Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: marinerdean, February 12, 2013, 11:41am
He was being interviewed by Sky Sports News, and they asked him if he's ever been racially abused, he said 'when I was playing for Aston Villa, I was abused away at Grimsby, by a kid who was about 6 or 7 years old'
Posted by: grimps, February 12, 2013, 11:44am; Reply: 1
I remember Les Ferdinand saying the same.
He was asked about his time playing in Turkey and wether he had had racist abuse,he said he always used to get worse at Grimsby.
Posted by: marinerdean, February 12, 2013, 11:45am; Reply: 2
Its disgraceful, no wonder people don't like coming here
Posted by: grimps, February 12, 2013, 11:49am; Reply: 3
No its not !
They are talking about games from 20 years ago.
I expect plenty of other clubs had the same problems back then
Posted by: wigworld, February 12, 2013, 12:12pm; Reply: 4
It's a bit worrying that they seem to specifically mention Grimsby. Hopefully that's all behind us now.
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, February 12, 2013, 12:32pm; Reply: 5
I think we are used a lot in terms of describing somewhere unattractive, unfancied and horrible, I think its in the name  :) I seem to recall numerous managers or players saying "we don't want to be going to Grimsby on a Novembers night next season" , its if we are the very end of the universe to where no one wants to be.  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2013, 12:38pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimps
No its not !
They are talking about games from 20 years ago.
I expect plenty of other clubs had the same problems back then

I heard some refer to LJL with the N word on Saturday as if it was everyday talk. It still goes on and Grimsby isn't the most forward thinking of places.
Posted by: excusebeef, February 12, 2013, 12:38pm; Reply: 7
Given the fact that when I was in secondary school I only knew one black kid in the whole school speaks volumes. Similiarly when I reached 18/19 and started drinking I don't recall many other skin tones out and about. It wasn't until I moved away from the town you realise we were in the minority really. No wonder the town is as backwards as it is in places (although slowly improving). It's the lack of exposure to other cultures and ethnicities from a young age and growing up with people from different backgrounds that changes people's perceptions and you build tolerance/understanding. I hate to say it but moving away opened my eyes to a lot of good things.
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, February 12, 2013, 12:53pm; Reply: 8
I recall the 80's when Sunderland came and fans were singing the disgusting 'N' word at Gary Bennett throughout the game in unison. I was a teenager and its stuck with me ever since. I have been to football all over the country and that is the single worst incident of racism that I have heard. On saying that the times were different and although clubs like ours have moved on somewhat after watching Sky Sports News the small  minority of Millwall supporters clearly have not.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, February 12, 2013, 12:54pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from excusebeef
Given the fact that when I was in secondary school I only knew one black kid in the whole school speaks volumes. Similiarly when I reached 18/19 and started drinking I don't recall many other skin tones out and about. It wasn't until I moved away from the town you realise we were in the minority really. No wonder the town is as backwards as it is in places (although slowly improving). It's the lack of exposure to other cultures and ethnicities from a young age and growing up with people from different backgrounds that changes people's perceptions and you build tolerance/understanding. I hate to say it but moving away opened my eyes to a lot of good things.

Agreed. My thoughts exactly

UTM

Posted by: Ipswin, February 12, 2013, 12:58pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
its if we are the very end of the universe to where no one wants to be.  ;D

We are FFS, Grimsby is a shithole and you can't drive any further without falling off

Posted by: biggles9999, February 12, 2013, 1:05pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Ipswin

We are FFS, Grimsby is a shithole and you can't drive any further without falling off

Except for Cleethorpes,

and Spurn Point.
Posted by: gtfc98, February 12, 2013, 1:10pm; Reply: 12
our recent history also suggests that there is a racism problem within the minority. I give you the lovely Karen Leonard and her cronies
Posted by: carrot top, February 12, 2013, 1:14pm; Reply: 13
I'm moving back to cleethorpes after 22 yrs away and can't wait. If anyone thinks that everyone lives in harmony everywhere there are seriously mistaken. I am in West Yorkshire at the moment and racial tension is bad in many areas. Gy and meggies are not on their own regarding racial issues. I'm not condoning it just making an observation before anyone calls me a racial bigot
Posted by: Sconeboy, February 12, 2013, 1:20pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from gtfc98
our recent history also suggests that there is a racism problem within the minority. I give you the lovely Karen Leonard and her cronies

Totally agree, you'll always get the small amount of idiots.
Posted by: Kris2, February 12, 2013, 1:20pm; Reply: 15
It's always the same in any small town in England. You get the small town mentality of a place that is 99% white and it's  a recipe for a racist culture to grow. It's no surprise there are quite a few supporters of the BNP and they regularly canvas in the area.

