Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, September 15, 2014, 10:20am
Anyone heard any names ?

Tounkara on a short term deal would be decent
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 15, 2014, 10:45am; Reply: 1
Whoever it is,

I bet he has played for us before so the Tonk is a good bet,

BUT

Is he fit enough ? without a club since the summer.
Posted by: chrisloz, September 15, 2014, 10:53am; Reply: 2
i'd like to think we would be looking at Jolley from Newport , hardly gets a start for them since they went up.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 15, 2014, 10:54am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Anyone heard any names ?

Tounkara on a short term deal would be decent

why ?

never showed anything but average and hurst never re signed him..

tbh I am not even bothered it could be Michael Jeffrey for all I care until the more underlying problem is sorted it wont make any difference.
Posted by: chrisloz, September 15, 2014, 10:57am; Reply: 4
Tounkara is not the answer to our problems. We need a pacy tricky forward. I wasn't impressed with Tonk when he was here.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 15, 2014, 11:02am; Reply: 5
Where is Michael Chopra nowadays.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 15, 2014, 11:05am; Reply: 6
Come back Connell! ;D

What difference does it make? Whoever he signs will be a stopgap. The time for a proper new striker signing was weeks ago and we missed the boat.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, September 15, 2014, 11:05am; Reply: 7
Quoted from grimsby pete

Indian Super League
Posted by: 137 (Guest), September 15, 2014, 11:11am; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete

Probably in the bookies...
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, September 15, 2014, 11:15am; Reply: 9
Should have gone for Ricky Miller!
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, September 15, 2014, 11:15am; Reply: 10
Now, don't shoot the messenger but I've been reliably informed that Robbie Fowler is in Millfields right this second signing for us. Problem solved.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 15, 2014, 11:20am; Reply: 11
Had a text from a gimp yesterday saying were after Enoch showumni !!!! :/
Posted by: RoboCod, September 15, 2014, 11:55am; Reply: 12
I'm pretty sure I've never watched a football game with a player called Enoch involved. Ever. I'm tempted to go for him just on this alone,.

Although my instinct tells me he'll be here on a trial/a free/rolling contract and suspicions will be raised as to just why he is available at this time.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 15, 2014, 12:08pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I heard it was Enoch Sumin ;)

Posted by: Tom13, September 15, 2014, 12:12pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from RoboCod
I'm pretty sure I've never watched a football game with a player called Enoch involved. Ever. I'm tempted to go for him just on this alone,.

Although my instinct tells me he'll be here on a trial/a free/rolling contract and suspicions will be raised as to just why he is available at this time.

I remember him playing for Luton in the 2003/04 home game when Simon Ford scored the winner with the last touch of the game if you were there that night?!
Posted by: RichMariner, September 15, 2014, 12:27pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Tom13

I remember him playing for Luton in the 2003/04 home game when Simon Ford scored the winner with the last touch of the game if you were there that night?!

I was at that game! I interviewed Aidan Davison later that season, before he left, and he said he got injured in that game v Luton and should've come off, but we had no keeper on the bench so he stayed on and tried to conceal his injury. He said that if Luton realised he was crocked they'd have been shooting from every angle and it could've been a cricket score.

#coolstorybro
Posted by: RoboCod, September 15, 2014, 12:38pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Tom13

Was probably there but can't recall it. Not like we get many last gasp goals either, so if I can't recall it then maybe it was Scrabble night in the Robo household  :-/

Was he any good/is he still any good??
Posted by: Tom13, September 15, 2014, 12:50pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from RichMariner

I was at that game! I interviewed Aidan Davison later that season, before he left, and he said he got injured in that game v Luton and should've come off, but we had no keeper on the bench so he stayed on and tried to conceal his injury. He said that if Luton realised he was crocked they'd have been shooting from every angle and it could've been a cricket score.

#coolstorybro

You're right actually, I remember that happening! I'm sure their second goal went in because he was crocked and therefore just stood there, only to be rescued by Ford's header late on  ;D
Posted by: Maringer, September 15, 2014, 12:51pm; Reply: 18
I've got a sort of memory of a tall, awkward player who was a bit of a handful. A very long time ago now. You've got to say, though, any player without a club at this stage of the season is likely to be nowhere near match fitness.

