Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, September 5, 2014, 9:23am
Good couple of interviews in the GET past couple of days, says we never saw the best of him, comes across quite well, Personally feel he wasn't good enough for us ( from what I saw) but wish him all the best at welling
Posted by: Maringer, September 5, 2014, 10:21am; Reply: 1
I thought he was generally OK, nothing more. Certainly not "the worst full-back we've ever had" as some seemed to think.

I think Magnay looks to be a better signing in defence as he has already shown good versatility.
Posted by: jimgtfc, September 5, 2014, 10:28am; Reply: 2
Thought he looked poor ability wise but always gave his all and that's why he'll get q round of applause from me tomorrow.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 5, 2014, 10:31am; Reply: 3
Quoted from jimgtfc
Thought he looked poor ability wise but always gave his all and that's why he'll get q round of applause from me tomorrow.

indeed this!
Posted by: Abdul19, September 5, 2014, 11:48am; Reply: 4
By the time his name gets read out tomorrow I'll probably have forgotten that he played for us!
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 5, 2014, 11:55am; Reply: 5
I am sure I remember his first game and he looked OK after that he was pretty crap.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 5, 2014, 12:27pm; Reply: 6
We certainly saw more than a few glimpses of his crossing ability!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 5, 2014, 12:36pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid
Good couple of interviews in the GET past couple of days, says we never saw the best of him, comes across quite well, Personally feel he wasn't good enough for us ( from what I saw) but wish him all the best at welling

I'd disagree that we never saw the best of him...I think we did that when he got that late winner for York when they beat us 3-2 in the league game the season they went up ::)

Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, September 5, 2014, 12:46pm; Reply: 8
just looked on the Welling forum  ;D ;D

someone has put - without sounding negative, i hope we haven't seen the best of him yet aswell
Posted by: acko338, September 5, 2014, 12:48pm; Reply: 9
If he could have reproduced the way he played against us, then he would have been still here!

Thought he was carrying injury niggles all through his stay.
Posted by: gtfc98, September 5, 2014, 1:28pm; Reply: 10
He had an absolute shocker against Cambridge in the trophy semi final. One of the worst full back performances I've witnessed since Greg Young v Bristol City.
Posted by: rancido, September 5, 2014, 3:22pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Or non-ability as it turned out!
Posted by: chaos33, September 5, 2014, 5:02pm; Reply: 12
I thought he looked better for York than he did for us, although my York supporting mates think he's useless. I won't be so cruel as to call him that.  ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, September 5, 2014, 7:12pm; Reply: 13
terrible with the ball and couldnt cross to save his life...hope he is the same.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 5, 2014, 9:15pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The worst crosser of the ball since I played! Hilariously bad it livened up the game to see how many times he could fook up a cross, and the beauty of it was he could fook up in so many different ways, sliced out, sliced over, over hit, under hit and my all time favourite , the fyfield special. This involved him consistently hitting the full backs leg or body from 2 yards when trying to cross into the middle
Posted by: Abdul19, September 5, 2014, 9:16pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from forza ivano

...and my all time favourite , the fyfield special. This involved him consistently hitting the full backs leg or body from 2 yards when trying to cross into the middle

Sounds remarkably similar to a Colbeck special!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 6, 2014, 6:06am; Reply: 16
With Colbeck there was occasionally some end product in each game.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 6, 2014, 7:04am; Reply: 17
Let's hope he plays, he was terrible. I felt sorry for him at one point when he produced the worst performance I can remember.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 7:37pm