Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 13, 2014, 5:51pm
john paul hamstring torn and lenny twisted ankle so 2 lengthy layoffs.

looking at loans. one minimum maybe two

says we started well ( was he watching the same game) and blames the ref for a non pen and there goal.

torquay happy to hang on.

no options to change the team around.

wants to pick something up at Halifax.

basically the same interview on repeat since he became manager.
Posted by: denni266, September 13, 2014, 5:54pm; Reply: 1
Lets  face it . he is clueless. pitty we cant get a loan manager
Posted by: ginnywings, September 13, 2014, 5:54pm; Reply: 2
To be fair, at the time i thought it was a pen and who knows what might have happened after that? We do seem to have a lot of bad luck with decisions but hey ho, we were still very poor today.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 13, 2014, 6:00pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from jonnyboy82
john paul hamstring torn and lenny twisted ankle so 2 lengthy layoffs.

looking at loans. one minimum maybe two

says we started well ( was he watching the same game) and blames the ref for a non pen and there goal.

torquay happy to hang on.

no options to change the team around.

wants to pick something up at Halifax.

basically the same interview on repeat since he became manager.

Only 1 lengthy lay off. Pitbull.  Said he hopes that LJL is fit for Tues but won't know till Mon am

Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 13, 2014, 6:02pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Civvy at last

Only 1 lengthy lay off. Pitbull.  Said he hopes that LJL is fit for Tues but won't know till Mon am

ah sorry must have misheard.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 13, 2014, 6:06pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from jonnyboy82

ah sorry must have misheard.

No probs.  But any more errors  and the X could be inbound  ;)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 13, 2014, 6:09pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Civvy at last

No probs.  But any more errors  and the X could be inbound  ;)

Bring it  ;D
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 13, 2014, 6:25pm; Reply: 7
Pitman was a fooking stupid signing with his track record of injuries . Hurst obviously couldn't get the targets he had and made a panic signing cos the fans were getting restless .
If he couldn't get the strikers in he wanted in the summer , then who the fook is he going to get in in 2 days . What a tosser . Get rid now fenty please .
Posted by: Teestogreen, September 13, 2014, 6:36pm; Reply: 8
Really good player, Pitman, and I'm pleased he was able to show this for a short while. But hamstring injuries are a nuisance (finished my minor football life) and I'm not sure if full recovery is possible. A risky signing and proven so, at this point.

Problem  now is - expectations for team success have nose dived, because he is good and pivotal to all Towns good forward play.
Posted by: oldun, September 13, 2014, 6:44pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Teestogreen
Really good player, Pitman, and I'm pleased he was able to show this for a short while. But hamstring injuries are a nuisance (finished my minor football life) and I'm not sure if full recovery is possible. A risky signing and proven so, at this point.

Problem  now is - expectations for team success have nose dived, because he is good and pivotal to all Towns good forward play.

Agree  I had just said yo my friend, I hope we can keep him fit, then he stretches to keep a ball in play and his leg seemed to buckle and the pain was there for all to see. I am very sad that we will be without him for a while.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 13, 2014, 7:16pm; Reply: 10
One of my 8 year old daughters said "I don't want to listen to this boring old man any more." Can't fault her on that. Except the old bit. Hursty is young looked at from my perspective.
Posted by: grimps, September 13, 2014, 8:50pm; Reply: 11
Good managers dont have bad luck
Posted by: oldun, September 13, 2014, 9:15pm; Reply: 12
I think he is clutching at straws. We never deserved an early penalty, their guy had the ball and Lennie did well to hassle him into conceding a corner. Again his claim for handball prior to their first goal is optimistic  I thought their player used his chest to control the ball.
Posted by: nightrider, September 13, 2014, 10:34pm; Reply: 13
I only ever hear half of his interveiws....
...I fall to sleep half way through
Posted by: Maringer, September 13, 2014, 10:35pm; Reply: 14
I thought it was probably a penalty from the way our players reacted and the manner in which their defender seemed a bit sheepish! LJL just caught him out and it was a clumsy challenge.

Didn't see any handball for their goal, or even think there was the chance of one! Just poor defending and I still have the feeling that McKeown should have cleaned it all up before they got the shot in.
Posted by: TAGG, September 13, 2014, 10:40pm; Reply: 15
Fook me more boring than an 80sglory post.

https://audioboo.fm/boos/2475461-grimsby-town-manager-paul-hurst-talks-to-humbersidesport-after-the-2-0-defeat-against-torquay-united-gtfc
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 13, 2014, 11:29pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Maringer
I thought it was probably a penalty from the way our players reacted and the manner in which their defender seemed a bit sheepish! LJL just caught him out and it was a clumsy challenge.

I think the reaction of the Torquay supporters was telling too. It happened right in front of them and they all kept quiet. Had LJL dived they'd all have been on their feet admonishing him.
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 10:06pm