I know beggars can't be choosers, but you'd have to wonder how effective such a player might be if slung into a team at the last minute.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 15, 2014, 12:53pm; Reply: 19
That was a great game, remember Jevons scored a belter to put us 2-1 up. Then we beat Barnsley 6-1 4 days later. Then we decided to give Nicky Law the job which was a bit like giving it back to Paul Groves.

Oh, a striker. I reckon we'll get some youngster on loan from Huddersfield or Rotherham or Fleetwood or somewhere.
Posted by: Tom13, September 15, 2014, 12:53pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from RoboCod

Was probably there but can't recall it. Not like we get many last gasp goals either, so if I can't recall it then maybe it was Scrabble night in the Robo household  :-/

Was he any good/is he still any good??

He used to be decent then because he went to Leeds for big money after I think, no idea about him anymore. I know he's a big striker if that's any good!
Posted by: RoboCod, September 15, 2014, 2:07pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Tom13

He used to be decent then because he went to Leeds for big money after I think, no idea about him anymore. I know he's a big striker if that's any good!

Ticking odd the checkboxes to make a decision.....

Big: Check
Available: Check (I think)
Injury prone:...?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 15, 2014, 2:13pm; Reply: 22
Just before anyone says it IS gonna be happening, he's a bit of a WUM
Saying that, he was the first to tell me about connell
Posted by: Meza, September 15, 2014, 2:18pm; Reply: 23
Enoch is a big powerful striker that has played for a few teams Luton, Preston and Tranmere but I think he's in his early 30's.
Posted by: Perkins, September 15, 2014, 3:29pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Meza
Enoch is a big powerful striker that has played for a few teams Luton, Preston and Tranmere but I think he's in his early 30's.

Wouldn't matter to me if he was in his 50's as long as he can still score a bloody goal.

Posted by: fiveallive, September 15, 2014, 3:52pm; Reply: 25
Enoch Showunmi would be a typical PH signing look at all the rest before him Spencer, G Pearson, Rankine, John-Lewis he loves these big powerful forwards. I would prefer a Christian Jolley loan from Newport he's quick good eye for goal at this league and has helped AFC Wimbledon and Newport County out of the league.
Posted by: Maringer, September 15, 2014, 3:57pm; Reply: 26
The problem is that nippy smaller strikers don't tend to flourish in tough away matches when they haven't got any sort of a physical presence alongside them at the top end of the field. With Pittman likely to be out for a couple of months (I'd have thought) and LJL probably out for a week or more, I'm not sure a player such as Jolley would be that effective on their own.
Posted by: Grimal, September 15, 2014, 4:17pm; Reply: 27
name Enoch Olusesan Showunmi[1]Date of birth 21 April 1982 (age 32)[1]Place of birth Kilburn, London, EnglandHeight 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)Playing position ForwardSenior career*Years Team Apps† (Gls)†2003–2006 Luton Town 102 (14)2006–2008 Bristol City 50 (13)2008 → Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 10 (0)2008–2010 Leeds United 15 (2)2010 Falkirk 21 (1)2010–2012 Tranmere Rovers 70 (14)2012–2014 Notts County 36 (4)2014 → Torquay United (loan) 7 (0)2014 → Plymouth Argyle (loan) 7 (0)National team2004 Nigeria 2 (0)* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:20, 18 July 2014 (UTC

Info on Enoch Showunmi.Taken from Wiki.
Posted by: fiveallive, September 15, 2014, 4:22pm; Reply: 28
If where struggling to bring a player in what about a youngster Barnsley have a player don't much about him Rhys Oates 19 years old 6 ft 2 in spent time on loan at Gainsborough Trinity (5 in 2) and Stockport County (12 in 1). He has a better record at Gainsborough a player like him would jump at a chance to come here on loan.
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 15, 2014, 4:23pm; Reply: 29
Hull would probably tell us to intercourse off, but I'd like to see us try and get Johan Ter Horst in. He's only 19 and was smashing in goals for Folkestone (two leagues below us) before Hull signed him in the Summer. Probably too lightweight to be an option for Hurst to consider though. I may possibly be entirely basing this on the fact he has an exotic sounding name.
Posted by: Maringer, September 15, 2014, 4:31pm; Reply: 30
I wonder if he's as good as Ten Heuvel?

