Quoted from ivanosandwich
CDAJATL

CDAJA(Lutons)L
Posted by: 4134 (Guest), February 11, 2013, 12:54pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from meggitt47
The pope resigned and singned for :X luton till the end of the season

Obviously he has no AMBITION EH?
Posted by: cleefish, February 11, 2013, 1:25pm; Reply: 5
:) :) :) :) good he was never as good as Pope John Pawel (the lovely polish pope) utmm
Posted by: GrimRob, February 11, 2013, 1:43pm; Reply: 6
And he only got the vote of confidence last week from the man upstairs :)

Will we have a caretaker pope?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 11, 2013, 2:23pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from GrimRob
And he only got the vote of confidence last week from the man upstairs :)

Will we have a caretaker pope?

Yes, they are after RAFFA BENITEZ to the end of Papal Season. LOL
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 11, 2013, 3:36pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Yes, they are after RAFFA BENITEZ to the end of Papal Season. LOL

he will also be head of the Holy Roman Abramovich Empire
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), February 11, 2013, 5:02pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from cleefish
:) :) :) :) good he was never as good as Pope John Pawel (the lovely polish pope) utmm

All very bad men nothing but a bunch of perverted kiddie fiddlers that preach primitive bollox hideing behind some made up bullshit called god.
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, February 11, 2013, 5:37pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 2578

All very bad men nothing but a bunch of perverted kiddie fiddlers that preach primitive bollox hideing behind some made up bullshit called god.

Ah, so as well as Jesus being a Town fan we have the Archbishop of Canterbury!
Posted by: shotandcursed, February 11, 2013, 5:59pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from 2578

As an atheist, I think you are an offensive tw@t!
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), February 11, 2013, 6:06pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from shotandcursed

As an atheist, I think you are an offensive tw@t!

I don't give a intercourse what you think bottom wipe,  the catholic religion is as backward as they come I don't respect these nutters and i will say what the duck I want.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 11, 2013, 7:15pm; Reply: 13
There is a prediction that goes back a very long way that after this pope,

The next pope will be John Paul II,

Now you might say, hang on a minute , he's dead,

Thats right,

He is suppossed to come back from the dead and run the world until satan takes over,

So be afraid very afraid. ;D ;D
Posted by: GrimRob, February 11, 2013, 8:37pm; Reply: 14
Tony Blair is 5000/1

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics-and-election/next-pope/winner
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), February 11, 2013, 8:49pm; Reply: 15
Surprised pat condell not in the running!
Posted by: aldi_01, February 11, 2013, 8:59pm; Reply: 16
I suspect, being the cynic that I am, that something big will come out in the near future that wil either damage the already damaged, outdated, kiddy fiddling church or question the popes integrity and make his position untenable.

Don't forget this nazi loving pope was the lead person investigating child sex offences committed within the Catholic Church...
Posted by: 97 (Guest), February 11, 2013, 9:00pm; Reply: 17
Wasn't PJPII a very good goalkeeper in his time? Pretty sure I saw somewhere that he'd played some league stuff in Poland in the late 40s.
Posted by: 97 (Guest), February 11, 2013, 9:03pm; Reply: 18
I meant late 30's. Obviously pre-1939. And a check of wikipedia suggests he played at University level, not professionally.
Posted by: Rick12, February 12, 2013, 11:29am; Reply: 19
Quoted from 2578

All very bad men  preach primitive bollox hideing behind some made up bullshit called god.
was sceptical of religion until I heard something from a martial artist.Religion is just meant to realign oneself with something better. Although I will never be religious myself I still feel some parts of religion(ones are that genuine) are good eg the salvation army who help the homeless and the needy(Christian values in action) to those who preach in prisons and help individuals turn their life around through the power of God
Posted by: GYinScuntland, February 12, 2013, 8:23pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from meggitt47
The pope resigned and singned for :X luton till the end of the season

