Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 1, 2014, 9:40am
Any transfers made yet????

Heard falcao and jermain Defoe are heading over to England

Do we have reporters ready and lined up at millfields, a180 service stations and at the ground
Posted by: Biccys, September 1, 2014, 10:09am; Reply: 1
I do hope RoboCod Cam is up and running again this year, so we can see players that none of us recognise walking into the building... Or not.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 1, 2014, 10:41am; Reply: 2
The hairs are standing up on my neck in anticipation
Posted by: Garth, September 1, 2014, 10:46am; Reply: 3
Quoted from GrimRob
The hairs are standing up on my neck in anticipation

And the hares are standing up in the fields laughing at your anticipation ;)
Posted by: Hagrid, September 1, 2014, 10:56am; Reply: 4
falcao in world news! great signing for manure
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 1, 2014, 10:58am; Reply: 5
Rock me Amadeus!

One got the older listeners
Posted by: aldi_01, September 1, 2014, 3:29pm; Reply: 6
Not sure Falcao is a good signing. Will he spit his dummy out again and get another iffy injury when things don't go his way? A lot of money on a player and even more when they're forced to buy him.

It still doesn't solve their defensive formation or the fact their stubborn insurance man of a manager won't adapt his style or formation to accommodate the staff he has better. Everyone is well aware that they need a decent defender and yet he buys an attacking player for a side that isn't short in that area.

That said, deadline day as sky call it is simply a day where the staff at sky sports news can feel important.
Posted by: Southernboy, September 1, 2014, 3:35pm; Reply: 7
Wish we had signed him though!
Posted by: Maringer, September 1, 2014, 3:46pm; Reply: 8
It is quite amusing to see Manyoo chuck another wodge of cash out on another attacking player when you look at the players they have available in defence and central midfield. Quite how they think they are going to win anything with a weak defence and no real ability in central midfield, I don't know.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 1, 2014, 3:49pm; Reply: 9
And still their fans bang on about city and Chelsea buying the league...at least when those two did splash some cash they got success, scumchester have spent far more and still haven't assembled a good squad.
Posted by: Vance Warner, September 1, 2014, 3:54pm; Reply: 10
Couldn't agree more. They've got the most expensive squad in the league and are very average. Makes me smile to think of all those part timers in their Man U shirts watching in the pubs of GY.
Posted by: jimgtfc, September 1, 2014, 4:02pm; Reply: 11
Ryan Bird released by Portsmouth...
Posted by: Grimsby2012, September 1, 2014, 4:04pm; Reply: 12
Excellent signing for Manure. That along with Di Maria proves their still one of the most attractive clubs in the world even without champions league....... To me they should play 4 at the back and still sign a world class CB. That should be them sorted
Posted by: jimgtfc, September 1, 2014, 4:06pm; Reply: 13
With wages and loan fees Falcao will cost united over £20 million... For 1 season.
Posted by: LH, September 1, 2014, 4:07pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Excellent signing for Manure. That along with Di Maria proves their still one of the most attractive clubs in the world even without champions league....... To me they should play 4 at the back and still sign a world class CB. That should be them sorted

Suggests to me that they'll pay anyone anything to get them to sign. Thomas Müller reportedly said he'd been approached with a ridiculous wage.
Posted by: Southernboy, September 1, 2014, 4:10pm; Reply: 15
Utd desperate - end of. He's going to be great I suspect but they paying well over the odds
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 1, 2014, 4:20pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from jimgtfc
With wages and loan fees Falcao will cost united over £20 million... For 1 season.

Can't see him getting homesick!
Posted by: Tom13, September 1, 2014, 4:26pm; Reply: 17
Falcao's on £300k per week at Monaco and United are covering most of this plus £10m (?) loan fee for 1 year, surely there's better value to be had elsewhere?! He's barely even proven in the Champions League (although that won't be a problem for United!).

Still doesn't escape from the fact they still need a pair of centre backs, a defensive midfielder and possibly a right back either.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, September 1, 2014, 4:31pm; Reply: 18
QPR bid 10 million for Borini... that's them back in the Championship then, sad really - would of expected them to sign someone with goal prowess.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, September 1, 2014, 4:36pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
QPR bid 10 million for Borini... that's them back in the Championship then, sad really - would of expected them to sign someone with goal prowess.

This, did they not sell Remy for less?
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, September 1, 2014, 4:41pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
This, did they not sell Remy for less?
10.5 million for Remy, that's his buy out clause.  I've just read the Borino deal could rise to 13 million, I don't think he's worth  more than 5 million.

Think it's stupid considering Liverpool bought Balotelli for 16 million, and Sturridge for 12 million.