God, I hope not.
Posted by: RichMariner, September 15, 2014, 4:55pm; Reply: 31
Ironside's got three goals for Alfreton. We missed out there!

Go on, hit the little red cross.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 15, 2014, 5:08pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from RichMariner
Ironside's got three goals for Alfreton. We missed out there!

Go on, hit the little red cross.

red button hit, as requested :P
Posted by: Abdul19, September 15, 2014, 5:39pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from fiveallive
If where struggling to bring a player in what about a youngster Barnsley have a player don't much about him Rhys Oates 19 years old 6 ft 2 in spent time on loan at Gainsborough Trinity (5 in 2) and Stockport County (12 in 1). He has a better record at Gainsborough a player like him would jump at a chance to come here on loan.

Blimey, he'll be smashing Pele's records come the end of his career ;)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 15, 2014, 6:49pm; Reply: 34
Just pondering on this striker business. If I was a striker with a reasonable goals record, would I want to come to Blundell Park and see my goals tally dry up?
Posted by: Garth, September 15, 2014, 6:52pm; Reply: 35
According to Hurst no new players in for Halifax
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 15, 2014, 6:56pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Garth

Chris Doig up front it is then. ;D
Posted by: Garth, September 15, 2014, 7:00pm; Reply: 37
Bit of a mess we had all the time in the world to sign someone in the last month------poor management
Posted by: RoboCod, September 15, 2014, 7:18pm; Reply: 38
Each fan offer themselves up for an ice bucket challenge, go back in for Bogle....
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 15, 2014, 7:24pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from RoboCod
Each fan offer themselves up for an ice bucket challenge, go back in for Bogle....

If Bogle doesn't want to leave the mighty Solihull for us then why bother?
Posted by: denni266, September 15, 2014, 7:25pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from grimsby pete

Now you have done it pete, you know Hurst reads this board  ;D
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 15, 2014, 7:26pm; Reply: 41
Blimey, so tomorrow we got Hannah up top with Arnold, if fit, or Mackreth, or Neilson.

UTM
Posted by: chaos33, September 15, 2014, 7:34pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Garth

Also replied with a firm 'no' when asked if Andrew Boyce might return.

Lennie out tomorrow but maybe a possibility for weekend. Arnold not available tomorrow. Pittman's injury may not be as bad as feared, but still will be out for a 'few weeks'. On RH tonight.
Posted by: mariner91, September 15, 2014, 7:39pm; Reply: 43
Well that's us not winning tomorrow. Or probably even getting a point.
Posted by: Grimal, September 15, 2014, 7:42pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from grimsby pete

We could do worse Pete. :)

Posted by: rancido, September 15, 2014, 7:55pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Grimal

We could do worse Pete. :)

Mike Lyons tried that position once...................................I'll get my coat!
Posted by: moosey_club, September 15, 2014, 8:05pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from rancido

Mike Lyons tried that position once...................................I'll get my coat!

With McDermott alongside him IIRC.....Doig and Bignot perhaps!!
Posted by: chaos33, September 15, 2014, 8:09pm; Reply: 47
Well, if we want to be bold and follow the 'best form of defence is attack' ethos, we could go 4-3-3, with Hannah, Neilson and Mackreth as the advanced three.  Paddy, Brown and Clay as the 3 centre midfielders. Biggest problem with that is that it leaves us with no attacking threat to come off the bench at all.
Posted by: Meza, September 15, 2014, 8:10pm; Reply: 48
4-5-1
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 15, 2014, 8:18pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Meza
4-5-1

more likely 4-6-0 ;)

Posted by: forza ivano, September 15, 2014, 8:23pm; Reply: 50
Halifax 13-10 with William hills.might be worth a couple of quid.........
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 15, 2014, 8:28pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from forza ivano

Town 8/1 with Betfred for 0-1 score.

Be positive,  (maybe skint, but positive !!)

UTM
Posted by: Maringer, September 15, 2014, 9:58pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from chaos33
Well, if we want to be bold and follow the 'best form of defence is attack' ethos, we could go 4-3-3, with Hannah, Neilson and Mackreth as the advanced three.  Paddy, Brown and Clay as the 3 centre midfielders. Biggest problem with that is that it leaves us with no attacking threat to come off the bench at all.

I can't really see that front 3 being strong enough to play as a proper forward-line. Reckon we'll have to play 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 with Hannah and Neilson advanced and Mackreth back as a right-winger, helping to defend more.

