Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sutton mariner, September 3, 2014, 7:26pm
Sitting on the bus today and I heard someone talk about this...
Every season there is one/two rounds in the premier league in which each and every team scores a goal. They put on an accumulator bet on every round in which they put both teams to score/ 1.5+ goals on the game on.

Apparently every year when it comes off they win big.

Could someone clarify this is a decent bet / does this?
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 3, 2014, 8:05pm; Reply: 1
If you were to put a £10 bet on both teams to score for every PL game next fixture list, it would return £6935.10. So over a season that's £380, so yeah if it came off one season it'll be a good bet.

Not sure how many times it did last season though.
Posted by: LH, September 3, 2014, 8:06pm; Reply: 2
A lad i used to work with does this bet. Remember one week he had 18/20 of the goals he needed but Wolves couldn't score past Man United (for the younger ones they used to be good) and let him down for a couple of grand.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 3, 2014, 8:34pm; Reply: 3
This (bts x10) happened a while back but I'm sure it was the first time it'd happened for years? It seems strange that the bookies would be so out of sync with probability on something like this.
Posted by: sutton mariner, September 3, 2014, 8:48pm; Reply: 4
Hmm not sure wether to go for this or not. Anyone know of anything like this, something that happens once a season if lucky that wins big?
Posted by: LH, September 3, 2014, 8:52pm; Reply: 5
If anyone finds out could they please let me know what week this big money annual winner is happening? Need a new car.
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 3, 2014, 9:16pm; Reply: 6
Being a lover of statistics, I just had to check.
Just counting premier league games on a Saturday.
It never happened last season, but it did the season before.
On Saturday 15 December 2012, there were 6 premiership games and they all scored.
It happened again on Saturday 11 May 2013, but there was only one game on that Saturday, so I doubt you would get very good odds on one game and both teams to score, but you would on the previous occasion.

UTM
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 3, 2014, 9:24pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Abdul19
This (bts x10) happened a while back but I'm sure it was the first time it'd happened for years? It seems strange that the bookies would be so out of sync with probability on something like this.

With all due respect Abdul, some bloke on a bus reckons it happens a couple of times a season so I'm going big  ;)
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, September 3, 2014, 10:27pm; Reply: 8
I think this scenario happens more in the championship and in Scotland. They all seem to have more goals than the prem.
Posted by: topuphere666, September 3, 2014, 11:02pm; Reply: 9
One of my mates sticks £1 on games finishing as a high score draw. Doesn't happen too often but makes a but of cash from it.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 4, 2014, 11:31am; Reply: 10
I think this scenario happens more in the championship and in Scotland. They all seem to have more goals than the prem.

Championship goals per game 13/14: 2.6
Premier League goals per game 13/14: 2.77

;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 4, 2014, 11:42am; Reply: 11
What I usually do on a Saturday is stick £2 (big spender me) on 6 homes but all have to be at odds of Evens or better.

Over the course of the season it'll cost between £70-£80 but if you get it up once you are guaranteed at least £128.

Last season I won twice (a total of nearly £300). It didn't come in the season before that but once it came in 4 times!

It's surprising the games you can find where the home team is Evens or better. This Saturday Bradford are 6/5 to beat Yeovil and Leyton Orient 5/4 to beat Preston.

Many times I've got 5 come in and been one off. Admittedly you're never going to break the bank but for £2 a week it gives a bit of extra interest on a Saturday.

My one rule though is  I never bet on Town!
Posted by: prestonmariner, September 4, 2014, 2:38pm; Reply: 12
I'm a big lover of Both Teams To Score betting. The idea of putting an entire league on one acca is very optimistic, but as has been said, if it comes in only once over two seasons for example, you're still a good couple of grand in the good. The scottish lower leagues are an utter goal fest some weeks. Once i put all 15 games from Scotland divisions 1,2 & 3, and was only one team scoring away from a very nice 4 figure sum. Bloody Jocks
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 4, 2014, 3:07pm; Reply: 13
My evens or better homes for Saturday.

