Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, September 1, 2014, 10:19pm
We played 33 games in the JPT under its various names. Which was the most memorable and did anyone manage to go to them all?

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8388375

From 1998 Burnley away and of course beating Bournemouth are the obvious highlights for me, but others might not remember those days.

Can't wait to get back in it again!
Posted by: Abdul19, September 1, 2014, 11:20pm; Reply: 1
Burnley away and Bournemouth are obvious so I'll go with the Stockport away game in 2008. Pissing it down, Jamie Clarke scoring an actual goal (with a bit of help!), a comedy own goal and a top atmosphere!
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 1, 2014, 11:23pm; Reply: 2
The one where Tony Crane blasted a penalty into space as we lost to non-league Morecambe. Think some bloke called Steve Slade played a single game up front for us, and Paul Ashton scored from a cross.
Posted by: Sigone, September 1, 2014, 11:41pm; Reply: 3
Doh and I thought you was reminiscing about our journey into Europe in the Anglo-Italian Cup
Posted by: grimps, September 1, 2014, 11:46pm; Reply: 4
Scunthorpe away in 98 , 2500 Town fans watching a Brazil like performance 😊
Posted by: chicaneuk, September 2, 2014, 9:55am; Reply: 5
I remember going to the JPT final at Wembley.. we didn't win :(
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 2, 2014, 10:15am; Reply: 6
Quoted from chicaneuk
I remember going to the JPT final at Wembley.. we didn't win :(

I still feel guilty for contributing towards MK Dons. I'd never go away there unless I could get a freebie but had to go to Wembley.

Best away JPT game for me, sorry but it has to be Burnley. When Kev volleyed the second in and we knew Wembley beckoned for the first time, I was elated and almost in tears!
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 2, 2014, 6:14pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Abdul19
Burnley away and Bournemouth are obvious so I'll go with the Stockport away game in 2008. Pissing it down, Jamie Clarke scoring an actual goal (with a bit of help!), a comedy own goal and a top atmosphere!

It wasn't just pissing it down Abdul, those hail stones were as hard and the size of gobstoppers ;D

I was one of the few still stood behind the goal, it was worth getting soaked and battered by white gobstoppers for giving their keeper Logan and Elding grief  ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, September 2, 2014, 6:24pm; Reply: 8
Oh of course, it was the night of that miss!  ;D

How did I forget that?!
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 2, 2014, 9:22pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Abdul19
Oh of course, it was the night of that miss!  ;D

How did I forget that?!

For a split second we thought he scored to and then we took the urine out if him, his face was a picture  ;D
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 5:56am