Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: LH, September 8, 2014, 5:21pm
Not sure if it's been mentioned but GTFC have retweeted someone saying that the common is closed for parking due to a fun fair being on there at the minute.

Firstly: is it street parking as the only alternative?

Secondly: feel free to make jokes about gypsies/circus folk/ Lincoln having two fields with clowns on them etc etc.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 8, 2014, 5:23pm; Reply: 1
Was going to ask same question really, , where's best to park? On my previous trips to Silly Bank I've been on the train.
Posted by: GyMariner, September 8, 2014, 5:43pm; Reply: 2
I've always parked on the grass verge opposite the ground and then over the bridge in front of a row of terrace houses. Often a couple of hundred cars lined up.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, September 8, 2014, 9:40pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from GyMariner
I've always parked on the grass verge opposite the ground and then over the bridge in front of a row of terrace houses. Often a couple of hundred cars lined up.

Me too, tons of street parking down South Park, not to be confused with South Park avenue
Posted by: Green27, September 8, 2014, 10:13pm; Reply: 4
Ripon Street is brilliant, park towards the end it's street parking and you come straight out on to the dual carriageway heading on to the A46. I use to live their while at uni.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 9, 2014, 10:11am; Reply: 5
Lincolnshire County Council (not the Police) control the street parking in Lincoln now, and I understand there will be wardens on duty tonight. Its a £70 fine for parking on double yellow lines, loading bays, disabled areas, resident parking bays or too close to a junction, so be careful. Also the NCP car parks are patrolled so make sure you pay for enough time!
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 12:48am