Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 14, 2014, 3:42pm
Paul Fairclough has named a 22-man "training" squad ahead of next month's game away in Turkey. The squad will meet up at St.George's Park on Saturday evening for a two-day training camp.

Squad..

Mitch Walker (Dover Athletic)
Jamie Butler (Concord Rangers)
Jordan Roberts (Aldershot)
Dan Bradley (Alfreton)
Andy Yiadom (Barnet)
Lee Brown & Tom Parkes (Bristol Rovers)
Marc Roberts, James Barton & Matty Pearson (FC Halifax)
James Norwood, Elliott Frear & Chris Stokes (Forest Green Rovers)
Jack Mackreth  (Grimsby Town)
Chey Dunkley (Kidderminster Harriers)
Jon Nolan & Jordan Burrow (Lincoln City)
Louie Theophanous (Staines)
Ryan Bowman & Luke Young (Torquay)
Joe McNerney & Josh Payne (Woking)
Posted by: sutton mariner, September 14, 2014, 3:57pm; Reply: 1
Surprising given the lack of game time. But good on the lad.
Posted by: LH, September 14, 2014, 4:04pm; Reply: 2
Clay apparently in the reserves for the squad too.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 14, 2014, 8:33pm; Reply: 3
That's a joke don't you think,

No disrespect to the lad but how much playing time has he had this season to justify been called up.
Posted by: denni266, September 14, 2014, 10:14pm; Reply: 4
More to the point, can we afford to have players away on international duties ?
Posted by: moosey_club, September 15, 2014, 10:23am; Reply: 5
Quoted from denni266
More to the point, can we afford to have players away on international duties ?

Its a training camp...Saturday night Sunday and the Monday so would think his time away from club duties would be one session on the Monday?
Looking at how we are playing lately i dont think he will miss much in training anyway except the first showing of the "look how good our opposition are this week" presentation before the weeks work of concentrating on how we stop them playing.

Its strange he has been selected based on his starting figures and actual form/ability from what i have seen but good luck to him.  
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 15, 2014, 11:07am; Reply: 6
Quoted from moosey_club

Its a training camp...Saturday night Sunday and the Monday so would think his time away from club duties would be one session on the Monday?
Looking at how we are playing lately i dont think he will miss much in training anyway except the first showing of the "look how good our opposition are this week" presentation before the weeks work of concentrating on how we stop them playing.

Its strange he has been selected based on his starting figures and actual form/ability from what i have seen but good luck to him.  

Didn't Scott Garner get picked once a couple of season ago when he'd been out injured and hadn't played for weeks. I don't really think Paul Fairclough does that much research into the players he picks.

It's probably along the lines of, he's English and he's under 24, he can play.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 3:28pm