Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Paris Mariner, August 29, 2014, 1:42pm
Long way away but flights are only 9.99€ so I'm in! Anybody been before? Any good pubs in vicinity of the ground? Do they have a club house a la Fleetwood and Eastbourne?
Posted by: psgmariner, August 29, 2014, 2:43pm; Reply: 1
I fancy this one. Not been before but Altringham is quite nice and well to do isn't it?
Posted by: Paris Mariner, August 29, 2014, 2:50pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from psgmariner
I fancy this one. Not been before but Altringham is quite nice and well to do isn't it?

Apparently so from what I've read online. I got that impression a bit from Macclesfield town centre last season as well. Obviously east Cheshire hot bed for affluent commuter towns to Mancunia.
Posted by: biggles9999, August 29, 2014, 2:57pm; Reply: 3
Went to Altrincham a few years ago when they had Greg Young (Danny Carlton's first game?). There was a couple of good pubs just up the round about 5 minutes walk away, but I dont remember them having a club house.
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 29, 2014, 3:45pm; Reply: 4
I got some chips from a chippy across the road from their ground last time. Alan Connell scored a wonder goal. They were Quite Good Chips.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 29, 2014, 4:12pm; Reply: 5
I also went to that chip shop and witnessed Alan Connell's wonder goal. But we let in a last minute equaliser. There was a pub down the road, think it was a bog standard big family type pub found in these posh towns.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 29, 2014, 5:16pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from psgmariner

I think you're getting mixed up with Altrincham PSG!  ;)
Posted by: livosnose, August 29, 2014, 5:57pm; Reply: 7
Great pubs , very trendy , nearly as good as Macclesfield , locals great ,fanny tastic and I even saw him with the black hair and stubble who nearly won the apprentice last year , last time I went there ....
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:13pm