From the wording on the OS, I don't think Arnold will be available so options are limited.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 15, 2014, 10:24pm; Reply: 53
I just find it amazing that we have no contingency plans when everyman and his dog knew we were on the edge of trouble with only 3 strikers. Not only did we fail to sign anyone while the window was open, now we can't even get one to come on loan by tomorrow night if the manager is to be believed.

Nobody seems to be questioning why these things are happening. JF says we do have money but PH keeps saying the right players are not available. That implies that money is not the sticking point for those players so what is? Is it the old "the world ends with the A180" syndrome, do they not fancy playing for this manager or what? Why don't they want to come? I simply can't imagine another club with promotion aspirations getting into such a crappy mess as this and not having players really pleased to come and play.
Posted by: Grimal, September 15, 2014, 10:32pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from forza ivano

I can't see where we are going to get 10 goals from. so I'm not going to bet on that score. ;)

Posted by: friskneymariner, September 15, 2014, 10:55pm; Reply: 55
Exactly R.R.F.C to start the season with only 3 strikers one of whom has a history on injuries,is in my belief grossly negligent,and if P.H. could not foresee the implications of this ,one has to raise serious issues re his judgement.  
Posted by: Mariners_15, September 16, 2014, 10:05am; Reply: 56
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29198411

Worth a month on loan?
Posted by: RoboCod, September 16, 2014, 10:10am; Reply: 57
Definitely.
Posted by: Garth, September 16, 2014, 10:18am; Reply: 58
Would you loan a striker to a team that are competing with you in the same league for promotion at this level
Posted by: fiveallive, September 16, 2014, 11:28am; Reply: 59
Louis Moult is injured, so i think he will be needed for a few games.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, September 16, 2014, 11:32am; Reply: 60
Quoted from forza ivano

I can't bring myself to bet against Town but those are incredible odds given the mess we are in with injuries.  :-/
Posted by: psgmariner, September 16, 2014, 12:07pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I can't bring myself to bet against Town but those are incredible odds given the mess we are in with injuries.  :-/

I can. £20 staked with Bet Victor at 13/10. Them and Hills are the only two have have 13/10. Weirdly the odds are shortening on a Town win...

The £26 winnings will pay for my ticket and a few beers. If the bet loses I will be happy to have sacrificed £20 for the cause.
Posted by: RichMariner, September 16, 2014, 12:30pm; Reply: 62
Well, the last time we had to play without Lenny the team was sent out to keep the ball on the floor and pass it through (hence Neilson played just behind Pittman). So maybe Hurst will go 4-4-1-1 with Neilson just behind Hannah.

It could work, but you need a bit of time to play a passing game, and I just don't think that Halifax will give us that time. They'll storm out of the blocks tonight and play how we should play when we're at home.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, September 16, 2014, 12:50pm; Reply: 63
I can't bet against town but I've just seen 9/4 on there being at least four goals in the game...will add it to accy
Posted by: moosey_club, September 16, 2014, 1:30pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from AdamHaddock
I can't bet against town but I've just seen 9/4 on there being at least four goals in the game...will add it to accy

You think we will lose at least 4 -0 ?
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 16, 2014, 1:34pm; Reply: 65
We're actually going to go into this game having failed to have signed a striker aren't we...
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, September 16, 2014, 1:38pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from pontoonlew
We're actually going to go into this game having failed to have signed a striker aren't we...

I see Tounkara is throwing out the least subtle "come and get me" plea of all time to Hurst on Twitter again.
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 16, 2014, 1:40pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from pontoonlew

Yeah I think that's pretty much a certainty now. Reflects very poorly on Hurst's decision making (only entering the season with 3 strikers - one of whom has a poor track record with injuries) and recruitment skills (relying on loans for cover and then totally failing to sign anyone).
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 16, 2014, 1:43pm; Reply: 68

I see Tounkara is throwing out the least subtle "come and get me" plea of all time to Hurst on Twitter again.

Given how desparate we are, I don't understand why Hurst has dismissed him as a short-term cover option. Yeah he didn't set the world alight last season, but I think we'd have a lot more chance of a result with him in the team rather than relying on Hannah up front on his own (which is bound to end in failure).
Posted by: moosey_club, September 16, 2014, 1:48pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from Chrisblor

Yeah I think that's pretty much a certainty now. Reflects very poorly on Hurst's decision making (only entering the season with 3 strikers - one of whom has a poor track record with injuries) and recruitment skills (relying on loans for cover and then totally failing to sign anyone).