Grimsby really is the bottom end of nowhere as much as some would chest beat about how great Grimsby is and how local hero Danny North is blazing a trail across European football. Anyone who doesn't live in the area for the most part hates it.

The only way for most to change racist culture is to move away to a city or abroad. (Holidays to Spain do not work my parents are still very much racist XD)
Posted by: Sconeboy, February 12, 2013, 1:27pm; Reply: 16
Although I've watched town for 15+ years, I very rarely actually venture into Grimsby for any other reason than Town games, so I can't really form any solid or educated opinion. I assume its like most places, it has its rough areas like everywhere else, though I have to admit the reports you get aren't great! Some of the Apes that linger about in the Pontoon and turn up donning their ebay Stone Island jackets don't exactly shine a ray of sunshine on the Town! Not to mention our wonderful peice about racism on Look North this summer!
Posted by: carrot top, February 12, 2013, 1:35pm; Reply: 17
[quote=864]It's always the same in any small town in England. You get the small town mentality of a place that is 99% white and it's  a recipe for a racist culture to grow. It's no surprise there are quite a few supporters of the BNP and they regularly canvas in the area.

Grimsby really is the bottom end of nowhere as much as some would chest beat about how great Grimsby is and how local hero Danny North is blazing a trail across European football. Anyone who doesn't live in the area for the most part hates it.

The only way for most to change racist culture is to move away to a city or abroad. (Holidays to Spain do not work my   Parents are still very much racist XD)[j/quote]

Sorry fella but I disagree. It's not just a small town thing. In Leeds there are bnp edf etc. it is a countrywide social problem. Racism also works both ways. Blacks and Asians are not the only victims, whites are too but this doesn't get reported. Why vilify Grimsby in this way. It is not the bottom end of nowhere as you so eloquently put it. There are many nice areas and plenty of good people in it.
Posted by: DubaiMariner, February 12, 2013, 1:40pm; Reply: 18
We do have plenty of backward people in this town though. Bless em
Posted by: nightrider, February 12, 2013, 2:00pm; Reply: 19
Was about to say the same thing CT. Britain is very ethnically/culturally diverse. I dont believe small towns here are any different to anywhere else in the world. In fact, theyre probably less racist! As for Grimsby being more racist than anywhere else, what a load of crap!
Reg Hunter the comedian often uses the N word and nobody vilifies him.
I live in a all white middle class village in the midlands. Racism is as prominent here as it is in Grimsby. Cities like Liverpool, Bristol Bradford, Leicester have had alot more problems with racism than Grimsby in the past 30years.
Posted by: carrot top, February 12, 2013, 2:19pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from DubaiMariner
We do have plenty of backward people in this town though. Bless em

Doesn't every town and city though DM
Posted by: grimps, February 12, 2013, 2:22pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from ginnywings

I heard some refer to LJL with the N word on Saturday as if it was everyday talk. It still goes on and Grimsby isn't the most forward thinking of places.

Well I can remember in the 80s even up to the mid 90s nearly all the ground joining in on certain chants .If you had walked through the pontoon back then you wouldnt even have been suprised by hearing the N**** word.
The difference is that now you might hear it by one individual and be shocked ,surely thats progress
Posted by: jimgtfc, February 12, 2013, 2:22pm; Reply: 22
At first glance I thought this was a thread saying we'd signed Ugo Ehiogu  :o
Posted by: TAGG, February 12, 2013, 2:35pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from nightrider
Was about to say the same thing CT. Britain is very ethnically/culturally diverse. I dont believe small towns here are any different to anywhere else in the world. In fact, theyre probably less racist! As for Grimsby being more racist than anywhere else, what a load of crap!
Reg Hunter the comedian often uses the N word and nobody vilifies him.
I live in a all white middle class village in the midlands. Racism is as prominent here as it is in Grimsby. Cities like Liverpool, Bristol Bradford, Leicester have had alot more problems with racism than Grimsby in the past 30years.

