Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: immariner, August 29, 2014, 8:10pm
What the heck is going on there? He is 'fit' I am correct in thinking?

He had glowing reviews at Newport in the conference. Is it possible his two years without first team football at Blackpool put him "out of the game" and he hasn't as yet been able to catch back up, or is he simply just a bit bob and not favoured by Hurst?

I think at this point a loan move would be both parties' best option.
Posted by: livosnose, August 29, 2014, 8:15pm; Reply: 1
No he's back up and hes happy being back up
Posted by: Garth, August 29, 2014, 8:30pm; Reply: 2
Will no doubt play a part sometime tomorrow from the bench
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), August 29, 2014, 8:57pm; Reply: 3
If you want him starting tomorrow there's no shame in opinion, just say so !
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 29, 2014, 8:57pm; Reply: 4
He activated his own contract extension, Sam Hatton was ahead of him towards the end of last season so he'll be backup as I see it.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, August 29, 2014, 9:05pm; Reply: 5
But being third choice behind a centre half, who is only there to accommodate Boyce and Pearson, would really p!$$ me off, looks solid enough to me, not slow, I'd choose 2 of Boyce, Pearson and Toto put one on the bench, is Boyce's contract at Scunny up in May, if so sign those 2 up and play Bignot now, when Aza comes back pick him and play Magners at right back. Bignot would then be second choice. What a great situation though to have to pick between Boyce, Pearson, Toto, Magnay and Bignot who was brilliant 3 years ago.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), August 29, 2014, 9:19pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from SamTheMariner
is Boyce's contract at Scunny up in May, if so sign those 2 up

Lost me there I'm afraid... sign which 2 ?
Boyce here for another month on loan, not sure about May.

Anyway Bignot in ?
If so then respect, you're not frightened to say so.
Posted by: chaos33, August 29, 2014, 9:39pm; Reply: 7
Yeah I've got a bit lost too.

Probably not much to read into this I reckon.  I think he's deemed to be good enough for the squad but others are preferred at the moment it seems.

I saw the pre season game at Harrogate and remember thinking (and positing) that I thought we needed better quality at right back or this could potentially become a vulnerable position that others tems could exploit. Seems Hurst might have thought so too. I think he'll play his part and is generally steady, but it doesn't look like he'll be first choice.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), August 29, 2014, 10:00pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from chaos33
I saw the pre season game at Harrogate and remember thinking (and positing) that I thought we needed better quality at right back or this could potentially become a vulnerable position that others tems could exploit.

Can accept your word on that but same maybe true for Toto.

Was having my doubts about Nsiala's positioning RB even in pre-season at Brigg (and at Dover !) and sames been said by Maringer this season too.

He's a damn fine player for sure but strictly a CB.
I trust Hurst knows (the Bignot situation) best but whatever he does sounds a risk.

It all reminds me of Hatton when he was here...
How the hell he got away with his poor positioning for so long I'll never know !  ??) Must have had a lucky charm.
But I seem to remember that eventually he made a mistake (not the sending off) that cost us.
It's like playing with fire, you most probably won't get hurt but if you do...
Posted by: chaos33, August 29, 2014, 10:12pm; Reply: 9
I agree entirely
Posted by: immariner, August 29, 2014, 10:40pm; Reply: 10
The reason for this thread is how can he go from being perhaps considered the best right back outside the football league to only making 21 starts in 51 league games for us? You have to wonder had it not been for the clause in Bignot's favour whether Hurst would have offered him a new deal, especially if he didn't see him as first choice. After so little football in 3 years I'd be at Hurst's door asking very politely if I could go play first team football somewhere.
Posted by: chaos33, August 29, 2014, 10:48pm; Reply: 11
He might have done that. We don't know.

As for him 'possibly being the best right back outside the football league' -  who thinks that? Where has that been suggested? Is this the same as the received (and flawed) idea that Thomas is the best left back in the conference?This is a view often expressed (as though it were fact) by Town fans who dont actually have a genuine knowledge of all of the left backs playing in the Vanarama premier following a comprehensive and comparative, objective study. We can probably all agree that Bignot is a decent right back, but beyond that I'm not sure......
Posted by: Maringer, August 29, 2014, 10:54pm; Reply: 12
Personally, I think that Bignot is a perfectly capable full-back at this level. Not brilliant, but able enough. I think I'd probably prefer it if he was to start ahead of Nsiala at right-back as I think Toto's positioning is extremely dodgy in that position, to say the least. Alfreton didn't cause him any problems as his pace got him out of trouble when necessary, but from the Gateshead highlights, it looked like they got in behind us quite often down our right.

