Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Whats_Up_Doc, March 12, 2013, 9:59pm
On loan: 14 games 9 goals.
Since signing: 7 games 0 goals.

What the hell's happened?  :-/
Posted by: chaos33, March 12, 2013, 10:01pm; Reply: 1
How many of those 7 has he started? How many has Brodie scored? LJL? Its a team game.
Posted by: cod.gtfc, March 12, 2013, 10:01pm; Reply: 2
he signed a contract ;)
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), March 12, 2013, 10:03pm; Reply: 3
He's at least having chances just no luck at min
Posted by: bobbyturtle, March 12, 2013, 10:05pm; Reply: 4
will score on saturday  ;)
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 12, 2013, 10:05pm; Reply: 5
I'd also say marshall and devitts form has gone downhill in the last two months, when I watch hannah play he's not really being given any of the opportunities that he was when he was on loan, its not like he's missing loads, he was missing more opportunities when he was scoring more because they was plenty of opportunities. Cook, brodie and LJL havn't been scoring much if any recently either. Not exclusively blaming the wingers but our style of play just isn't as good (excluding tonight possibly sounded better). Just don't get the ball to our strikers feet in or on the edge of the box enough at all anymore.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 12, 2013, 10:07pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Whats_Up_Doc

Another Neil Woods.      ;D
Posted by: Quagmire, March 12, 2013, 10:09pm; Reply: 7
Neilson?
Posted by: aaron rattray, March 12, 2013, 10:19pm; Reply: 8
He badly needs a goal, hit over the bar from like 3 yards tonight
Posted by: brad_gtfc, March 12, 2013, 11:22pm; Reply: 9
Just not happening at all, missed from 3 yards tonight, but saying that it more hit him didn't have chance to control it.
I feel sorry for the lad, as I think do the managers who put an arm round him when he came off. Not for a lack of trying just isn't happening at all.
He just needs one for his knee, bottom, elbow anything.
Posted by: marinerian, March 13, 2013, 8:27am; Reply: 10
He has had 2 keepers make 4 outstanding saves in the last two games.

The goal will come imo
Posted by: Alfie, March 13, 2013, 8:48am; Reply: 11
I'm not knocking Ross, he's just been unlucky but I didn't see their keeper make one outstanding save last night. Let alone two...
Posted by: highcliff mariner, March 13, 2013, 8:52am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Alfie
I'm not knocking Ross, he's just been unlucky but I didn't see their keeper make one outstanding save last night. Let alone two...

JT on humberside said ,the keeper hasnt had much to do""  about 30 seconds b4 they announced him MOM :)

UTM
Posted by: Super Clive, March 13, 2013, 8:59am; Reply: 13
They was all at him. Ross will get another 8 goals this season.....FACT
Posted by: gymadman, March 13, 2013, 9:28am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Alfie

Where were you standing, the save low to his right off a header from Hattons free kick in the second half was outstanding and the save from Hannah first half very very good, small thinks change big games, there is plenty still to play for
Posted by: meggietown, March 13, 2013, 9:56am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Quagmire
Neilson?

Totally agree I've been saying that for a while think Scot set about four or 5 of Ross's goals up
Posted by: brad_gtfc, March 13, 2013, 1:58pm; Reply: 16
That save from Millers header was amazing, the ball was destined for the bottom corner.
Posted by: Munster, March 13, 2013, 2:28pm; Reply: 17
You start to worry with a forward when they are not getting in to the position to get chances . But has been stated Ross is still getting into these positions so the goals will come once he gets one then more will follow
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 13, 2013, 2:36pm; Reply: 18
Ross needs a run of games, if he's dropped again Saturday it'll just dent his confidence yet again and we'll be right back where we started. He's come so close in the last two games, you just know it's coming. If he wasn't being denied by excellent saves i'd be worried, but he's doing everything possible and we all know the goals are there.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, March 13, 2013, 2:36pm; Reply: 19
I thought he played well last night especially first half. Very busy and made a real nuisance of himself. Just needs one to go in off his bottom or a nice deflection and he'll be up and running again. Do hope they give him and Cook a little run together now.
Posted by: aaron rattray, March 13, 2013, 2:52pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from brad_gtfc
That save from Millers header was amazing, the ball was destined for the bottom corner.

