Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: davmariner, September 13, 2014, 8:41pm
Has been given an ultimatum that he has to win the next game or he will be sacked https://audioboo.fm/boos/2475503-leytonorientfc-lofc-leytonorientear-leytonorientcsp-russell-slade-tells-bbc-london-94-9-that-after-todays-defeat-by-colchester-the-owner-has-told-him-he-has-only-got-until-tuesday-to-get-things-right
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 13, 2014, 8:47pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from davmariner

Is it just written in the stars..

Would take him in a heartbeat.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, September 13, 2014, 8:47pm; Reply: 2
Let's get him back at Town
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 13, 2014, 8:56pm; Reply: 3
He will have offers from league 1 clubs. Didn't he turn down a championship side last season as well? He is too good for non league anyway.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, September 13, 2014, 8:58pm; Reply: 4
Not for me thanks
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 13, 2014, 9:03pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from 1739
He will have offers from league 1 clubs. Didn't he turn down a championship side last season as well? He is too good for non league anyway.

John wouldnt have him anyway, he would obviously rather have neil woods.

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 13, 2014, 9:03pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Not for me thanks

That's good then cos the Board (!) have a long list of experienced, winning managers with a playing philosophy to match who will come here once our ambition has been explained to them.  
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, September 13, 2014, 9:11pm; Reply: 7

That's good then cos the Board (!) have a long list of experienced, winning managers with a playing philosophy to match who will come here once our ambition has been explained to them.  

My opinion stands

Get over today, see you at Halifax!
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 13, 2014, 9:23pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

My opinion stands

Get over today, see you at Halifax!

Don't get me wrong your opinion is as valid as anybody's , but the chances of this Board(!) getting anyone in as remotely good as Russell Slade is just about nil.

Posted by: nightrider, September 13, 2014, 10:35pm; Reply: 9
Russ Wilcox will be available soon. Scunny fans already calling for his head
Posted by: timmo, September 13, 2014, 10:45pm; Reply: 10
Slade will go to Scunny.

He will turn them around too.

Timmo
UTM
Posted by: Brough Mariner, September 14, 2014, 3:07am; Reply: 11
Still never got a team promoted.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, September 14, 2014, 9:13am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Brough Mariner
Still never got a team promoted.

Is this still the case? I knew it was the last time he was being fawned over on here. If people are fed up with the dull, percentage-style football being served up now, then that same philosophy is exactly that preached at the temple of Sladeisace. Now I'm at the point where I don't care how we get out of this league, but others still are and would be as split by getting Slade back as they would be by going for ABiv. So, because of this, and of course the fact that he's a sly, turncoat, male masturbator, I wouldn't want Slade back here.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 14, 2014, 9:32am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Is this still the case? I knew it was the last time he was being fawned over on here. If people are fed up with the dull, percentage-style football being served up now, then that same philosophy is exactly that preached at the temple of Sladeisace. Now I'm at the point where I don't care how we get out of this league, but others still are and would be as split by getting Slade back as they would be by going for ABiv. So, because of this, and of course the fact that he's a sly, turncoat, male masturbator, I wouldn't want Slade back here.

And this is the point. How many fans really believe that PH can achieve this and more importantly, does the board really believe this?

JF has come on here and stated that he will not continue to finance BP indefinitely but still believes that we should have a new stadium whether or not we are in the league. This is the bit that I'm struggling with. How do you justify a move to a newer, bigger stadium to the public of the Grimsby area while you are an unsuccessful (not far off our lowest ever position) club?
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 14, 2014, 9:36am; Reply: 14
Who was the last town manager who left us and had success elsewhere,?

Not counting Slade.
Posted by: psgmariner, September 14, 2014, 9:40am; Reply: 15
Slade would be an amazing appointment but it's laughable to think he would drop to non league.
Posted by: tashee69, September 14, 2014, 9:40am; Reply: 16
Quoted from grimsby pete
Who was the last town manager who left us and had success elsewhere,?

Not counting Slade.

That's because we've had managers that have not been up to the job  ;)
Posted by: chaos33, September 14, 2014, 9:44am; Reply: 17
Quoted from psgmariner
Slade would be an amazing appointment but it's laughable to think he would drop to non league.

Of course it is, but that's what some are like on here. Of course, shouts for Buckley or McDermott are just as ludicrous.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 14, 2014, 9:55am; Reply: 18
We could interview him then tell him to do one before appointing a caretaker manager who hasn't won in over half a season. Thanks for that board, flipping A1 decision that.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 14, 2014, 11:10am; Reply: 19
Quoted from 75
We could interview him then tell him to do one before appointing a caretaker manager who hasn't won in over half a season. Thanks for that board, flipping A1 decision that.

Yes I agree - decisions like that have completely undermined my confidence in the "Board" ever to make the right choice of manager.

We need a new Board more than anything else but it seems it isn't going to happen any time soon.

The current "Board" lack the expertise and professionalism to get anything right unfortunately on or off the field.

All very depressing.

Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, September 14, 2014, 12:53pm; Reply: 20
a devious, lying, back stabbing piece of excrement

id never go to BP again id he returned
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 14, 2014, 12:56pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen

Yes because if you got offered a job with more money and  at a higher level you would turn it down after you had a row with your boss...
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, September 14, 2014, 1:34pm; Reply: 22
While Slade hasn't done enough to actually clinch promotion with any team, you would think he has done enough to bide his time and find another league club if he does get the sack come Tuesday night.

It won't be long before some managers get the sack in the league, so no need for him to drop to non-league.
Posted by: buckstown, September 14, 2014, 7:13pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen

Oh well, it's not all bad news then.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 11:23am