That said, I think Nsiala is OK at right-back at a push, but I'm not convinced he's going to be steady enough there when under pressure from a good winger.
Posted by: chaos33, August 29, 2014, 11:12pm; Reply: 13
Indeed
Posted by: immariner, August 29, 2014, 11:19pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from chaos33
He might have done that. We don't know.

As for him 'possibly being the best right back outside the football league' -  who thinks that? Where has that been suggested? Is this the same as the received (and flawed) idea that Thomas is the best left back in the conference?This is a view often expressed (as though it were fact) by Town fans who dont actually have a genuine knowledge of all of the left backs playing in the Vanarama premier following a comprehensive and comparative, objective study. We can probably all agree that Bignot is a decent right back, but beyond that I'm not sure......

This is based on reading other Conference supporters' views on the Football Forum when he played for Newport. He was seen as hot property at the time. Can we all agree that Bignot is a decent right back? I have only seen him on a few occasions and he looked competent on every occasion, at best.
Posted by: chaos33, August 29, 2014, 11:22pm; Reply: 15
Yeah, hence me choosing the word 'decent'.

Do you think he should be playing as first choice or not?
Posted by: immariner, August 29, 2014, 11:48pm; Reply: 16
I've not seen enough of him and I haven't seen anything of Walker or Magnay, to be in enough of an informed position to make that judgement. Hurst's playing background leads me to trust his judgement a fair bit. He doesn't rate him enough to start him regularly it would appear. I would love to know why, as I've said, considering how highly regarded he was before (earning him a move to Blackpool), why it hasn't worked out more successfully for him here thus far. He had the injury last year that kept him out for a bit but I thought with Hatton leaving, he would cement his place with a run of games this year. It's a bit of a shame because I thought when we signed him we would have a cracking player on our hands, not 'decent' back up. He's 28 now, should really be in his prime as a footballer but has made little over 30 appearances in 3 and a bit years.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), August 30, 2014, 1:01am; Reply: 17
Quoted from chaos33
We can probably all agree that Bignot is a decent right back, but beyond that I'm not sure......

I love it how you ask others all the questions but often seem to avoid giving your own view on them.

1) Is he a decent right back or not ?
2) Would you start him on Saturday or not ?
3) What's your starting team ?

Please come off that fence (if you can !)
Posted by: chaos33, August 30, 2014, 1:08am; Reply: 18
Are you blind? I have stated more than once in this thread that I consider him to be decent - a deliberately chosen word. I qualified that view by saying I thought he could be targeted by rivals as a potential weak link based on watching him in a pre-season friendly at Harrogate. Hurst doesn't think he should be first choice at the moment and neither do I. How much more f*cking explicit do you want me to be? No he wouldn't be in my team on Saturday, not that my view of what the team should be matters a jot.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), August 30, 2014, 1:21am; Reply: 19
Quoted from chaos33
I have stated more than once in this thread that I consider him to be decent

Actually you didn't.
You chose the word "decent" but said "we could probably agree...."
Hardly the same as speaking for others in a "probable" terms.
Are you deluded or thick ?

Quoted from chaos33
No he wouldn't be in my team on Saturday

Hallelujah ! Well done.

Still haven't answered 3) though...
Same starting team as Monday ?
Posted by: Abdul19, August 30, 2014, 1:23am; Reply: 20
Quoted from SamTheMariner
is Boyce's contract at Scunny up in May,

No
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), August 30, 2014, 1:31am; Reply: 21
And there we go....
Quoted from chaos33
FFS I wouldn't change the team on Saturday unless someone was injured or ill!

Thanks for answering, it's like getting blood out out of a stone.
Posted by: chaos33, August 30, 2014, 1:33am; Reply: 22
Quoted from 120797

Actually you didn't.
You chose the word "decent" but said "we could probably agree...."
Hardly the same as speaking for others in a "probable" terms.
Are you deluded or thick ?

Hallelujah ! Well done.

Still haven't answered 3) though...
Same starting team as Monday ?

It has been answered in the other thread. Watch your mouth. I hardly think I'm deluded or thick given that I can destroy you in every single thread. Always have, and always will.

Goodnight.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), August 30, 2014, 1:34am; Reply: 23
Yes, you'll see I've just copied it across from there.
Are you blind ?  :P
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:32am