Spot on nightride
All the people slagging GY for being racist and a excrement hole just fook off and live in Blackburn, Oldham, Luton or any other so called 'multicultural' towns/city they will find huge racism from every ethnic group.  
Why people slag of GY on here is beyond me, we have our problems but so does every town/city in the UK. There are a lot worse places to live I'm sure.
I work in S E Asia and can assure people that the UK has nothing on the racism in country's in that neck of the woods.  
Posted by: carrot top, February 12, 2013, 2:40pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from TAGG

Spot on nightride
All the people slagging GY for being racist and a excrement hole just fook off and live in Blackburn, Oldham, Luton or any other so called 'multicultural' towns/city they will find huge racism from every ethnic group.  
Why people slag of GY on here is beyond me, we have our problems but so does every town/city in the UK. There are a lot worse places to live I'm sure.
I work in S E Asia and can assure people that the UK has nothing on the racism in country's in that neck of the woods.  

Yep. Getting sick and tired of GY being slagged.. I live near Batley and Dewsbury, GY knockers ought to try out these Towns and realise what it really like to live in a dump which is rife with racism

Posted by: GtfcGarner, February 12, 2013, 3:22pm; Reply: 25
Only the narrow minded..
Posted by: ackomariner, February 12, 2013, 3:56pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from carrot top

Yep. Getting sick and tired of GY being slagged.. I live near Batley and Dewsbury, GY knockers ought to try out these Towns and realise what it really like to live in a dump which is rife with racism

thats the trouble with some people calling the town, they have never lived away from the place. I worked away in ilford east london for a year in 99, and what a shite hole that place is and couldnt wait to get back home to grimsby. The grass isnt always greener  8)
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, February 12, 2013, 3:57pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle
I recall the 80's when Sunderland came and fans were singing the disgusting 'N' word at Gary Bennett throughout the game in unison. I was a teenager and its stuck with me ever since. I have been to football all over the country and that is the single worst incident of racism that I have heard. On saying that the times were different and although clubs like ours have moved on somewhat after watching Sky Sports News the small  minority of Millwall supporters clearly have not.

I was at this game and the most memorable chant, which was sung widely by a depressing amount in the ground was, "Get the black person off the pitch" (to the tune of "You're not fit to wipe my bottom" etc) when he was on the ground receiving treatment. It was the single worst thing I've seen in any ground anywhere. Awful.

My wife stopped coming to games with me because the racism was so bad at some games. Last game she came to was Arsenal away in the League Cup when (a minority) were constantly making monkey noises. I had to intervene it was so embarrassing.

I don't think anyone is having a go at Grimsby itself here, but it is culturally backward compared with some areas of the country (though by no means all). I lived in Harlesden for nearly 20 years, which is mainly Afro-Caribbean, I lived in New york for three, which is obviously very racially mixed and even the town I now live in is racially mixed and I've rarely encountered the hostility and aggression I've seen in Grimsby on the some occasions.

Posted by: Grim up north, February 12, 2013, 4:39pm; Reply: 28
I remember this well, the chanting was deafening but the place today is not a shadow of that despite still having problems like many large towns and cities in this country,although compared to other major European countries we are light years ahead.
I live in a decent area of Cleethorpes and have a couple of ex Town players who have since moved on but are still good friends , they both played at a good level at several big clubs and I remember telling them when we first met that they would be surprised how many footballers come here and enjoy it so much they stay in the area, it's not half as bad as some make out-they loved it here. I've worked all over this country and not many match it for having a decent clean beach on your doorstep , with affordable good standard housing,education and eateries.what lets it down is a backward thinking council not keen for development and change .

I was at this game and the most memorable chant, which was sung widely by a depressing amount in the ground was, "Get the black person off the pitch" (to the tune of "You're not fit to wipe my bottom" etc) when he was on the ground receiving treatment. It was the single worst thing I've seen in any ground anywhere. Awful.

My wife stopped coming to games with me because the racism was so bad at some games. Last game she came to was Arsenal away in the League Cup when (a minority) were constantly making monkey noises. I had to intervene it was so embarrassing.