Hull sign Abel Hernanadez for 9.5 million, scored 14 goals in 28 games for Palmero.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, September 1, 2014, 4:47pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
10.5 million for Remy, that's his buy out clause.  I've just read the Borino deal could rise to 13 million, I don't think he's worth  more than 5 million.

Think it's stupid considering Liverpool bought Balotelli for 16 million, and Sturridge for 12 million.

Hull sign Abel Hernanadez for 9.5 million, scored 14 goals in 28 games for Palmero.

Still, Borini isn't half the finisher Remy is. If teams are looking for a cheap goalscorer surely Gary Hooper fits the bill.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 1, 2014, 5:28pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Tom13
Falcao's on £300k per week at Monaco and United are covering most of this plus £10m (?) loan fee for 1 year, surely there's better value to be had elsewhere?! He's barely even proven in the Champions League (although that won't be a problem for United!).

Interesting question raised on SSN: obviously his Monaco wage is tax free. Are Man U covering that as well?!
Posted by: Abdul19, September 1, 2014, 5:29pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from aldi_01
Not sure Falcao is a good signing. Will he spit his dummy out again and get another iffy injury when things don't go his way? A lot of money on a player and even more when they're forced to buy him.

ACL wasn't it?
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, September 1, 2014, 5:58pm; Reply: 24
United have brought in 5 class players, add Mata to that, and that potentially is one hell of a side....

may have to wait till January to get Strootman. Laugh as much as you like, United will be practically unstoppable in a year's time
Posted by: Garth, September 1, 2014, 6:06pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen
United have brought in 5 class players, add Mata to that, and that potentially is one hell of a side....

may have to wait till January to get Strootman. Laugh as much as you like, United will be practically unstoppable in a year's time

Thats assuming Citi, Chelskie, Ars-enal, and the Scouse all stand still
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 1, 2014, 6:07pm; Reply: 26
Keanu marsh brown having talks with Blackpool
Posted by: Abdul19, September 1, 2014, 6:24pm; Reply: 27
Laugh as much as you like, United will be practically unstoppable in a year's time

I do laugh fairly regularly when I see Jonny Evans, Phil Jones and Chris Smalling in their lineup.
Posted by: LH, September 1, 2014, 6:29pm; Reply: 28
It's more likely that they'll be on an unstoppable drop if they don't sign players they need rather than want.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 1, 2014, 7:01pm; Reply: 29

In spite of all the spending, it is normally the best teamwork that wins the Prem not necessarily the biggest buys.
Posted by: RoboCod, September 1, 2014, 8:34pm; Reply: 30
Van Gaal must be sacked, and sacked TONIGHT!
Posted by: cod_head_doug, September 1, 2014, 9:39pm; Reply: 31
Anyone know if we are expected to do any business tonight ?
Posted by: forza ivano, September 1, 2014, 9:40pm; Reply: 32

As you are the poster who wanted hurst sacked despite being unbeaten and with almost a whole team out injured I think i can safely completely ignore your predictions
Posted by: GrimRob, September 1, 2014, 10:14pm; Reply: 33

In spite of all the spending, it is normally the best teamwork that wins the Prem not necessarily the biggest buys.

Agreed. You can't just cobble a side together overnight. We don't normally "bed in" until Xmas!
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), September 1, 2014, 10:55pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from GrimRob

Agreed. You can't just cobble a side together overnight. We don't normally "bed in" until Xmas!

Thought we normally crumble at Xmas?!
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 1, 2014, 11:04pm; Reply: 35
What the hell is the point of having a transfer DEADLINE if clubs can apply for an extension. What a joke.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 1, 2014, 11:15pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Les Brechin
What the hell is the point of having a transfer DEADLINE if clubs can apply for an extension. What a joke.

The biggest joke is that the transfer deadline applies to non-league clubs.
Posted by: Sigone, September 1, 2014, 11:15pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Les Brechin

Mad isn't it.  Clubs have all month to sort something out then cant get it done in the final 23 hours. Still keeps Jim White excited on sky.  Speaking of which is it only me that got totally annoyed by the idiots behind the Sky reporters.  Brats the lot of them. Think the January window Sky will move there reporters inside the grounds.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 1, 2014, 11:16pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from 3610

Thought we normally crumble at Xmas?!

Exactly, we're bedding in until just before Xmas, have a purple patch normally involving stuffing Lincoln, then start to crumble around January  :)
Posted by: Abdul19, September 1, 2014, 11:27pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from GrimRob

The biggest joke is that the transfer deadline applies to non-league clubs.

And then re-opens (in a fashion) next week.
Posted by: Tom13, September 2, 2014, 12:59am; Reply: 40
Quoted from Abdul19

Interesting question raised on SSN: obviously his Monaco wage is tax free. Are Man U covering that as well?!

Apparently for the loan deal Monaco will pay him the part of his wages which will be taxed over here, although I don't know how true that is.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 6:13pm