Bradford @ 11/10
Bradford v Yeovil

Crawley @ 6/5
Crawley v Rochdale

Oldham @ 11/8
Oldham v Fleetwood Town

Luton @ 23/20
Luton v Plymouth

Stevenage @ 13/10
Stevenage v York

Carlisle @ 8/5
Carlisle v Wimbledon

Stake: £2.00 Potential Returns: £282.15
Posted by: StiggsGTFC, September 5, 2014, 8:32am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Les Brechin
My evens or better homes for Saturday.

Bradford @ 11/10
Bradford v Yeovil

Crawley @ 6/5
Crawley v Rochdale

Oldham @ 11/8
Oldham v Fleetwood Town

Luton @ 23/20
Luton v Plymouth

Stevenage @ 13/10
Stevenage v York

Carlisle @ 8/5
Carlisle v Wimbledon

Stake: £2.00 Potential Returns: £282.15

Think you have just guaranteed that bradford won't win and Leyton will.....😉

Posted by: Les Brechin, September 5, 2014, 8:53am; Reply: 15
Quoted from StiggsGTFC

Think you have just guaranteed that bradford won't win and Leyton will.....😉

The Leyton Orient game is off, that's why I didn't include it in my bet.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 5, 2014, 11:47am; Reply: 16
Don't fancy Carlisle and Stevenage (which with my record means they will definitely win!)
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 5, 2014, 1:12pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Abdul19
Don't fancy Carlisle and Stevenage (which with my record means they will definitely win!)

I could obviously have found more likely homes with shorter odds, but those 6 are the best at "Evens or better" this Saturday I reckon and you only have to get the bet up once a season to make a profit.

Probably only get 1 or 2 come in now though.
Posted by: Bignic69, September 5, 2014, 4:45pm; Reply: 18
A bloke i used to work with would put a fair bit of  money on each individual match of an international tournament finishing 3-3 and said he only needed 1 to come in per tournament to more than double his money for that particular tournament. Both the tournaments i worked with him through(1 world cup and a euro) fell short lol. He's still adamant its worth it haha  
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 6, 2014, 2:03pm; Reply: 19
Oh well. Looks like my bets down before it really started. I didn't realise the Luton game was an early kick off
Posted by: lobsterpot, September 7, 2014, 1:34am; Reply: 20
Ha ha Les you must be the worst tipster ever lol sorry made me laugh but bloody awful ;D
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 7, 2014, 8:28am; Reply: 21
Quoted from lobsterpot
Ha ha Les you must be the worst tipster ever lol sorry made me laugh but bloody awful ;D

Yeah, bit of a disaster wasn't it.  ;D

Still, as long as it comes in once a season that'll do me.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 7, 2014, 8:39am; Reply: 22
Quoted from sutton mariner
Sitting on the bus today and I heard someone talk about this...
Every season there is one/two rounds in the premier league in which each and every team scores a goal. They put on an accumulator bet on every round in which they put both teams to score/ 1.5+ goals on the game on.

Apparently every year when it comes off they win big.

Could someone clarify this is a decent bet / does this?

It's easy enough to work out. According to my database over the last six seasons 51% of PL games both teams scored in. There are 10 games in a "round", so the odds of it happening are (0.51)^10, which is 0.13% (assuming no correlation between the results). That's one every 775 "rounds", of which there are about 35 complete 10 match rounds a season because of cup games. So you'd expect to win around once every 20 years. The bookies are probably on to a winner if people have these bets!
Posted by: forza ivano, September 7, 2014, 12:21pm; Reply: 23
I seem to remember the Belgian league being an utter goal fest and it was an almost constant winner for those betting on goals, btts etc
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 13, 2014, 5:26pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from lobsterpot

I didn't bother posting my 6 games today and it's gone and come in. A profit of £303.46.  :)

Ipswich @ 21/20Match BettingOpen
Ipswich v Millwall
Coventry @ 23/20Match BettingOpen
Coventry v Yeovil
Luton @ 11/8Match BettingOpen
Luton v Cheltenham
Newport @ 13/10Match BettingOpen
Newport v Northampton
Southend @ 5/4Match BettingOpen
Southend v Portsmouth
Stevenage @ 9/5Match BettingOpen
Stevenage v Shrewsbury