Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sigone, March 8, 2014, 2:46pm
Team Macca, bignot pearson doig thomas disley kerr thanoj rodman shop jennings
Posted by: Sigone, March 8, 2014, 2:49pm; Reply: 1
J.T thinks disley wide right.  I think either 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 like we finished last wk.
Posted by: grimsbyjack, March 8, 2014, 2:51pm; Reply: 2
Whose on the bench?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 8, 2014, 2:51pm; Reply: 3
Looks like 4-3-3 - bold but understandable given our injuries. Just hope this system works better than when we've previously experimented with it.
Posted by: mariner tommy, March 8, 2014, 2:55pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from grimsbyjack
Whose on the bench?

Cook, Hannah, Southwell, Paddy and Hatton

UTM
Posted by: grimsbyjack, March 8, 2014, 2:57pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from mariner tommy

UTM

Thanks Tommy.

Posted by: ackomariner, March 8, 2014, 2:57pm; Reply: 6
C'mon then town, three points please
Posted by: alvinghammariner, March 8, 2014, 2:58pm; Reply: 7
Come on you mariners!!
Posted by: Sigone, March 8, 2014, 2:58pm; Reply: 8
Finally were playing in Black/White
Posted by: grimsbyjack, March 8, 2014, 3:00pm; Reply: 9
Up the Marinnerrrrs !!!!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 8, 2014, 3:05pm; Reply: 10
Lets keep a run going Town. C,Mon the Mariners.
Posted by: grimsbyjack, March 8, 2014, 3:13pm; Reply: 11
Macclesfield are 5 pts behind us at present.
We really need to step up and go for 3 pts every game and not be happy with even a draw away from home.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 8, 2014, 3:22pm; Reply: 12
cmon LJL needs to have his good days on days like today
Posted by: GyMariner, March 8, 2014, 3:24pm; Reply: 13
Sounds like LJL and Jennings linking up well, however LJL not making the most of his chances. Followed by the 'pass of the season' from thanoj.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 8, 2014, 3:30pm; Reply: 14

UTM

Just picked up on Fyfield not being included in the squad...

Seems a bit odd to me given that Aswad is coming back in from injury and that in the last 15 minutes against Salisbury Fyfield played pretty well imho

I'd have had him in ahead of Southwell maybe  :-/
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 8, 2014, 3:36pm; Reply: 15
"lennel john lewis, fires in...I think it was a shot" haha
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 8, 2014, 3:38pm; Reply: 16
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss 1-0, was bound to happen that jennings scored, both me and my dad had zoned out a bit, weren't sure which side had scored haha
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 8, 2014, 3:38pm; Reply: 17
Nice one  CJ!  :)
Posted by: acko338, March 8, 2014, 3:38pm; Reply: 18
1-0 Jennings !!
Posted by: grimsbyjack, March 8, 2014, 3:39pm; Reply: 19
1-0 Jennings
Cummon Townnnnnn!!!!!
Whoooohooo!!!
Posted by: GyMariner, March 8, 2014, 3:40pm; Reply: 20
Please build on this town
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 8, 2014, 3:57pm; Reply: 21
Lets kick on and get the 3 points now, we need another win today.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 8, 2014, 4:15pm; Reply: 22
WHY DOES TONDUER SOUND TERRIFIED AND DISSAPOINTED I THOUGHT IT WAS OUR TEAM MAKING DEFENSIVE ERRORS
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 8, 2014, 4:19pm; Reply: 23
"oh no! its all gone wrong! town have a chance at goal!"

then later when macclesfield are on the attack "oooh great ball."
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 8, 2014, 4:29pm; Reply: 24
Bloody referees flipping girl privates
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 8, 2014, 4:39pm; Reply: 25
Sounds like Town are starting to drop back and are inviting them on to us

A bit risky given that Doig's gone off and Hatton is his replacement

We need to dig in here otherwise it'll be points dropped rather than gained if we're not careful
Posted by: mariner tommy, March 8, 2014, 4:49pm; Reply: 26
We're still not taking the opportunity to wrap the game up with that all important second goal.

UTM
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 8, 2014, 4:52pm; Reply: 27
Disley!!! captains don't do that
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 8, 2014, 4:52pm; Reply: 28
intercourse sake look what its lead to
Posted by: Fishfinger, March 8, 2014, 4:53pm; Reply: 29
FS
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 8, 2014, 4:53pm; Reply: 30
Oh no

Pen for them in last minute of stoppage time
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 8, 2014, 4:53pm; Reply: 31
What the f@@k!,
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 8, 2014, 4:53pm; Reply: 32
Bloody hell  :-/
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 8, 2014, 4:53pm; Reply: 33
1-1  :(

Thanks for that, spoiling my Saturday night Disley
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 8, 2014, 4:54pm; Reply: 34
Get a winger on loan and get flipping disley out the team, we wouldn't miss his goals because the team wouldn't be half as excrement
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, March 8, 2014, 4:54pm; Reply: 35
Ffs what a flipping waste of 2 points
Posted by: grimsbyjack, March 8, 2014, 4:55pm; Reply: 36
[quote=91691]We're still not taking the opportunity to wrap the game up with that all important second goal.