Thought it was naylor
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 13, 2013, 2:58pm; Reply: 21
He just needs a goal, there is no doubting his ability, what a time to start hitting the onion bag on Saturday.
Posted by: davmariner, March 13, 2013, 3:49pm; Reply: 22
We were saying exactly this last season during Liam Hearn's goal drought. We can sense the goals are coming from Ross, it's only a matter of time!
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, March 13, 2013, 5:39pm; Reply: 23
If Hannah gets one he'll get a hatful...him and Cook almost trying too hard at the moment.
A bit more composure and it'll happen
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 14, 2013, 12:00am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Do hope they give him and Cook a little run together now.

Does 1 game count ?
I know what you mean, I'd be tempted to do it on Saturday.

On the other hand Mansfield was a tough game and don't think we can leave Brodie or LJL out forever.
Tuesday game away to Nuneaton !

Perhaps S&H need to look who's jaded while realising 3 points is quite important.

Then there's the big dilemma of who plays when regards Wembley & Gateshead (& Hearn)
My pads out already but only the managers know how the players are feeling.

I don't think they should take too many chances but would Brodie for Hannah be a huge risk anyway ?
I appreciate peoples concerns but with Brodie and LJL, we've GOT to use them at some point.
I'm slightly concerned about Cook being knackered and whether LJL is gonna deliver if he starts Tuesday (if not before).

Would be nice if we could get off to a good start, be 3 up and make a few subs after an hour !
But not a walkover game by any means so I won't be greedy - 1-0 will do !
Posted by: oldun, March 14, 2013, 8:34am; Reply: 25
If a striker is getting into the right places but not just finding the net, then the best plan is to keep playing him as sooner or later they will start going in.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 14, 2013, 9:01am; Reply: 26
IMO, he is trying to hard to impress.

when he was on loan, he had no pressure on him, and was relaxed on the pitch, and getting into his natural positions.

since rejoining on a permanent, he seems to be trying to hard and getting into place which he wouldnt normally get in, it sounds like at mansfield he started to relax again, and get into the positions that are good for him.

IMO, keep playing him, and he will come good again !
Posted by: cocky, March 14, 2013, 10:05am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Whats_Up_Doc

He came from Bradford.  All our strikers that move from Bradford after being on loan do it.

Neil Woods - On loan Something like 5 goals in 4 games, after the permanent move no goals until January!
Barry Conlon - On loan loads of goals, after the permanent move no effort (but actually still a fair amount of goals!)

Hope he turns out like the former.

Posted by: springstomind, March 14, 2013, 10:21am; Reply: 28
All this trying too hard is rubbish lol, I went to both Mansfield and Kiddy games and he has looked most likely to score and has been more than composed, just cracking saves on about 4 separate occasions have kept him out. Even 1 on 1 against Mansfield he took his time and blasted on target into a corner and unfortunately the keeper read it.. I'd be worried if he wasn't trying hard enough. The goals will come again without a doubt.
Posted by: springstomind, March 14, 2013, 10:23am; Reply: 29
And personally I'd just like to see Town shoot more, there was far too much of Devitt (as well as he played) trying to put it in a plate and trying to make shooting opportunities better ones by dribbling a bit closer.. CHADWICK had a pop and look how that turned out. Roll on Saturday :D
Posted by: aaron rattray, March 14, 2013, 10:38am; Reply: 30
In my opinion he is currently performing better than he was doing whilst on loan because hes getting involved in play more, his goal is coming no doubt about that, when he has got one i think he will make up for lost time, providing his goal comes before or at wembley i predict he will score 10 more this season
Posted by: Ipswin, March 14, 2013, 12:52pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from aaron rattray
In my opinion he is currently performing better than he was doing whilst on loan because hes getting involved in play more, his goal is coming no doubt about that, when he has got one i think he will make up for lost time, providing his goal comes before or at wembley i predict he will score 10 more this season

10 more goals from Hannah this season? How much of your pocket money and paper round income would you like to put on that?

Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 14, 2013, 12:58pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from aaron rattray

do you know how many games are left this season ?
Posted by: Abdul19, March 14, 2013, 1:09pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

do you know how many games are left this season ?

Potentially 15. Not impossible.
Posted by: aaron rattray, March 14, 2013, 2:17pm; Reply: 34
Exactly abdul

Im sure he would be making up for lost time
Posted by: Biccys, March 14, 2013, 2:24pm; Reply: 35
Indeed he shall....
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 2:28pm