Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 11, 2014, 9:59pm
Released today.

I might be forgetting something obvious but does anyone know what the score was with Newcastle getting 95 banning orders last season when the next highest was 22?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/352864/FootballRelatedArrestsBanningOrderSeason201314.pdf
Posted by: GrimRob, September 11, 2014, 10:05pm; Reply: 1
Well we beat Hull!
Posted by: wigworld, September 11, 2014, 10:09pm; Reply: 2
I suspect our figures would have been much lower if we hadn't had the two FA cup games against Scunny last season.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 11, 2014, 11:26pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Les Brechin
Released today.

I might be forgetting something obvious but does anyone know what the score was with Newcastle getting 95 banning orders last season when the next highest was 22?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/352864/FootballRelatedArrestsBanningOrderSeason201314.pdf

was the horse punching Sunderland riot in these figures?
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 12, 2014, 9:31am; Reply: 4
Newcastle like us take a lot of away support to games,
Posted by: forza ivano, September 12, 2014, 10:29am; Reply: 5
16TH THIS YEAR.We're slipping.......
Posted by: grimps, September 12, 2014, 11:06am; Reply: 6
Do we have a disproportionate amount of hooligans in Grimsby or are our fans being policed more vigorously ?
Every year we seem to have more bans than clubs getting 10-15 times more fans than us
Posted by: GrimRob, September 12, 2014, 11:47am; Reply: 7
If around 30 people are getting banned every year, then we must have hundreds (maybe even thousands) of supporters who are either currently banned or have been banned in the past. Unless there's a massive amount of repeat offenders.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 12, 2014, 11:48am; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimps
Do we have a disproportionate amount of hooligans in Grimsby or are our fans being policed more vigorously ?
Every year we seem to have more bans than clubs getting 10-15 times more fans than us

The last "significant incident" i can recall was Alfreton the other season and that was in reality name calling over a heras fence. Would be interesting to see a breakdown of the reasons.
Posted by: oldun, September 12, 2014, 12:36pm; Reply: 9
Well done Fulham only 4.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 12, 2014, 12:58pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from oldun
Well done Fulham only 4.

Yeah must have been really difficult for most of their fans, keeping a lid on it, given some of their performances last season Oldun  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 12, 2014, 2:40pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimps
(a) Do we have a disproportionate amount of hooligans in Grimsby or are our fans being policed more vigorously ?
(b) Every year we seem to have more bans than clubs getting 10-15 times more fans than us

Mostly (b) I'd say, but a bit of (a)...which leads the authorities to clamp down harder than they otherwise would.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 12, 2014, 4:40pm; Reply: 12
One thing humberside police never do is prevent the trouble before it happens. They all ways seem to let it happen then try to intervene during the trouble instead of stopping it in the first place. A lot of these bans will probably be carried on from previous seasons though. Other than scunny at home last season I can't recall any trouble.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 12, 2014, 4:54pm; Reply: 13
I bet more people are arrested after closing time for drunken behaviour than at a footy match,

The ones at the game makes more headlines though.
Posted by: Richard, September 12, 2014, 5:01pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Les Brechin
Released today.

maybe when we played em at the athletics stadium lol :)
Posted by: cod_head_doug, September 12, 2014, 7:44pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from 1739
One thing humberside police never do is prevent the trouble before it happens. They all ways seem to let it happen then try to intervene during the trouble instead of stopping it in the first place. A lot of these bans will probably be carried on from previous seasons though. Other than scunny at home last season I can't recall any trouble.

I have been following Town home and away for more than 45 years. We seem to have an over-zealous police attitude towards Town fans both home and away than most other clubs. Take Lincoln away on Tuesday, the police and stewards made a segregated area where the home and away fans stands met in the corner, they put that material stuff over the seats so the Lincoln fans couldn't sit in them. But the moment their fans decided to run to that fence in the corner nobody stopped them and nobody seemed interested in making them go back to their seats. Now I await with bated breath to see how many Lincoln fans are subsequently rounded up due to CCTV evidence and given banning orders or arrest warrants. When you consider Town fans were given 70 banning orders, if memory serves, for our relegation game at Burton Albion, where hardly a punch was thrown, it does seem a tad unfair.
A final word for the new generation of Town hooligans that so magnificently ran away from a few Lincoln lads before the game when they outnumbered them at least 3 to 1, please go to the games and watch the match and support the team. You might be able to buy the overpriced designer hooligan outfits but you are a long way short of being the real thing. Dont try to be something from the past that you are clearly not. Lets all consign them days to history.
Posted by: barralad, September 12, 2014, 10:25pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from cod_head_doug

I have been following Town home and away for more than 45 years. We seem to have an over-zealous police attitude towards Town fans both home and away than most other clubs. Take Lincoln away on Tuesday, the police and stewards made a segregated area where the home and away fans stands met in the corner, they put that material stuff over the seats so the Lincoln fans couldn't sit in them. But the moment their fans decided to run to that fence in the corner nobody stopped them and nobody seemed interested in making them go back to their seats. Now I await with bated breath to see how many Lincoln fans are subsequently rounded up due to CCTV evidence and given banning orders or arrest warrants. When you consider Town fans were given 70 banning orders, if memory serves, for our relegation game at Burton Albion, where hardly a punch was thrown, it does seem a tad unfair.
A final word for the new generation of Town hooligans that so magnificently ran away from a few Lincoln lads before the game when they outnumbered them at least 3 to 1, please go to the games and watch the match and support the team. You might be able to buy the overpriced designer hooligan outfits but you are a long way short of being the real thing. Dont try to be something from the past that you are clearly not. Lets all consign them days to history.

Cracking post that! We were sat next to the fence that the steward was dragged over and all commented on the futility of having a "no-go" type area if you don't take action against people who encroach on it.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 4:11am