I don't think anyone is having a go at Grimsby itself here, but it is culturally backward compared with some areas of the country (though by no means all). I lived in Harlesden for nearly 20 years, which is mainly Afro-Caribbean, I lived in New york for three, which is obviously very racially mixed and even the town I now live in is racially mixed and I've rarely encountered the hostility and aggression I've seen in Grimsby on the some occasions.

[/quote]

Posted by: Sconeboy, February 12, 2013, 4:41pm; Reply: 29
I'm sure I remember Emile Heskey getting a fair bit of stick when we won at Anfield, I was only a young lad but that's one the things I can remember from that night!
Posted by: Super Clive, February 12, 2013, 4:55pm; Reply: 30
We should be banning them for life (the racists not the minorities)

Kaz should of been made an example of...
Posted by: grimps, February 12, 2013, 4:57pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Sconeboy
I'm sure I remember Emile Heskey getting a fair bit of stick when we won at Anfield, I was only a young lad but that's one the things I can remember from that night!

That was probably for being excrement not the colour of his skin
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, February 12, 2013, 5:54pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from biggles9999

Except for Cleethorpes,

and Spurn Point.

You'll get a bit wet if you drive on there from GY and Clps!
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, February 12, 2013, 5:58pm; Reply: 33
I've lived away for donkeys years (mostly in and around London) and I wouldn't say Grimsby folk are any more or less racist than anywhere else. Maybe a little less PC in their speech due to living in an environment not so exposed to other races.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 12, 2013, 6:45pm; Reply: 34
I live in a beautifull part of suffolk ,if I go up the road to Ipswich there are a good percentage of coloured people living there from many different countries,

I have never heard of many racist problems in the town or at their football games,

When I come home to Grimsby there are very few coloured people about,

That is the problem imo, if you do not live with / beside different ethnic groups , some might find it hard to except them,

We are all the same under the skin, we just want to live our lives in peace and get on with everybody, well most do,

Having said all that, I have never witnessed any racist problems at a town game, apart from the odd idiot who you will find anywhere.
Posted by: shotandcursed, February 12, 2013, 7:03pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from grimsby pete
I live in a beautifull part of suffolk ,if I go up the road to Ipswich there are a good percentage of coloured people living there from many different countries,

I have never heard of many racist problems in the town or at their football games,

When I come home to Grimsby there are very few coloured people about,

That is the problem imo, if you do not live with / beside different ethnic groups , some might find it hard to except them,

We are all the same under the skin, we just want to live our lives in peace and get on with everybody, well most do,

Having said all that, I have never witnessed any racist problems at a town game, apart from the odd idiot who you will find anywhere.

No we're not.  Many black people have greater muscle density, higher bone strength and are susceptible to sickle cell blood disorders where as white people are not, many people from SE Asia don't have an enzyme to break down alcohol and hence get drunk very easily. . But I get your point!
Posted by: Meza, February 12, 2013, 7:11pm; Reply: 36
it could worse you could be living in St Annes in nottingham regarding gun crime and racial gangs.  I use to work for NTL and we wasn't allowed on that estate.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 12, 2013, 8:17pm; Reply: 37
Ehiogu was the subject of one of the  most creative footy chants of recent years by Villa fans to Beckham.

"Posh Spice is a slapper ,  she is a flipping dog, and when she's shagging Beckham she dreams of Ehiogu."

In other news, theory way to tackle racism is never ever to tolerate it. Be brave and stand up to  the male masturbators that perpetrate  it.  I do and will continue to do so.

*irony of the misogynistic chant reference not lost on poster.
Posted by: grimps, February 12, 2013, 8:34pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Ehiogu was the subject of one of the  most creative footy chants of recent years by Villa fans to Beckham.

"Posh Spice is a slapper ,  she is a flipping dog, and when she's shagging Beckham she dreams of Ehiogu."

In other news, theory way to tackle racism is never ever to tolerate it. Be brave and stand up to  the male masturbators that perpetrate  it.  I do and will continue to do so.

*irony of the misogynistic chant reference not lost on poster.

