Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 9, 2014, 5:11pm
When Town score?

My son and me jump for joy, in fact i lift him up and jump and down with him, i know my dad when he use to go would just nod his head and approve. ;D

So how do you celebrate a goal?
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 9, 2014, 5:18pm; Reply: 1
Well Chris, this is how I feel on the inside

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2upe8wn.gif[/IMG]

and this is how I look on the outside

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/i3tg91.gif[/IMG]

and when the opposition score this is how I feel

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/vzyjux.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: mariner91, September 9, 2014, 5:27pm; Reply: 2
Depends very much on the goal itself and the settings. A good goal against Lincoln and I jump around like a mentalist shouting nonsense.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 9, 2014, 5:46pm; Reply: 3
always end up hugging someone when its a big goal!
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, September 9, 2014, 5:46pm; Reply: 4
I stand up as quickly as possible to give my crushed legs some relief.  Legroom is not the greatest in BP.  #bringbackstanding
Posted by: cjbill, September 9, 2014, 5:47pm; Reply: 5
I'm not quite sure what I do. Definitely straight on my feet but after that it can be a bit of a blur..... Especially if it is in a big game
Posted by: Abdul19, September 9, 2014, 5:59pm; Reply: 6
I smile for a second and firmly shake the hand of the gentleman next to me!
Posted by: Mariner21, September 9, 2014, 6:14pm; Reply: 7
I jump around like a nut case and spend the rest of the game looking for my phone and keys!!!
Posted by: lukeo, September 9, 2014, 6:18pm; Reply: 8
I play football Saturdays in Devon so I get to see the results in whatever club house we end up at. Usually when I see the result I shout " get in!" If we've won and people look at me strangely and wonder who I'm cheering at so I tell them!
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 9, 2014, 6:24pm; Reply: 9
Few years ago I celebrated that hard at Sincil Bank when Hearn got our second I went rolling down the stairs in front of Lincolns finest.
Posted by: northbankmariner, September 9, 2014, 6:25pm; Reply: 10
I miss the old days in the pontoon, whenever we scored everyone just surged forward into a big heap of bodies at the bottom of the stand. Now it is all seating celebrating a goal is far too civilised. But still in a big game the feeling of euphoria sends you crackers. I think mariners93 videos sums it up perfectly for me
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 9, 2014, 6:28pm; Reply: 11
I miss them old days of standing in the pontoon too mate, great days! I was only a young lad then and would always end up getting squashed near the bottom. :o
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 9, 2014, 6:29pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from lukeo
I play football Saturdays in Devon so I get to see the results in whatever club house we end up at. Usually when I see the result I shout " get in!" If we've won and people look at me strangely and wonder who I'm cheering at so I tell them!

And you're a season ticket holder ?
How do you manage that then ?

UTM
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 9, 2014, 6:59pm; Reply: 13
I just embarrass my grandkids who are with me,

BUT

They know how much I love the club,

So they put up with me.
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 9, 2014, 7:01pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from grimsby pete
I just embarrass my grandkids who are with me,

BUT

They know how much I love the club,

So they put up with me.

I'm the same Pete, my missus thinks I'm mad, and she's probably right.

But, before she organises anything she checks to see where town are first.

UTM
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 9, 2014, 7:08pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from mariner tommy

I'm the same Pete, my missus thinks I'm mad, and she's probably right.

But, before she organises anything she checks to see where town are first.

UTM

My wife was a season ticket holder when I introduced her to the love of Grimsby Town in the late 70's,

She enjoyed watching Bobby Cumming and the rest of the local lads when we enjoyed a lot of success,

Now however she just thinks I am mad to care about a club that has dropped down so much,

I just remind her, I have loved Grimsby Town longer than I have loved her,

She now excepts she is not my only love. 8)
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, September 9, 2014, 7:42pm; Reply: 16
I cup my hands behind my ears and run towards the Town fans as they've given me quite a bit of stick over the last year.
Posted by: Codswede, September 9, 2014, 7:44pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
I cup my hands behind my ears and run towards the Town fans as they've given me quite a bit of stick over the last year.

I'm dead   ;D  ;D  ;D
Posted by: lukeo, September 9, 2014, 9:42pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from mariner tommy

And you're a season ticket holder ?
How do you manage that then ?

UTM

My split personality
Posted by: LH, September 10, 2014, 12:06am; Reply: 19
Being the grumpy Upper Findus illegitimate I am I mostly just clap after an inward fist pump (oo-er) nowadays. Different for derby games, cup games or important goals.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, September 10, 2014, 12:48am; Reply: 20
listening on the radio at home, it's two hands straight in the air, very loud clap so the neighbours can hear, then a punch in the air.

At games, I wait for the second to go in...
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 10, 2014, 7:56am; Reply: 21
Quoted from lukeo

Where in Devon mate? Staying just outside newton abbot/Torquay for a week. Found the gulls fans pretty spot on. Most stopping for a chat while others just stare at the shirt (worn one every day) and look aghast that anyone would support town
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 3:04pm