Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ginnywings, September 16, 2014, 7:14pm
4-5-1 as i expected.

Bignot out. Toto right back. Doig in. Paddy out.

Midfield of Makreth Clay Brown Disley and Neilson.

Hannah up front alone.

Looks like a not lose side to me.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 16, 2014, 7:17pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from ginnywings
4-5-1 as i expected.

Bignot out. Toto right back. Doig in. Paddy out.

Midfield of Makreth Clay Brown Disley and Neilson.

Hannah up front alone.

Looks like a not lose side to me.

WTF has Paddy done wrong? Paddy was integral to the system that stuffed Alfreton and Gateshead now he isn't getting picked (behind Diz) in a makeshift team.
Posted by: springstomind, September 16, 2014, 7:21pm; Reply: 2
I agree mate Paddy has been decent every game hasn't he? Especially given he was baught by the club having previously played as a centre mid. Disley just gets piped off by Hurst, I know he scored.. But other than hat did he really "take his chance against Lincoln".... Not to mention Torguay? Why does Hurst tinker so so much?
Posted by: denni266, September 16, 2014, 7:21pm; Reply: 3
Thats hurst through and through,, play well and get dropped
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 16, 2014, 7:21pm; Reply: 4
To be fair to PH, I agree with resting Paddy and Bignot. The key tonight will be matching their physicality, Toto at right back is physically stronger than Bignot. Paddy had a lot of attributes, ball winning is not one if them.

Halifax will punt balls into our box from all areas, we need to hold a high line as if we retreat we will make it easy for them.

I'd like us to play more of a 4-3-3 but Hannah can't be the focal point, the ball won't stick to him so 4-5-1 is an easy choice given our personel. Our wide players will support when they can, particularly Neilson.

Let's hope we can pose a question or two ourselves. UTM.
Posted by: springstomind, September 16, 2014, 7:22pm; Reply: 5
If he scores the winner by the way I won't eat my words.. I would have Paddy in my team over dis any day based on recent form.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 16, 2014, 7:24pm; Reply: 6
Attacking wingers, pace out wide..not necessarily a defensive set up.

For whatever Paddy may bring he aint a flying winger.
Posted by: springstomind, September 16, 2014, 7:24pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from 75
To be fair to PH, I agree with resting Paddy and Bignot. The key tonight will be matching their physicality, Toto at right back is physically stronger than Bignot. Paddy had a lot of attributes, ball winning is not one if them.

Halifax will punt balls into our box from all areas, we need to hold a high line as if we retreat we will make it easy for them.

Let's hope we can pose a question or two ourselves. UTM.

Thats a fair point mate, but once again it shows almost every game were worrying about what the other team can do.. That's all good and well but when most games you're changing your line up defensively to counter the opponents threat and not going at them yourself it's just very defensive minded. It didn't work first half against Lincoln. We always look better when we just attack a bit more and go for it, that's the sort of players we have this year.

Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 16, 2014, 7:24pm; Reply: 8
is anyone listening to hurst at the min on hullberside..jesus Christ even this is hard work , he is blaming everything so far on everything but the truth..

it really is so frustrating listening to this chap trying to convince himself.
Posted by: springstomind, September 16, 2014, 7:26pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from moosey_club
Attacking wingers, pace out wide..not necessarily a defensive set up.

For whatever Paddy may bring he aint a flying winger.

Haha nah he isn't but he loves to cut inside and attack A LOT and find the attacker and Neilson and have lots of shots. It's inly personal opinion anyway I just prefer paddy. Hopefully Jack can show us what we signed him for and perform to a level we all saw in previous seasons!

Posted by: denni266, September 16, 2014, 7:29pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from jonnyboy82
is anyone listening to hurst at the min on hullberside..jesus Christ even this is hard work , he is blaming everything so far on everything but the truth..

it really is so frustrating listening to this chap trying to convince himself.

he knows his days are up  , talkes like a wet sponge
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 16, 2014, 7:31pm; Reply: 11
Looks more of a 4-3-3 anyway with Hannah at the top supported by Macreth and Neilson. Hannah won't be able to hold the ball up and bring others into play. Hope I'm wrong and he has a stormer! High line Town, Scott Brown and Clay holding, Dis at the top of the midfield three?
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 16, 2014, 7:34pm; Reply: 12
They have Pearson in midfield, who is physically strong and very mobile for his size (and good). We need to counter this so accept Disley in for this game.    
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 16, 2014, 7:35pm; Reply: 13
Sat here in Halifax, they are a huge team, we have a few midgets, this could be fun with such a patched up team. Disley gives us an aerial threat and he gets himself in the box more than any other midfielder at the club, could be vital if we are to do well tonight.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 16, 2014, 7:36pm; Reply: 14
Watched highlights earlier from Halifax's last two games...vs Macc then FGR,  didnt look anything special at all. Feeling upbeat as we have three attack minded players starting and one license to roam in the centre mid....could be interesting
Posted by: chaos33, September 16, 2014, 7:38pm; Reply: 15
Can't understand the selections and formation, and don't agree with it, but then I'm not the manager. Playing Disley and not Paddy is pure Hurst. Pi$$ed off if I'm honest.
Posted by: Grimal, September 16, 2014, 7:39pm; Reply: 16
Hurst knows his head is on the block,so whats his reason for playing Diza over Paddy,I'm fast losing any sympathy I had for the guy due to the injuries situation. If Paddy isn't carrying some sort of injury surely he should be playing.I will no longer sit on the wall where I was before,on should he stay or go. It now has to be a big fat GO.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 16, 2014, 7:44pm; Reply: 17
I don't care if this bites me on the bottom tonight because over the course of the season it'll be true.

Craig Disley is stealing a living getting in this team, the fact Paddy has been dropped is a joke, play well and you lose your place. Classic man management from Mr Hurst yet again.
Posted by: denni266, September 16, 2014, 7:45pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Grimal
Hurst knows his head is on the block,so whats his reason for playing Diza over Paddy,I'm fast losing any sympathy I had for the guy due to the injuries situation. If Paddy isn't carrying some sort of injury surely he should be playing.I will no longer sit on the wall where I was before,on should he stay or go. It now has to be a big fat GO.

hurst would prob put the tea lady in charge of tickets
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 16, 2014, 8:37pm; Reply: 19
Town excellent in first half, star performers Clay and Neilson.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 16, 2014, 8:41pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from pontoonlew
I don't care if this bites me on the bottom tonight because over the course of the season it'll be true.

Craig Disley is stealing a living getting in this team, the fact Paddy has been dropped is a joke, play well and you lose your place. Classic man management from Mr Hurst yet again.

Made a couple of key defensive headers at the end of the first half, doesn't look fully fit but has put himself about. Town have been excellent and so far hurst has got it tactically spot on, Halifax are all over the shop.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 16, 2014, 9:25pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Made a couple of key defensive headers at the end of the first half, doesn't look fully fit but has put himself about. Town have been excellent and so far hurst has got it tactically spot on, Halifax are all over the shop.

Cheers thicko
He's not even playing  ;)
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 16, 2014, 9:39pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from pontoonlew

Craig Disley is stealing a living getting in this team

Regardless of whether he should or shouldn't be in the team, that's a ludicrous, disrespectful thing to say about someone who's never given less than his all for us.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 4:50am