You can track back to his pre season striker mantra.....started with need two strikers in to replace the ones that have gone........then it was...... need to sign one before pre season starts and then pick one up later in pre season when all players are back and league players have their contracts ended...............then it was hoping to get one in before pre season finishes and then a long loanee after a couple of weeks of the season as some strikers will be sat on the bench.......
Failed on all counts in reality.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 16, 2014, 2:35pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from psgmariner

I can. £20 staked with Bet Victor at 13/10. Them and Hills are the only two have have 13/10. Weirdly the odds are shortening on a Town win...

The £26 winnings will pay for my ticket and a few beers. If the bet loses I will be happy to have sacrificed £20 for the cause.

0-0 it is then  :P
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 16, 2014, 2:37pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from pontoonlew

Its quite ridiculous isn't it..

Posted by: friskneymariner, September 16, 2014, 3:06pm; Reply: 72
Hurst cannot possibly bring Tounkara back,if he is a failure Hurst will be criticised,if he is a success ,Hurst judgement will be criticised for getting rid of him in the first place,painted himself into a corner really
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 16, 2014, 3:11pm; Reply: 73
ForteanTimes
Daily round-up of the world's weird news
Mon 15 Sept
Microwave possessed by poltergeist, dead lion found in restaurant freezer, man dies masturbating at sperm bank, foam monster attacks River Lea, Grimsby Town fail to sign striker.

http://www.forteantimes.com/latest/breaking-news/7546/daily_roundup_of_the_worlds_weird_news.html
Posted by: buckstown, September 16, 2014, 3:22pm; Reply: 74
If PH signed Tonka he would have been mullered. "My god another striker who hasn't got a clue where the goal is".
What happens when he doesn't sign Tonk? Gets mullered.
We do need a striker but one who can find the net. We have goals in midfield so better to wait for the right man
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, September 16, 2014, 3:35pm; Reply: 75
I understand that the Tonk was by no means exceptional for us, but surely he's better than no striker? The guy is desperate to play for Town, he's a striker and he's not completely sh1t. That would be enough for me to give him a month long contract right now.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 16, 2014, 3:43pm; Reply: 76
I understand that the Tonk was by no means exceptional for us, but surely he's better than no striker? The guy is desperate to play for Town, he's a striker and he's not completely sh1t. That would be enough for me to give him a month long contract right now.

IMO he's better than Hannah anyway.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, September 16, 2014, 5:10pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from moosey_club

You think we will lose at least 4 -0 ?

"at least four goals in the game"

That could be 2-2. 3-1, 1-3 8-7 or whatever other scoreline has at least four goals

Posted by: forza ivano, September 16, 2014, 5:14pm; Reply: 78
notts county leyton orient tonight .notts county not doing badly (only lost to the better teams this season) orient having an absolute mare, yet notts co at home are 27-10 with bet365. seems rather generous of the bookies!

a double with halifax might be a  decent payday
Posted by: moosey_club, September 16, 2014, 5:40pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from AdamHaddock

"at least four goals in the game"

That could be 2-2. 3-1, 1-3 8-7 or whatever other scoreline has at least four goals

Whoooooooooosssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, September 16, 2014, 5:44pm; Reply: 80
You only get one of them with a wotsit
Posted by: DocTower, September 16, 2014, 5:57pm; Reply: 81
Tonk is willing to come and prove himself , when everyone else is refusing to come it's a no brainer . This whole situation is getting ridiculous .
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 16, 2014, 6:03pm; Reply: 82
Surely there is a league club out there who has a big, strong, fast ,goal scoring machine,

Who do not want him for a few months.

No  ? ,

Well John it's hand in  your pocket time,

We will have to buy one.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 16, 2014, 6:06pm; Reply: 83
I really can't understand why he didn't get the tonk in for a few games. He will be champing at the bit to prove himself and i can't believe he isn't at least as good a player as LJL.

