Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sutton mariner, August 26, 2014, 8:56pm
Evening fellow cods

Don't suppose anyone has a link/can put one on YouTube of the nuneatoon highlights by any chance. In Slovakia for the next week and can't get MP to work on my phone!
UTM
Posted by: moosey_club, August 26, 2014, 9:06pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from sutton mariner
Evening fellow cods

Don't suppose anyone has a link/can put one on YouTube of the nuneatoon highlights by any chance. In Slovakia for the next week and can't get MP to work on my phone!
UTM

Nuneaton !!??
Whats up..cant you sleep?
Posted by: chaos33, August 26, 2014, 9:10pm; Reply: 2
:)

I don't think there were any.  ;)
Posted by: sutton mariner, August 26, 2014, 10:34pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from moosey_club

Nuneaton !!??
Whats up..cant you sleep?

It's that 4 month time difference they have over here ;)
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 26, 2014, 11:20pm; Reply: 4
It's ludicrous in this day and age that Mariners Player still runs using a shite outdated flash player which is incompatible with 99% of mobile devices. The company which runs the 'Player' service (these girl privates - http://www.performgroup.co.uk/Football) on behalf of many football clubs is an absolute disgrace - they've entrapped numerous clubs up and down the country in a lengthy contract and then neglected to provide anything remotely like a decent platform for content.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 26, 2014, 11:43pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Chrisblor
It's ludicrous in this day and age that Mariners Player still runs using a shite outdated flash player which is incompatible with 99% of mobile devices. The company which runs the 'Player' service (these girl privates - http://www.performgroup.co.uk/Football) on behalf of many football clubs is an absolute disgrace - they've entrapped numerous clubs up and down the country in a lengthy contract and then neglected to provide anything remotely like a decent platform for content.

There's an app called puffin, on iPhone (might be on android I don't know), and that plays stuff that requires adobe flash, hope that helps :)
Posted by: Mariner1972, August 27, 2014, 8:52am; Reply: 6
Did you need to pay for the flash player upgrade on Puffin?
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 27, 2014, 11:35am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Chrisblor

I was told by someone at another club that the contract runs up to 2017 so unless it improves it looks like we will be stuck with it.

Posted by: Chrisblor, August 27, 2014, 11:50am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
There's an app called puffin, on iPhone (might be on android I don't know), and that plays stuff that requires adobe flash, hope that helps :)

Yeah but it's only a workaround which we shouldn't have to rely on. The android equivalent of getting flash to work is very fiddly and doesn't allow you to watch the highlights full-screen. If Perform were actually bothered about their customers they would have implemented a HTML 5 player ages ago (like every other streaming video provider on the internet)

Quoted from arryarryarry
I was told by someone at another club that the contract runs up to 2017 so unless it improves it looks like we will be stuck with it.

You have to say, it's an excellent bit of underhand work on Perform's (previously PremiumTV) part. The stock website template they provide for clubs is also terrible - I barely ever visit the OS these days because of how poor the design is. Apparently clubs have to pay a hefty fee if they want to get out the contract so we'll just have to wait until it expires.
Posted by: Maringer, August 27, 2014, 12:49pm; Reply: 9
If you remember, the old PremiumTV site (though still terrible) wasn't as bad as the new one. It takes some real effort in this day and age to design such a hopelessly awful web site layout.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 27, 2014, 7:54pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Chrisblor

Yeah but it's only a workaround which we shouldn't have to rely on. The android equivalent of getting flash to work is very fiddly and doesn't allow you to watch the highlights full-screen. If Perform were actually bothered about their customers they would have implemented a HTML 5 player ages ago (like every other streaming video provider on the internet)

You have to say, it's an excellent bit of underhand work on Perform's (previously PremiumTV) part. The stock website template they provide for clubs is also terrible - I barely ever visit the OS these days because of how poor the design is. Apparently clubs have to pay a hefty fee if they want to get out the contract so we'll just have to wait until it expires.

I heard it was having to pay back 50% of the subscriptions that I very much doubt any club will do.

Comment from the Halifax forum about theirs :-

On youtube, it does show the difference in quality of playback between that and the player platform that is 10 years old and no sign of them upgrading it

I also agree about the OS I rarely go on it as it takes an age to load and is poorly laid out.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 27, 2014, 10:46pm; Reply: 11
Was this a contract negotiated by each club or was it another of the Football league's foul-ups like the ITV Digital contract?
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 28, 2014, 11:08am; Reply: 12
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Was this a contract negotiated by each club or was it another of the Football league's foul-ups like the ITV Digital contract?

Don't know the answer to that one. :B
Posted by: biggles9999, August 28, 2014, 11:17am; Reply: 13
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I am sure that ive read somebody before comment that it was a Football League decision. I can't imagine that every club in the Championship down would tie themselves into the same restrictive contract.
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 28, 2014, 11:38am; Reply: 14
It really frustrates me that we have to pay to watch highlights of conference football when other clubs at this level just upload better quality footage on YouTube. Football league clubs can also watch there goals on TV, no such luxury for non league fans. I really want to watch mondays goals again but begrudge paying to do so when I've already paid to watch them first hand. It really does annoy me but I'm sure this isn't gtfc's doing.

Maybe getyourfactsright could explain the clubs position on this as I believe it's a bone of contention for many fans.
Posted by: Part Time Mariner, August 28, 2014, 6:44pm; Reply: 15
The whole Mariners player is poor. I want to see player interviews there thoughts on the games and youth matches not just the standard BBC interview with Paul Hurst and then maybe some match highlights when they can be bothered to put them on. Its a poor format and poor handling but i still pay
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 11:35am