Leeds used to sing it first mate.
Posh spice is a slapper ,she fucki. hates Man U and when she's shagging Beckham she thinks of Harry kewell
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), February 12, 2013, 8:58pm; Reply: 39
"no wonder the town is backwards" " lack of exposure to other cultures and ethnicties"  I totally resent these remarks as well as being bollox  they are offensive to me, does this clown think we are that stupid he will have us believe these mixed race multicultural society's are problem free and they all live in harmony?  how dare he look down his big intercourse off nose and patronise me and my town  with his "moving away has opened my eyes" sickly excrement.

Well for your information excusehorse you are not the only person to leave town and experience these wonderful (you would have us believe) ethnic,cultured places because as previous posters have pointed out these places are not everything people like blair and straw would have us believe, I work with a lad from Burnley he was born and raised there but he decided to move his family to the Grimsby (backwards) area 5 years ago for a better life because in his words Burnley is now ruined the whites are in a minority as  its over run with asians who expect you to fit in or intercourse off, child sex grooming is rife and he feared for his daughters staying there.

I have stayed and worked in many diverse places and I have to say I cannot wait to get back to town and I'm going to say it there is nothing wrong with having a town dominant with white and no I'm no edl,national front, or bnp member, and I like the odd curry but like the majority of Grimbarians I know right from wrong and would treat and speak to anybody of any origin no different. Some of these posters like excusebeef take delight in trying to make us ashamed of our heritage, history and skin colour well I'm proud of all three, just like a black man/Chinese man would be, but these betrayers would like nothing better than to see our town flooded with various multicultural communities.

For those who's eyes have not yet been opened here is just a few things for a start that you wouldn't normally expect to see in good old non multicultural Grimsby -
child sex grooming, sharia law, muslim no go areas enforced by muslim vigilantes, big ugly mosques blotting the landscape, excrement asian music every time you get in a taxi, gun/knife crime,drug ghettos, rape attacks, ethnic gang fights, racial tension, wonderful.
Posted by: grimps, February 12, 2013, 9:03pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from 2578
"no wonder the town is backwards" " lack of exposure to other cultures and ethnicties"  I totally resent these remarks as well as being bollox  they are offensive to me, does this clown think we are that stupid he will have us believe these mixed race multicultural society's are problem free and they all live in harmony?  how dare he look down his big intercourse off nose and patronise me and my town  with his "moving away has opened my eyes" sickly excrement.

Well for your information excusehorse you are not the only person to leave town and experience these wonderful (you would have us believe) ethnic,cultured places because as previous posters have pointed out these places are not everything people like blair and straw would have us believe, I work with a lad from Burnley he was born and raised there but he decided to move his family to the Grimsby (backwards) area 5 years ago for a better life because in his words Burnley is now ruined the whites are in a minority as  its over run with asians who expect you to fit in or intercourse off, child sex grooming is rife and he feared for his daughters staying there.

I have stayed and worked in many diverse places and I have to say I cannot wait to get back to town and I'm going to say it there is nothing wrong with having a town dominant with white and no I'm no edl,national front, or bnp member, and I like the odd curry but like the majority of Grimbarians I know right from wrong and would treat and speak to anybody of any origin no different. Some of these posters like excusebeef take delight in trying to make us ashamed of our heritage, history and skin colour well I'm proud of all three, just like a black man/Chinese man would be, but these betrayers would like nothing better than to see our town flooded with various multicultural communities.

For those who's eyes have not yet been opened here is just a few things for a start that you wouldn't normally expect to see in good old non multicultural Grimsby -
child sex grooming, sharia law, muslim no go areas enforced by muslim vigilantes, big ugly mosques blotting the landscape, excrement asian music every time you get in a taxi, gun/knife crime,drug ghettos, rape attacks, ethnic gang fights, racial tension, wonderful.

Well said !
It gets on my nerves when people move away and then do nothing but slag the Town off ,Ive lived and worked all over the place and can never wait to get back home.
The types of people who leave and slag Grimsby off are usually the same types that never really fit in with anybody when they lived here
Posted by: gtfc98, February 12, 2013, 9:04pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from 2578

Ah, didn't think it would take long. Are you a friend of Kaz?
Posted by: paddymariners, February 12, 2013, 9:05pm; Reply: 42
I remember being at a Town game at Peterborough about 2008/09. My wife, sister in law and I were in a bar talking to a couple who were Peterborough supporters. Suddenly this drunk up couple from Grimsby came up to us and, seeing my Town shirt started giving it large as if they knew me. The next thing, the bloke says "what Bookley needs is some fooking great n**ger up front".
I could have died with embarrassment. The bloke from Peterborough just said "friends of yours are they?"Wife and sister in law were horrified!