1-1
What a fook up.
We really need to kill games like this off earlier.
Will not comm on the penalty till ive seen it.

Posted by: Hagrid, March 8, 2014, 4:55pm; Reply: 37
flipping flipping fcking intercourse sake
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, March 8, 2014, 4:55pm; Reply: 38
Ffs what a flipping waste of 2 points
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 8, 2014, 4:55pm; Reply: 39
I suppose thats what you get if you don't take your chances, When will Town learn?
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 8, 2014, 4:55pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from grimsbyjack
[quote=91691]We're still not taking the opportunity to wrap the game up with that all important second goal.

1-1
What a fook up.
We really need to kill games like this off earlier.
Will not comm on the penalty till ive seen it.

Well its not about the penalty its about the stupid excrement pass from disley that lead to it
Posted by: ginnywings, March 8, 2014, 4:56pm; Reply: 41
Yet another draw snatched from the jaws of victory. We just cannot cannot finish teams off. flipping urine poor again, but all we'll hear is about it being a good away point.
Posted by: alvinghammariner, March 8, 2014, 4:56pm; Reply: 42
FFS
Posted by: mariner tommy, March 8, 2014, 4:58pm; Reply: 43
What an absolute F*** up.

thrown it away again.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 8, 2014, 4:58pm; Reply: 44
Disleys fault.

FFS
Posted by: Grimal, March 8, 2014, 4:58pm; Reply: 45
Get a winger on loan and get flipping disley out the team, we wouldn't miss his goals because the team wouldn't be half as excrement

Fully agree with this, been saying this for ages.Not what you would expect from your captain.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 8, 2014, 4:59pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Grimal

Fully agree with this, been saying this for ages.Not what you would expect from your captain.

he's just paul hursts favourite player in the world though thats the problem
Posted by: mariner tommy, March 8, 2014, 5:01pm; Reply: 47
And to make it worse we go down to ninth in the table.

We're making hard work of getting a play off place.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 8, 2014, 5:01pm; Reply: 48
Clearly dis's fault, but we should be finishing teams off. Simple as that
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 8, 2014, 5:02pm; Reply: 49
Who gave the penalty away?
Posted by: chaos33, March 8, 2014, 5:03pm; Reply: 50
Brilliantly f@cked up by Disley and Pearson. Well done lads.
Posted by: Grimal, March 8, 2014, 5:04pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Who gave the penalty away?

Pearson

Posted by: RoboCod, March 8, 2014, 5:07pm; Reply: 52
Blah blah should have got something at Barnet, blah blah should have won at Southport,  blah blah unlucky not to get 3 points at Mac.... top 5 placings drifting further away, you're going to blow this big time Town. A poor transfer window leaves us with square pegs and round holes tactics once again, unacceptable Mr Hurst.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 8, 2014, 5:07pm; Reply: 53
Thanks Grimal, It seems Disley was messing around with the ball which led to Macclesfield getting possession and leading to the goal, Why the hell can't we finish teams off?
Posted by: Badger57, March 8, 2014, 5:07pm; Reply: 54
Too many missed chances and you nearly always pay the price. Would have been the almost perfect day with Barnet losing at home and Lincoln snatching a draw at Alfreton. Now I'm just bloody miserable. Thanks Town! :-(
Posted by: Tom13, March 8, 2014, 5:08pm; Reply: 55
In fairness to Town, we did end the game with a quite patched-up team with Hatton at centre back and Disley at right wing.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 8, 2014, 5:08pm; Reply: 56
And to make it worse we go down to ninth in the table.

We're making hard work of getting a play off place.

We most certainly are.

Last ten games have accumulated 10 points. Not very convincing is it?

Posted by: ginnywings, March 8, 2014, 5:11pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Thanks Grimal, It seems Disley was messing around with the ball which led to Macclesfield getting possession and leading to the goal, Why the hell can't we finish teams off?

Because the strikers don't score enough.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 8, 2014, 5:13pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from ginnywings

Because the strikers don't score enough.

