Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, September 15, 2014, 1:27pm
According to some stats I saw before Saturday we have had the most shots on target in this league and Torquay had the most shots off target
Posted by: DocTower, September 15, 2014, 3:11pm; Reply: 1
Trying to think , Torquay didn't have many shots that needed saving  , Macca wasn't too busy .
Posted by: Maringer, September 15, 2014, 3:41pm; Reply: 2
Despite the fact that we're one of the top scorers in the division and have scored some really good goals, we haven't half missed some sitters so far. Just think where we might be if a few more of those had been stuck into the net.

At the other end, we unfortunately seem to have carried on the nasty habit from last season of conceding soft goals even when the opposition haven't created that many chances.

One or two goals more or less at each end of the pitch and we could easily have been looking at having another 7 or 8 points on the board this season. I'd be a heck of a lot more comfortable with the situation without the injuries which are now piling up.

Not too much improvement required, but I'm not convinced we can sort it out during the next week or two which could be a problem. Time for the players to show some more grit and determination.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 6:49am