on the bench.

I think that's our strongest team and our best formation. No square pegs in round holes, allows us to match teams playing five across the middle up and we have looked more fluid playing this way.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 19, 2014, 1:59pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Maringer

McKeown
        Clay  Brown  McLaughlin
                  Neilson
              Oates  Hannah

That would be the best team but Hurst will start With Disley with Paddy on the bench as you said.
Posted by: Maringer, September 19, 2014, 3:17pm; Reply: 11
My mangled sentence meant to indicate that I think Disley will be on the bench tomorrow. That's unless Kiddy are a bunch of cloggers this year as I can see why he might prefer Disley in the team for his aerial abilities in defence.

Generally, I think it more probable that he'll think "fresh legs" and put Paddy in.

I wonder if Parslow is much good in the air or not? Hopefully a bit stronger than Bignot who is OK, but a little lightweight.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 19, 2014, 3:54pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Maringer

McKeown
        Clay  Brown  McLaughlin
                  Neilson
              Oates  Hannah

This selection for me.
Posted by: chaos33, September 19, 2014, 10:17pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Maringer
My mangled sentence meant to indicate that I think Disley will be on the bench tomorrow. That's unless Kiddy are a bunch of cloggers this year as I can see why he might prefer Disley in the team for his aerial abilities in defence.

Generally, I think it more probable that he'll think "fresh legs" and put Paddy in.

I wonder if Parslow is much good in the air or not? Hopefully a bit stronger than Bignot who is OK, but a little lightweight.

I'm not sure if he'll think Parslow is fit enough to start (and finish) the game, having played no first class competitive football to speak of this season, or, in fact, since his rehabilitation from ACL surgery. I think he'll start him on the bench and use him as cover. Also, I can't see any reason to suppose that Hurst will drop Disley to put Paddy back in. He should, but he loves Disley.
Posted by: Mariners_15, September 20, 2014, 10:00am; Reply: 14
Quoted from GrimRob
Interesting comment from Harriers Online:

"I have a bad feeling about this game and would be loved to be proved wrong.  I just don't feel we are skillful enough to beat the likes of Grimsby.  We show flashes of it through Marvin Johnson and Kevin Nicholson but keep resorting to hoofball when we don't really need to.  At times our passing on Tuesday was top class but then minutes later the ball would be sent skywards and nobody all that interested in chasing it. Sort that side of our game out and we could win but I won't hold my breath. "

http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/season14-15/previews14-15/pre_grim19-9-14.shtml

Sounds a bit like us ::)
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, September 20, 2014, 10:03am; Reply: 15
I think he'll drop Hannah and play Neilson in behind Oates.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 12:41pm