Agreed! we just seem to give the ball away cheaply too. :-/
Posted by: gaz57, March 8, 2014, 5:15pm; Reply: 59
If rotation is so important to rest players why are some never dropped?
Posted by: marinerdean, March 8, 2014, 5:15pm; Reply: 60
just read on facebook that Jennings got booked for diving even though the linesman flagged for a penalty. I don't know if this is true, just something i've read
Posted by: Tom13, March 8, 2014, 5:16pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from marinerdean
just read on facebook that Jennings got booked for diving even though the linesman flagged for a penalty. I don't know if this is true, just something i've read

It is, Tondeur mentioned it in the commentary.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 8, 2014, 5:16pm; Reply: 62
Must say i thought there keeper should have been off!!
Posted by: Grimal, March 8, 2014, 5:19pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Agreed! we just seem to give the ball away cheaply too. :-/

JT mentioned that Kerr had 4 missplaced passes on the trot,with Kerrs experence you would expect better than that,poor service again from midfield.

Posted by: marinette, March 8, 2014, 5:21pm; Reply: 64
Bit of a choker.  Just our luck.  (Probably nowt to do with luck, really, although I can't say as I wasn't there).
Posted by: mariner tommy, March 8, 2014, 5:22pm; Reply: 65
Kerr and Pearson falling out at the final whistle as well. Presumably trying to apportion blame.

Doesn't matter now another two points thrown away, how many more times can we afford to do that.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 8, 2014, 5:26pm; Reply: 66
Kerr and Pearson falling out at the final whistle as well. Presumably trying to apportion blame.

Doesn't matter now another two points thrown away, how many more times can we afford to do that.

By looking at the league table tonight, not many more times. :o
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 8, 2014, 5:27pm; Reply: 67
They say there always is a team that comes out the pack and makes the play offs,

Well we are 9th, it could be us this season.
Posted by: Caesar, March 8, 2014, 5:28pm; Reply: 68
I am getting really sick of having games in hand now.  I cannot get too down as with our games in hand we should still be in the playoffs, plus if we are a bit smarter and do what we should of done today (i.e. see it out) we would be 6th with 5 games in hand.  But at the same time I am finding it incredibly frustrating looking at us in 9th and seeing us fail to capitalise when teams around us only get points.  I hate the way we just seem to be drifting along constantly out of sync with the rest of the league.  
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 8, 2014, 5:28pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from marinette
Bit of a choker.  Just our luck.  (Probably nowt to do with luck, really, although I can't say as I wasn't there).

You sometimes just have to make your own luck Marinette

We had a great chance to just sit tight for the last minute and to see it out and we blew it!

We had the ball...we should have kept it or put it out of harm's way and not allowed Macc to get it in to the box to win the pen in the first place
Posted by: mariner tommy, March 8, 2014, 5:33pm; Reply: 70
Two must win home games in a week now, Hereford and Wrexham. Let's hope we don't mess these two games up otherwise the play offs will really be a difficult proposition.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, March 8, 2014, 5:37pm; Reply: 71
Weve got five games in hand overr 5th place with only 4 points behind am confiedent we will get in them.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 8, 2014, 5:39pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Weve got five games in hand overr 5th place with only 4 points behind am confiedent we will get in them.

Exactly. Whilst I'm pissed off at throwing 2 points away it's not the end of the world (yet!)
Posted by: tintowner, March 8, 2014, 5:44pm; Reply: 73
If we were losing 1-0 and had equalised in the 3rd minute of extra time, this forum would have had a very different feel tonight!
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, March 8, 2014, 5:44pm; Reply: 74
Back to drama and over-reaction then I see. Very disappointing to give away 2 points late on but would've been reasonably pleased with a point before kick off. I'd have thought some would be delighted having identified it as a 100% certain defeat. Anyway, 4 points from our last 2 games should've steadied the ship after a poor run. People seem desperate to lay the blame all at Disley's feet but he didn't concede the penalty. Pearson has been outstanding all season but he does push his luck at times, wrapping arms round attackers etc.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, March 8, 2014, 5:45pm; Reply: 75
Just look in the goals 'for' section - that's why we are 9th
We cannot finish a team off - getting sick of it now
There are a number of teams who seem to be hanging in there which is making life difficult for us
We could pay a big price for not being clinical
Posted by: mariner tommy, March 8, 2014, 5:47pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Back to drama and over-reaction then I see. Very disappointing to give away 2 points late on but would've been reasonably pleased with a point before kick off. I'd have thought some would be delighted having identified it as a 100% certain defeat. Anyway, 4 points from our last 2 games should've steadied the ship after a poor run. People seem desperate to lay the blame all at Disley's feet but he didn't concede the penalty. Pearson has been outstanding all season but he does push his luck at times, wrapping arms round attackers etc.

Yeh, a good perspective but six points from the next two games please !!