Is it just Hurst being a stubborn fooker?
Posted by: Meza, September 16, 2014, 6:18pm; Reply: 84
Wasn't Tonk injured for a few weeks during his loan I know he wasnt always available.   He played well against Tamworth I think and in another game set LJL up with a superb pass but then got injured and was only used as a sub a few times.  
Posted by: 137 (Guest), September 16, 2014, 6:22pm; Reply: 85
The goal that Tonk lashed in at the Pontoon End last season was a cracker. Felt there was something there with him.
One problem he had was he kept wanting to occupy the space occupied by LJL (kind of a good sign, you could say,
if we're looking for back-up to the Shop).

Maybe Ross Hannah will score four and make us all look stupid!
Posted by: The Singing Fisherman, September 17, 2014, 2:21pm; Reply: 86
I think hurst is holding out for a certain striker. Just waiting for him to be available first. That could be before sat hopefully  ;)
Posted by: Rick12, September 17, 2014, 2:29pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Friend is a Luton fan and says was often used as a impact player.Thinks would be a good signing. Strong and quick and not bad on the floor either
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 17, 2014, 2:43pm; Reply: 88
He's a classic Hurst player so it fits the bill. He's big, black and has a shite goal scoring record.

Nailed on.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 17, 2014, 2:56pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from pontoonlew
He's a classic Hurst player so it fits the bill. He's big, black and has a shite goal scoring record.

Nailed on.

Jack mackreth ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 17, 2014, 3:20pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Jack mackreth ?

Well 1 out of 3 isn't bad!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 17, 2014, 3:21pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from fiveallive
Louis Moult is injured, so i think he will be needed for a few games.

I think Ted Moult would be an improvement
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 17, 2014, 3:21pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from friskneymariner
Hurst cannot possibly bring Tounkara back,if he is a failure Hurst will be criticised,if he is a success ,Hurst judgement will be criticised for getting rid of him in the first place,painted himself into a corner really

Very good point.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 17, 2014, 3:22pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
ForteanTimes
Daily round-up of the world's weird news
Mon 15 Sept
Microwave possessed by poltergeist, dead lion found in restaurant freezer, man dies masturbating at sperm bank, foam monster attacks River Lea, Grimsby Town fail to sign striker.

http://www.forteantimes.com/latest/breaking-news/7546/daily_roundup_of_the_worlds_weird_news.html

That was a misprint now corrected.  :P
Posted by: Garth, September 17, 2014, 5:03pm; Reply: 94
Just been on the Kiddy site looks like Gash is available and has turned Lincoln down,  seems like he is ouit of favour with their manager this season
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 17, 2014, 5:23pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from Garth
Just been on the Kiddy site looks like Gash is available and has turned Lincoln down,  seems like he is ouit of favour with their manager this season

At least we'd be right saying he was gash before he signed
Posted by: Mariner21, September 17, 2014, 5:34pm; Reply: 96
We'll get another Damien Spencer!!!! Or Greg Pearson type of signing for some bizarre reason Hurst loves this type of player???  Either that or he's useless at the whole attracting the right player to the club.
Posted by: Tom13, September 17, 2014, 7:31pm; Reply: 97
If we could get Gash to come in he'd be a good signing, proven at this level in the last few seasons at various clubs but I highly doubt we'd see him here (if at all) before Saturday considering we're playing Kiddy then.
Posted by: Mariners_15, September 17, 2014, 8:53pm; Reply: 98
Agreed Gash would be a very good signing. Always been impressed when I've seen him in the past. Anyone know why he's been made available by Kiddy? Seems strange, always thought he was one of their key players...
Posted by: Garth, September 17, 2014, 9:55pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from Mariners_15
Agreed Gash would be a very good signing. Always been impressed when I've seen him in the past. Anyone know why he's been made available by Kiddy? Seems strange, always thought he was one of their key players...

Finances they are skint
Posted by: jimgtfc, September 17, 2014, 11:13pm; Reply: 100
No brainer if he is available. Proven at this level. I guess if it was to be done it would be next week so we're not paying him a wage when he's ineligible. Get him in I say!
Posted by: Mariner21, September 18, 2014, 8:53am; Reply: 101
Quoted from Mariner21
We'll get another Damien Spencer!!!! Or Greg Pearson type of signing for some bizarre reason Hurst loves this type of player???  Either that or he's useless at the whole attracting the right player to the club.

Read today telegraph (bheem)(bheem)(bheem)
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 12:23am