Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TAGG, August 25, 2014, 10:55pm
Thought those two today were fantastic, the best partnership I've seen up top for Town for a long time.
LJL great power and use of the ball, great finish for the first goal.
Pittman bit of a unsung hero today I think, his work rate off the ball was fantastic, he pulled there defenders all over the place and creating room for others.

Could these two be our ticket to promotion??????  
Posted by: jaymariner, August 25, 2014, 11:00pm; Reply: 1
I commented on Pittmans movement in the first half, he was full of energy and spent a lot of time down our left flank which dragged their defenders across and gave LJL and neilson so much room in the middle and on the right. Excellent movement and great partnership IMO
Posted by: GrimRob, August 25, 2014, 11:01pm; Reply: 2
If there were 22 teams like Alfreton in the division we'd walk the league but we'll have to see against a varierty of different sides (who will have had advance warning of our new weaponry) before we can be sure. We've had lots false dawns before. Saying we've cracked it after one or two games is as bad as demanding the manager be sacked after 3 drawn games.

Still promising times!
Posted by: gtfc82, August 25, 2014, 11:13pm; Reply: 3
Pitmann has such good control and can turn on a sixpence! Great cross for LJL's header and great calm finish for his goal! Another excellent performance today!
Posted by: acko338, August 26, 2014, 9:01am; Reply: 4
THE VASTLY IMPROVED SERVICE FROM MIDFIELD AT SPEED MUST BE A MAJOR FACTOR FOR THE ATTACKING FORCE SCORING GOALS !

BRAVE MOVE BY HURST AND PAYING DIVIDENDS SO FAR - THE CHALLENGE WILL BE AGAINST THE HIGHER RATED TEAMS !
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, August 26, 2014, 9:14am; Reply: 5
Quoted from acko338

BRAVE MOVE BY HURST AND PAYING DIVIDENDS SO FAR - THE CHALLENGE WILL BE AGAINST THE HIGHER RATED TEAMS !

Like Gateshead?  ;)
Posted by: Garth, August 26, 2014, 9:17am; Reply: 6
Quoted from acko338
THE VASTLY IMPROVED SERVICE FROM MIDFIELD AT SPEED MUST BE A MAJOR FACTOR FOR THE ATTACKING FORCE SCORING GOALS !

Sorry can`t hear you
Posted by: Garth, August 26, 2014, 9:19am; Reply: 7
Quoted from acko338
THE CHALLENGE WILL BE AGAINST THE HIGHER RATED TEAMS !

Like Gateshead?
Posted by: ginnywings, August 26, 2014, 9:29am; Reply: 8
Good combo but just as good if, not better, was the combo of Brown and Paddy in midfield, ably assisted by Clay.
Posted by: RonMariner, August 27, 2014, 11:45am; Reply: 9
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Like Gateshead?  ;)

Exactly! :)
Posted by: RonMariner, August 27, 2014, 11:48am; Reply: 10
The great thing is the support that the midfield are offering via Brown and Clay. With a fit Hannah and Arnold, and with Mackreath and Neilsen out wide, I think we will destroy several more teams like we did Gateshead.
Posted by: acko338, August 27, 2014, 11:56am; Reply: 11
Gateshead were due a tonking as revenge, even if not taken as such by Hurst - job done.

It would now be great if the team could believe and go out in the same vein and put huge pressure on opponents just like the last two games.

As Lincoln are higher up the league at present, are we rating them as one to be careful of, or do we just tonk them as usual ???
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 27, 2014, 12:10pm; Reply: 12
We can call them...........

THE HYPHENATORS

John-Paul & John-Lewis
Posted by: mariner91, August 27, 2014, 12:12pm; Reply: 13
If we can keep Pittman fit I think he'll be key this season.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, August 27, 2014, 12:14pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

THE HYPHENATORS

John-Paul & John-Lewis

I think someone on twitter called them The Shop & The Pope which may catch on. Or is the Pope just too tenuous to really take off?
Posted by: Bignic69, August 27, 2014, 12:31pm; Reply: 15
the pair of em played the line extremely well,i lost count of how many times they bent their runs to stay onside successfully  
Posted by: mike_d, August 27, 2014, 12:37pm; Reply: 16
Can they teach Hannah how to do that? With his more natural goal scoring ability coupled with their awareness of the line, he'd be the ideal third striker.
Posted by: RonMariner, August 27, 2014, 1:29pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

THE HYPHENATORS

John-Paul & John-Lewis

Maybe we could nickname the shop 'George-Ringo'........................
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 27, 2014, 1:31pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from mariner91
If we can keep Pittman fit I think he'll be key this season.

spot on, completely agree with that!
Posted by: acko338, August 27, 2014, 3:12pm; Reply: 19
Pittbull & Shop look to be happy with their partnership up front from footage shown over the weekend, genuinely pleased with each other's success.

L J-L still needs to be aware of Pittman's runs in the box though - blazed two over when Pittman was really in the better position to score - this is the next improvement - possibly a training thing to look at, but not complaining thus far with their contributions together up front!!

If it can get better, then the games will bring more spectators in, surely ??
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 28, 2014, 2:45am; Reply: 20
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I think someone on twitter called them The Shop & The Pope which may catch on. Or is the Pope just too tenuous to really take off?

Does "the Pope" excrement on Bradley Wood?

he did at Alfreton

Posted by: Rik e B, August 28, 2014, 10:25pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from GrimRob
Saying we've cracked it after one or two games is as bad as demanding the manager be sacked after 3 drawn games.

Ha ha quote of the week. Nail, head.

But yes it's great to feel the fresh breeze of positivity through BP.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 5:17pm