Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 12, 2014, 3:24pm
I'm looking for a bit of help choosing a shirt size for my lad. On the club shop site it gives the medium shirt as 42" but last season's medium comes up as smaller than that. We're 200 miles away so can't just pop in to try them himself and we want lettering on the back so we can't return it if we get the wrong size.

Anyone got any info that could help?

Are they tight fitting for the size?
Are they long or short in the body?

Posted by: Nelly GTFC, September 12, 2014, 4:17pm; Reply: 1
I'm a skinny bean pole and a medium was tight on me, so had to take it back and get a large as I like it a tiny bit loose.

From the neck centre down to the bottom it's 24 inches (60cm) for the large, the medium was about 2 inches (5cm) shorter if that helps.  :)
Posted by: Richard, September 12, 2014, 5:07pm; Reply: 2
my lad is a small 12 year old and i got him small adult and it fits fine  
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 12, 2014, 5:28pm; Reply: 3
I'm a medium build, 40" chest and I had to take my L one back and swap for the XL.
So they are very small for the size printed on the shirt.
Mine is perfect now because I like to wear a t shirt underneath it.

UTM
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 12, 2014, 6:54pm; Reply: 4
Being a rather "big-boned" person I usually wear a 2xl in most t-shirts, however this season I have bought the 5xl version of the shirt and it is more like a normal 2xl size.

It's quite long so it is maybe a 3-4xl size in length but as for width it's only really a 2xl size. In short you'll need to get one or maybe even 2 sizes bigger than your normal size especially if you are going to wear a long-sleeve sweatshirt under it in the winter.
Posted by: Freemoash88, September 12, 2014, 7:14pm; Reply: 5
I'm abit round myself nothing over the top tho I'm normally a XL but got XXL and fit fits alright an doesn't show my belly too much  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 12, 2014, 7:55pm; Reply: 6
Cheers gents. I thought it was a bit odd - I tried a large (supposedly 42", I'm a 40) myself the other week and it was a bit tight.  He's broader, a bit taller but skinnier so large it is.
Posted by: Grimal, September 12, 2014, 9:21pm; Reply: 7
If you click on the link below ,it shows the sizes of  "Errea"  Football shirts and shorts.

http://www.sportsclobber.co.uk/402-1021-thickbox/errea-bolton-full-kit.jpg
Posted by: LH, September 12, 2014, 9:28pm; Reply: 8
Unrelated - I was in Seville a few weeks back and their Errea shop had a few "Town" shirts in the front window. We're massive in Andalucia.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 12, 2014, 10:48pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from LH
Unrelated - I was in Seville a few weeks back and their Errea shop had a few "Town" shirts in the front window. We're massive in Andalucia.

That must be because of "Charlie"  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 12, 2014, 10:49pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from LH

Ta. Those numbers make more sense than those advertised on the Town site.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 12, 2014, 11:01pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That must be because of "Charlie"  ;)

For the avoidance of doubt I'm not talking about powder or the Viet Cong. I mean a footballer not deemed good enough for division 5 in English football.
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 6:19pm