When we got to the ground I saw the couple of Grimsby fans again. They were being refused entry to the ground because the stewards had found a bottle of vodka in the girls handbag.

After that and being caught up with a load of chavs fighting in the car park after the game, needless to say, the girls have never come to a Town game since, preferring to watch Norwich City in a civilised environment.
Posted by: shotandcursed, February 12, 2013, 9:06pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from grimps

Well said !
It gets on my nerves when people move away and then do nothing but slag the Town off ,Ive lived and worked all over the place and can never wait to get back home.
The types of people who leave and slag Grimsby off are usually the same types that never really fit in with anybody when they lived here

Your "don't fit in" comment speaks volumes!
Posted by: grimps, February 12, 2013, 9:08pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from shotandcursed

Your "don't fit in" comment speaks volumes!

How long you been moved away then ?
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 12, 2013, 9:57pm; Reply: 45
There are some parochial numpties on here, who clearly don't get out and about too much.

The town I live in has a very large number of Eastern Europeans and just listening to work colleagues go on about bloody foreigners, there is also one guy who if you are taking to him in the local superstore and some walk by he really goes off on one.

It isn't just a "Grimsby" thing it goes on all over.

Just wait until January 1st 2014 when the Romanians and Albanians get here. :P
Posted by: TAGG, February 12, 2013, 10:20pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from gtfc98

Ah, didn't think it would take long. Are you a friend of Kaz?

Take your head out of your bottom and have a look around you FFS
Posted by: shotandcursed, February 12, 2013, 10:43pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from maidenmariner
Shotandcursed and grim74 - what a pair of sad atheists!  8)

I have no idea what you are on about and I dont think I'm alone!
Posted by: mariner91, February 12, 2013, 11:11pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from shotandcursed

No we're not.  Many black people have greater muscle density, higher bone strength and are susceptible to sickle cell blood disorders where as white people are not, many people from SE Asia don't have an enzyme to break down alcohol and hence get drunk very easily. . But I get your point!

There is only one sickle cell blood disorder (book2)
Posted by: shotandcursed, February 12, 2013, 11:24pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from mariner91

There is only one sickle cell blood disorder (book2)

Stand corrected  :)
Posted by: GodHelpUs, February 13, 2013, 12:32am; Reply: 50
Quoted from 2578

No you sick PAEDOPHILE illegitimate I will gut you like a fish.

What an unpleasant little bigot you are.
Posted by: marinerian, February 13, 2013, 12:44am; Reply: 51
Quoted from Kris2
It's always the same in any small town in England. You get the small town mentality of a place that is 99% white and it's  a recipe for a racist culture to grow. It's no surprise there are quite a few supporters of the BNP and they regularly canvas in the area.

The only way for most to change racist culture is to move away to a city or abroad. (Holidays to Spain do not work my parents are still very much racist XD)

There are plenty of other Towns across the world that suffer with racial issues.

Holland made sure immagrants were spread out and large communities were not developed (history teacher explained this to me many years ago) France, Belgium, USA,Italy, Former Yugoslavian nations, Greece are just some nations that spring to mind.

As one poster mentioned look at the tensions in West Yorks, then you have tensions in areas of the West Midlands, East Midlands and Greater London during the past 3 decades.

Head up to Glasgow and you have religious tensions between two sections of Christian followers that despise each other due to territory issues.

I am sure people will label me but I genuinely have friends who are black, Asian, White and even Yorkies  ??)........ ;D

The point is, with so many groups of people, you will always have areas that have tensions. Those areas with few minorities are going to be more slow in moving forward.

In general though, the UK is a relatively excepting land compared to other parts of the world

Posted by: davmariner, February 13, 2013, 12:51am; Reply: 52
Quoted from marinerian

There are plenty of other Towns across the world that suffer with racial issues.

Holland made sure immagrants were spread out and large communities were not developed (history teacher explained this to me many years ago) France, Belgium, USA,Italy, Former Yugoslavian nations, Greece are just some nations that spring to mind.

