Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Kymariner12, August 28, 2014, 7:21pm
I was wondering if anyone had been before and if there are any recommended pubs to go to. Hoping to get there for the early kick off so any tips are greatly appreciated. Hoping for a good day!
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 28, 2014, 7:48pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Kymariner12
I was wondering if anyone had been before and if there are any recommended pubs to go to. Hoping to get there for the early kick off so any tips are greatly appreciated. Hoping for a good day!

Plenty of pubs in Aldershot Town Centre which is within walking distance of the ground BUT, one tip, allow another 20 minutes to get to the away end once you reach the ground.

Along the main road, up a bloody steep hill, through a park, down a load of steps and you're finally there. We got to the ground about 15 minutes before kick-off and only got in just as the teams were kicking off. Whether they are using the same entrances this year though I don't know.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 28, 2014, 7:53pm; Reply: 2
If you see a ball up a tree could you return it to a rotund gentleman in the West Midlands please? ;)
Posted by: codcheeky, August 28, 2014, 7:59pm; Reply: 3
As les says plenty of pubs  and not far to the ground but have to go through a park like Hubbards Hills to the away end so allow plenty of time to be in for kick off, especially after eight  pints
Posted by: Caesar, August 28, 2014, 8:36pm; Reply: 4
Yeah the park path is a pretty long trek but I thought I saw some pubs on the corner of the ground near where you enter last year, am I mistaken?
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 28, 2014, 9:34pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Caesar
Yeah the park path is a pretty long trek but I thought I saw some pubs on the corner of the ground near where you enter last year, am I mistaken?

Yeah, there is one on the corner at the top of the hill just across from the park but I don't think there's much else round there.
Posted by: Caesar, August 28, 2014, 9:38pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Les Brechin

Yeah, there is one on the corner at the top of the hill just across from the park but I don't think there's much else round there.

At least I wasn't imagining it, cheers Les
Posted by: moosey_club, August 28, 2014, 10:20pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Caesar

At least I wasn't imagining it, cheers Les

theres a couple up that end of the hill, one on the corner of the main road opposite the park IIRC and one a block behind that one, traditional corner pub, decent ale.

pause for Google check........

The Royal Staff..
Posted by: Green27, August 28, 2014, 10:26pm; Reply: 8
There's one up the road from the ground towards the town park. Walk past the ground if heading from the town centre and it's on the main road just there. There's a leisure complex with the usual Nandos Harvester and alike in the Town centre about a 20 minute walk from the ground. Free parking in the Morrisons there.
Posted by: forza ivano, August 28, 2014, 10:30pm; Reply: 9
If you want decent ale the white lion is a perennial favourite for aldershot away days.twenty minute walk from the ground but easy parking, friendly boozer and good ales
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 12:58am