Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MrsMariner, August 27, 2014, 4:50pm
I see Gateshead have sold Maddison to Peterborough that will weaken them, just depends who Mills brings in with the money they get. Hopefully they wont get it all upfront or is it just us that enter into silly deals like that!
Posted by: psgmariner, August 27, 2014, 4:55pm; Reply: 1
Thought he was a male masturbator but a very good player.
Posted by: marinerjase, August 27, 2014, 4:59pm; Reply: 2
Great deal for them.. still the team to finish above imo, regardless of last Saturday
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 27, 2014, 5:31pm; Reply: 3
Not many clubs get all there money up front,

BUT

It works both ways, Gateshead can buy 2 or 3 players on the never never,

With a bit of luck they will buy some duds,

Connell is looking for a club. ;)
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 27, 2014, 6:11pm; Reply: 4
They may sign Connell ;)
Posted by: pizzzza, August 27, 2014, 6:23pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
They may sign Connell ;)

Can't see that happening.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 27, 2014, 6:34pm; Reply: 6
I think pretty much every transfer fee is paid in instalments.

The Peterborough business model is quality though, no doubt they'll flog Maddison for £3m in a year's time!
Posted by: marinerjase, August 27, 2014, 6:36pm; Reply: 7
In NLP at weekend their chairman stated half the fee paid initially, the rest made up in appearance bonuses etc
Posted by: Doubled, August 27, 2014, 6:36pm; Reply: 8
Might they come looking at some of our players? Could we lose some before the transfer window closes?
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 27, 2014, 8:30pm; Reply: 9
If so we need to put a big price on their head
Posted by: oldun, August 27, 2014, 9:11pm; Reply: 10
Why on earth would any of our players want to move to Gateshead?
Posted by: pizzzza, August 27, 2014, 9:38pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from oldun
Why on earth would any of our players want to move to Gateshead?

Ask Alex Rodman.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, August 27, 2014, 9:56pm; Reply: 12
Well pizzzza, Rodman had already left for Hibs and been replaced.  By the time Hibs had reneged on the deal, the budget for his wages had gone and he was left looking for a club, so not quite a case of "left us for Gateshead" but rather "they were the best of what was left".

As far as Gateshead go, they're better than that 6-1 would suggest and will be up there come the end of the season.  They have a good manager who plays good football, having been coached himself by one of the greatest British managers ever.  I don't really care much about what they do as we don't play them until the end of the season.  We can only take care of our own business and make sure we're in the mix for the championship.
Posted by: pizzzza, August 27, 2014, 10:00pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Well pizzzza, Rodman had already left for Hibs and been replaced.  By the time Hibs had reneged on the deal, the budget for his wages had gone and he was left looking for a club, so not quite a case of "left us for Gateshead" but rather "they were the best of what was left".

As far as Gateshead go, they're better than that 6-1 would suggest and will be up there come the end of the season.  They have a good manager who plays good football, having been coached himself by one of the greatest British managers ever.  I don't really care much about what they do as we don't play them until the end of the season.  We can only take care of our own business and make sure we're in the mix for the championship.

OK, it was only a joke pal, didn't need his life story.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, August 27, 2014, 10:02pm; Reply: 14
Sorry mate.  I had wondered!  You never know with some folks on here, who need things explaining a bit more!
Posted by: Poojah, August 27, 2014, 10:03pm; Reply: 15
They have a good manager who plays good football, having been coached himself by one of the greatest British managers ever.

Russell Slade?

Posted by: pizzzza, August 28, 2014, 6:43am; Reply: 16
Sorry mate.  I had wondered!  You never know with some folks on here, who need things explaining a bit more!

No worries, I should have used a smiley  :)
Posted by: StiggsGTFC, August 28, 2014, 7:52am; Reply: 17

This, if we end up above Gateshead it might well be as champions......

Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 5:06pm