As one poster mentioned look at the tensions in West Yorks, then you have tensions in areas of the West Midlands, East Midlands and Greater London during the past 3 decades.

Head up to Glasgow and you have religious tensions between two sections of Christian followers that despise each other due to territory issues.

I am sure people will label me but I genuinely have friends who are black, Asian, White and even Yorkies  ??)........ ;D

The point is, with so many groups of people, you will always have areas that have tensions. Those areas with few minorities are going to be more slow in moving forward.

In general though, the UK is a relatively excepting land compared to other parts of the world

You disgust me.
Posted by: marinerian, February 13, 2013, 12:59am; Reply: 53
Quoted from davmariner

You disgust me.

I am disgusted in myself fella  :-/
Posted by: davmariner, February 13, 2013, 1:04am; Reply: 54
Quoted from marinerian

I am disgusted in myself fella  :-/

;D
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, February 13, 2013, 9:19am; Reply: 55
I think anyone who wanted to place Grimsby people into a sterotype would be proved correct by some of the digusting, moronic comments on this post. What could be a reasonable debate into racism in football has been turned by the minority into a vile slanging match.
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), February 13, 2013, 9:49am; Reply: 56
Quoted from GodHelpUs

What an unpleasant little bigot you are.

Why do you bother coming on to this forum and getting yourself all upset? The forum represents a wide selection of individuals with very different beliefs and opinions which makes this the great forum it is, all the garbage mammary for tat trash talk arises from people like yourself who cannot accept another's  point of view and has to resort to childish insults.

So have a word with yourself before coming on here to engeage in an open debate and I suggest you take those blinkers off, If you still find yourself getting all hot headed and maybe a bit of a tremble on at the mere thought somebody actually having a different view to you then you should quit the site for good and spend your spare time reading the guardian or something else with left wing propaganda.  
Posted by: excusebeef, February 13, 2013, 10:48am; Reply: 57
Quoted from 2578

At no point mate was my post centred around harmony and a problem free society, anyone would be naive to believe that such a thing could exist. My point was about education, and the town is backwards to most in its exposure to other backgrounds. I have not once slated where I am from in the slightest.

As I said the lack of exposure to cultures meant I had narrow minded views. I, like 99% of people in Grimsby are not racist (I may be wrong but you seem to be in the 1%? With you anti muslim spiel)

For the record I am not "ashamed of my heritage", nor do I want to see my town "flooded" as you delightfully put words into my mouth. Moving away opened my eyes and I gained life experience, that's all. Actually, I love my town, I am probably more proud to be from Grimsby than most people who reside here. In fact I am looking to move back within the next few years.

I love the way people that don't even know you, your own circumstance or situation can come up with such a hated response without any previous knowledge.

That said I can see your frustration in people that move away from home to then slate it. That was not my intention in my post (apologies if it came accross that way). Unfortunately Gy is a town that see's so many people leave, why I don't know.

Posted by: GodHelpUs, February 13, 2013, 11:13am; Reply: 58
Quoted from 2578

Why do you bother coming on to this forum and getting yourself all upset? The forum represents a wide selection of individuals with very different beliefs and opinions which makes this the great forum it is, all the garbage mammary for tat trash talk arises from people like yourself who cannot accept another's  point of view and has to resort to childish insults.

So have a word with yourself before coming on here to engeage in an open debate and I suggest you take those blinkers off, If you still find yourself getting all hot headed and maybe a bit of a tremble on at the mere thought somebody actually having a different view to you then you should quit the site for good and spend your spare time reading the guardian or something else with left wing propaganda.  

I was responding to the following quote"

"No you sick PAEDOPHILE illegitimate I will gut you like a fish."

Hardly debate and hardly an exchange of opinions.  You, quite frankly, steal the oxygen of decent people including those with right wing views.  
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), February 13, 2013, 11:42am; Reply: 59
Quoted from GodHelpUs

I was responding to the following quote"

"No you sick PAEDOPHILE illegitimate I will gut you like a fish."

Hardly debate and hardly an exchange of opinions.  You, quite frankly, steal the oxygen of decent people including those with right wing views.  

FFS it was a tongue in cheek comment to shortandcurly don't take everything on here to be at face value. I don't know he's a Definetley a paedophile! :-/
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 1:26pm