Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BPMariner, August 28, 2014, 10:01pm
I find it really heartening when i read stuff like this. I don't think the club always gets the praise it deserves for some of the things that are done in the community.

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/town-trust-delighted-with-projects-achievements-1880271.aspx
Posted by: psgmariner, August 28, 2014, 10:07pm; Reply: 1
Agreed.
Well played to all those involved.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, August 28, 2014, 10:10pm; Reply: 2
Nice read. Thanks for posting. Any positive community work can only help in terms of the new stadium.
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, August 28, 2014, 11:54pm; Reply: 3
My daughter took part in this and for what she got out of it I cannot thank enough the club and everyone involved, it has given her allot of confidence around other people.
At the awards tonight  I have to give a big shout out to Shaun Pearson  who sat on the stage for over 4 hours helping give the certificates out.
I cant believe how much stuff he does around local schools and the NCS in his own time without any fuss or publicity,
A true GTFC legend in the making
Posted by: Garth, August 29, 2014, 10:38am; Reply: 4
My daughter took part in this and for what she got out of it I cannot thank enough the club and everyone involved, it has given her allot of confidence around other people.
At the awards tonight  I have to give a big shout out to Shaun Pearson  who sat on the stage for over 4 hours helping give the certificates out.
I cant believe how much stuff he does around local schools and the NCS in his own time without any fuss or publicity,

Well done Shaun. and all involved
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, August 29, 2014, 10:49am; Reply: 5
Be good if they could get the GET to do some sort of feature on the great community work the club and individual players are doing.
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 29, 2014, 11:39am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Be good if they could get the GET to do some sort of feature on the great community work the club and individual players are doing.

They're probably too busy tweeting about Strictly Come Dancing and publishing complete rubbish like this - http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Sheridan-Smith-tipped-stardom-Grimsby-Telegraph/story-22847692-detail/story.html
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, August 29, 2014, 11:52am; Reply: 7
Pulitzer Prize nailed on for that!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 29, 2014, 11:58am; Reply: 8
Quoted from BPMariner
I find it really heartening when i read stuff like this. I don't think the club always gets the praise it deserves for some of the things that are done in the community.

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/town-trust-delighted-with-projects-achievements-1880271.aspx

Totally agree with this, Really good read. Thanks for posting.
Posted by: acko338, August 29, 2014, 12:27pm; Reply: 9
As well as the published locations, they also did valuable & sterling work as stewards at the recent Cleethorpes Air Show - praise to Graham Rodger and his team - and a team led by Lee Stephens also did some really hard work at the Vanson Nurseries, the home of Green Futures, the local social enterprise group.

A large team helped to clear out wooded walkways and disability access, and left their mark with a beautifully woodland crafted archway, and hanging sign, with side hedges made in a traditional woodland weaving manner.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 29, 2014, 12:44pm; Reply: 10

Hard to argue with any of that....although I'm sure Shaun could!  ;)

Seriously though, not the first time he's been given such credit for his "extra-curricula activities".  Top man!  :)
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 11:46am