UTM
Posted by: Tom13, March 8, 2014, 5:47pm; Reply: 77
Paul Hurst sounds like he could be in for a fine listening to his interview!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 8, 2014, 5:47pm; Reply: 78
Hurst not happy with the ref.... justifiably so seeing as though their player said he fouled Jennings and should have been a pen for us and not a booking for simulation :(
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 8, 2014, 5:48pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Just look in the goals 'for' section - that's why we are 9th
We cannot finish a team off - getting sick of it now
There are a number of teams who seem to be hanging in there which is making life difficult for us
We could pay a big price for not being clinical

Luton have scored goals for fun this season,

BUT

They could not score against us or at Salisbury today,

We might win 4-0 and 5-0 this coming week. ;D
Posted by: Hagrid, March 8, 2014, 5:49pm; Reply: 80
Hurst sounds furious, seems like we have been very hard done by by excrement refs AGAIN
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, March 8, 2014, 5:54pm; Reply: 81
Hurst is fuming and he has every right to be - the ref has admitted he didn't give penalty cos he didnlt like the way Jennings fell; so, if he's not sure, he doesn;t consult the linesman who HAS given it and had a clear view and then he books Jennings for diving!!
Having said all that - great performance apparently but 9 shots and 1 on target... ermmmmm!
Posted by: MrsMariner, March 8, 2014, 5:55pm; Reply: 82

You've got to feel for Hurst we just don't seem to get any luck, sounds like  if the officials had been half decent we would have had 3 points and everyone would have been singing Hursts praises. Kerr sounds just as hacked off explains the arguments at the end.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 8, 2014, 5:55pm; Reply: 83
Also Lewis brought down by the last man but no sending off,
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 8, 2014, 5:56pm; Reply: 84
Seems like it was Aswad up to his old tricks....Scott Kerr said he gave away the pen for pulling on their player and not Shaun

Seems a right comedy of errors because it was Shaun who got the booking and Aswad got away scott free...well not quite because Kerr had a go at him at the end!  ;)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 8, 2014, 5:58pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from grimsby pete
Also Lewis brought down by the last man but no sending off,

I think on the balance of things with some of the ref's decisions, Lenny was lucky not to be sent off in that incident Pete!  ::)
Posted by: Teestogreen, March 8, 2014, 6:31pm; Reply: 86
I think you have to ask the question - 'Why was Fyfield not on the bench, if he is available? It is admitted that Doig is carrying some sort of problem.

To have 3 strikers on the bench away from home, with the above defensive fragility, doesn't make sense, in my view. Felt we were in trouble when Doig went off.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 8, 2014, 6:38pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Teestogreen
I think you have to ask the question - 'Why was Fyfield not on the bench, if he is available? It is admitted that Doig is carrying some sort of problem.

To have 3 strikers on the bench away from home, with the above defensive fragility, doesn't make sense, in my view. Felt we were in trouble when Doig went off.

Fyfield turned his ankle in training yesterday and was unavailable. Another on the ever growing injury list.
Posted by: Teestogreen, March 8, 2014, 6:49pm; Reply: 88
Thanks Ginnywings - didn't pick up on that - it does show how under strength we are defensively - another loan signing in the central defender area must be a priority
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, March 8, 2014, 7:37pm; Reply: 89
Just drunk me of reading this thread, did there player really admit to tripping jennings up, if so id be rightly peed of like hurst I just dont understand why the ref didnt just consulte the lino like any normal ametuar ref would do if the lino flagged for a pen. To make things worse he gave them a pissing peno after the other lino flagged for one, so why not us.  It riffles me the ref apparently said our player went down to easy....even if he did he was still tripped the lino gave it god going round in circles the ref has cost us 2 points simple as. We should of finished then of and thats what we definitely need to improve next season.
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), March 8, 2014, 8:57pm; Reply: 90
Just drunk me of reading this thread, did there player really admit to tripping jennings up, if so id be rightly peed of like hurst I just dont understand why the ref didnt just consulte the lino like any normal ametuar ref would do if the lino flagged for a pen. To make things worse he gave them a pissing peno after the other lino flagged for one, so why not us.  It riffles me the ref apparently said our player went down to easy....even if he did he was still tripped the lino gave it god going round in circles the ref has cost us 2 points simple as. We should of finished then of and thats what we definitely need to improve next season.

Also their player went down after being pulled on the arm.  You don't really go down if you get pulled. You just get pulled back. You can't run if you get your legs taken away. So if anything, the going down after a tackle on the legs is always gonna be more legit than a pull on the arm when the ball is flying out of play in the last minute when you are losing!!!
Posted by: ackomariner, March 8, 2014, 9:00pm; Reply: 91

Need to improve for the rest of this season, never mind next
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 11:44am