Posted by: Belfast Town, September 13, 2014, 1:59pm
It would be great to see Town and our players supporting the campaign:

http://www.stonewall.org.uk/what_we_do/9258.asp

Posted by: carrot top, September 13, 2014, 4:50pm; Reply: 1
Never mind homophobic I think Town are football phobic. Rainbow laces FFS
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 13, 2014, 4:56pm; Reply: 2
More left wing pinko sillyness
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 13, 2014, 5:12pm; Reply: 3
They can wear them for me, I've no issues with general gayness but I wish they'd just get on with it. You don't see me running round having concerts and marching around Towns because I'm straight. If someones wired that way, it isn't their choice no more than it would be mine but it gets a bit boring. Just crack on, no need for nonsense.
Posted by: LH, September 13, 2014, 5:14pm; Reply: 4
I really wish gays would stop ramming it down our throats.
Posted by: carrot top, September 13, 2014, 5:14pm; Reply: 5
They should be so lucky
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 13, 2014, 5:15pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from LH

Ha, I nearly typed that! Thought someone would sooner rather than later!
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 13, 2014, 6:52pm; Reply: 7
What is really required is for a footballer to "come out".  Only then will we be able to see how much of a problem homophobia would be.  I'm in the same camp as the Vicar (no pun intended) being gay should be nothing to be either proud of, or ashamed of either. Of course there would be sniggers and many a schoolboy joke initially ". But I would be more worried about racism than about homophobia.  To be honest I wouldn't give a sh1t if Julian Clary played for us wearing a black and white tutu, as long as he did enough to get us out of this tinpot league.
Posted by: bluebottle, September 13, 2014, 7:05pm; Reply: 8
What colour laces for the hetro' players then?. Strewth.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 13, 2014, 7:09pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from LH

Beat me to it.

Damn! I'm gonna have to find some new old jokes now.
Posted by: cod_head_doug, September 13, 2014, 7:34pm; Reply: 10
Shouldn't the laces be brown or pink ?
Posted by: DNMariner, September 13, 2014, 7:37pm; Reply: 11
Looks like we're already halfway there with the amount of ridiculously coloured boots on display. It's a football pitch, not a catwalk and all that.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 13, 2014, 8:02pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 75
They can wear them for me, I've no issues with general gayness but I wish they'd just get on with it. You don't see me running round having concerts and marching around Towns because I'm straight. If someones wired that way, it isn't their choice no more than it would be mine but it gets a bit boring. Just crack on, no need for nonsense.

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/ftpph3.png[/IMG]
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), September 13, 2014, 8:12pm; Reply: 13
At least we will get an idea of how many gay pro footballers we have because frankly anyone wearing rainbow laces must gay as intercourse.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 13, 2014, 8:36pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Belfast Town
It would be great to see Town and our players supporting the campaign:

http://www.stonewall.org.uk/what_we_do/9258.asp

Why is that?

If someone is homosexual then they are homosexual - so what? Gay was such a lovely word till it was hijacked.

What about players with ginger hair or a moustache?

Or ugly players?

Or players who cannot shoot straight or those that get homesick for their home town a whole hour away?

Tell you what - let us forget about the football altogether and just congregate on a Saturday afternoon and discuss the latest trends fashions and sexualities of the players and base league tables on that?  
Posted by: LH, September 13, 2014, 8:51pm; Reply: 15
Them bloody gays stole the moustache as well!
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 13, 2014, 11:00pm; Reply: 16

Why is that?

If someone is homosexual then they are homosexual - so what? Gay was such a lovely word till it was hijacked.

Or ugly players?

Or players who cannot shoot straight or those that get homesick for their home town a whole hour away?

Tell you what - let us forget about the football altogether and just congregate on a Saturday afternoon and discuss the latest trends fashions and sexualities of the players and base league tables on that?  

Finally, someone comes out with a credible way to get out of this tinpot league  ;)
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 14, 2014, 12:20am; Reply: 17

Why is that?

Or ugly players?

What's Mick Halsall got to do with all this?

Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 12:42am