Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sharot1999x, August 28, 2014, 7:19pm
Hi,
Firstly, big thank you to Rob for accepting me on this forum.
Secondly, Respect to all the Grimsby fans I met in The Schooner pre match last Saturday. Different class.
Wanted to wish you all the best for the rest of the season.
Kev
Posted by: psgmariner, August 28, 2014, 7:41pm; Reply: 1
Welcome.

What will your new WARCHEST be spent on. I backed your lot to win the title...
Posted by: Caesar, August 28, 2014, 8:44pm; Reply: 2
Indeed welcome.  Had massive respect for your fans for 2 reasons!

1) Most of you stayed to the bitter end of that match, respect indeed.  

2) To support a club like Gateshead when you are stuck between 2 massive clubs is deserving of even more.

In fact last season after the playoffs what embittered me most was Newcastle fans on the pitch taunting us when it wasn't even their club, they had no right!  You guys did to an extent (never really like taunting fans anyway beyond good bits of banter) but the Gateshead fans I met on that occasion (the ones wearing gateshead not Newcastle shirts) were as embarrassed by them as I was by our fans who kicked off.

Still you bounced back well and our still above us in the league atm.  hopefully not for long!
Posted by: sharot1999x, August 29, 2014, 11:34am; Reply: 3
Thanks for that.
GM has said that he wants to bring up to 4 players in by Monday, but no names yet. Don't suppose you would let us have Thomas and Disley?
Seeing Newcastle tops at Gateshead makes my p*** boil! because apart from anything else! it is usually them that causes any bother. They jumped on the bandwagon at the end of last season, and I thought it was an embarrassment to Newcastle and disrespectful to Gateshead to wear Newcastle tops at Wembley. We had earned that visit, not them.
You may have noticed I am not a big skunks fan. Brought up in Manchester watching MU, but saw the light in 2005 and started watching The Heed. Never missed all the overpaid prima donnas, and have made a lot of friends in the non league community.
Regards to all
Kev
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 29, 2014, 11:40am; Reply: 4
Neither Thomas or Disley are currently in our starting 11.  This is for different reasons. We have 11 players who are considered better!  :)  
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 29, 2014, 11:42am; Reply: 5
Quoted from sharot1999x
Thanks for that.
GM has said that he wants to bring up to 4 players in by Monday, but no names yet. Don't suppose you would let us have Thomas and Disley?
Seeing Newcastle tops at Gateshead makes my p*** boil! because apart from anything else! it is usually them that causes any bother. They jumped on the bandwagon at the end of last season, and I thought it was an embarrassment to Newcastle and disrespectful to Gateshead to wear Newcastle tops at Wembley. We had earned that visit, not them.
You may have noticed I am not a big skunks fan. Brought up in Manchester watching MU, but saw the light in 2005 and started watching The Heed. Never missed all the overpaid prima donnas, and have made a lot of friends in the non league community.
Regards to all
Kev

You can have Thomas on a month's loan if you want.  ;)
Posted by: sharot1999x, August 29, 2014, 11:43am; Reply: 6
There's the thing, we haven't.
By the way, like to wish Carl all the best at Grimsby. Am unable to find one Gateshead fan who wasn't surprised by his departure.
Kev
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 29, 2014, 12:02pm; Reply: 7
I thought Gateshead looked a good footballing side, They will be near the top by the end of the season imo (just behind us)  8)
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 29, 2014, 1:12pm; Reply: 8
I have to add a big well done to those Gateshead fans that stayed in their stand, even after most of the Town fans have left the visitors section, to applaud the Town players off the pitch and down the tunnel, nice to see the Town players also applaud the Gateshead fans.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, August 29, 2014, 2:19pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Neither Thomas or Disley are currently in our starting 11.  This is for different reasons. We have 11 players who are considered better!  :)  

I suspect Thomas would be in the starting XI if he wasn't injured!
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, August 29, 2014, 6:42pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from sharot1999x
There's the thing, we haven't.
By the way, like to wish Carl all the best at Grimsby. Am unable to find one Gateshead fan who wasn't surprised by his departure.
Kev

Magnay hasn't put a foot wrong in any game yet. I can't believe our luck that the Heed just let him go!
Posted by: A.l.f., August 30, 2014, 7:36am; Reply: 11
Yes welcome Sharot1999x - I went to Gateshead and wondered what your thoughts were on the game?  I thought it was a really entertaining match and the 6-1 score didn't really tell the whole story.  You had 2 great chances in the first half and our keeper made 2 good saves in the 2nd.  I said at half time we needed a 4th as I could still see you scoring 3.  Thankfully for us that came soon after the re-start.
It could easily have finished 10-7.  Did you think we were really good or frustrated by your errors and misses?  Did you feel that Grimsby out worked you?
Interested in hearing what you made of it from a Gateshead perspective.
Posted by: sharot1999x, August 30, 2014, 8:29am; Reply: 12
Thanks. I agree with your assessment of the match. It seems stupid to say that we weren't that bad when we have been beaten 6-1, but honestly, we have played worse than that and won games. Strangely, no composure in front of goal, and even stranger, too many errors at the back. Thought your last goal highlighted the big difference. There were two players at the back post who could have scored. When we did manage to get crosses in, there was nobody in the middle. Hopefully a one off. In any event, thought Grimsby were excellent and will certainly be up there when the prizes are given out. As for applauding Town off the pitch, that is something we have started doing, and I think it is brilliant when the away side comes off applauding our support as well as both Torquay and yourselves have done. Good luck today.
Kev
Posted by: sharot1999x, August 30, 2014, 8:42am; Reply: 13
Gateshead have signed Danny Wright from FGR - big target man who can play a bit - good addition IMO
Kev
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 12:36am