Hope he gets some decent crosses in. He likes crosses. No matter what shape they are.
Posted by: Simariner, February 12, 2013, 8:37pm; Reply: 21
What are the odds for Tim Mickleburgh ?
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), February 12, 2013, 9:13pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Rick12
was sceptical of religion until I heard something from a martial artist.Religion is just meant to realign oneself with something better. Although I will never be religious myself I still feel some parts of religion(ones are that genuine) are good eg the salvation army who help the homeless and the needy(Christian values in action) to those who preach in prisons and help individuals turn their life around through the power of God

Surely we can teach good moral values without the need for religion and it's books full of fairy tales?
Posted by: kingofthekippers, February 12, 2013, 10:28pm; Reply: 23
Watching the BBC News this evening the correspondent said that the pope's resignation was creating a huge debate amongst those visiting the Vatican. Although there were many catholics there it was not a mass debate as that is stricly a no-no for catholics.
Posted by: kingofthekippers, February 12, 2013, 10:30pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Simariner
What are the odds for Tim Mickleburgh ?

Working for a living or being the pope?
Posted by: GYinScuntland, February 12, 2013, 11:10pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from kingofthekippers
Watching the BBC News this evening the correspondent said that the pope's resignation was creating a huge debate amongst those visiting the Vatican. Although there were many catholics there it was not a mass debate as that is stricly a no-no for catholics.

So did they abort the debate?
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 13, 2013, 9:38am; Reply: 26
If they gave the job to someone who does not have one foot in the grave when they appoint them,

They might last a little longer in the job.
Posted by: Rick12, February 13, 2013, 10:17am; Reply: 27
Quoted from 2578

Surely we can teach good moral values without the need for religion and it's books full of fairy tales?
their is some factual basis to it though.From reading and listening to others (again not from any religious denomination either) Jesus actually existed though the Romans came and interpreted his message of good for their own gains of power and control.Similarly some parts of the bible are quite legit eg the 4 gospels (Jesus disciples) Matthew Mark Luke and John though again  when the Romans came on the scene they bumped up the book to make it look bigger and better to the general populous adding more books to it(again for their own means of controlling the masses).

Posted by: grimsby pete, February 13, 2013, 6:06pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Rick12
their is some factual basis to it though.From reading and listening to others (again not from any religious denomination either) Jesus actually existed though the Romans came and interpreted his message of good for their own gains of power and control.Similarly some parts of the bible are quite legit eg the 4 gospels (Jesus disciples) Matthew Mark Luke and John though again  when the Romans came on the scene they bumped up the book to make it look bigger and better to the general populous adding more books to it(again for their own means of controlling the masses).

Yes Jesus did wander the desert 2,000 years ago,

BUT

Nobody followed him around with note book and pen,

Everything written down was done years later,

AND

Changed many times either in translation or to make it sound better,

So still more of a fairy tail than the truth.
Posted by: Rick12, February 13, 2013, 7:40pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from grimsby pete

Yes Jesus did wander the desert 2,000 years ago,

BUT

Nobody followed him around with note book and pen,

Everything written down was done years later,

AND

Changed many times either in translation or to make it sound better,

So still more of a fairy tail than the truth.
agree Pete although there are some sound messages in them gospels that have changed the lives of many for the better (even now).Seen documentary's and music videos of people in the USA gangsters etc that have turned to faith and there lives are completely different now for the better  

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 14, 2013, 1:57pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from kingofthekippers

Think you might be pulling our plonkers   ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 14, 2013, 4:14pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Rick12
agree Pete although there are some sound messages in them gospels that have changed the lives of many for the better (even now).Seen documentary's and music videos of people in the USA gangsters etc that have turned to faith and there lives are completely different now for the better  

Agree with your points Rick, I am not anti religeon and believe it tells us a good way to live our lives,

I just do not believe in a superior being or creator,
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 14, 2013, 4:21pm; Reply: 32
[youtube]gPOfurmrjxo[/youtube]
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 14, 2013, 4:42pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Marinerz93

That was very good 93, I have seen it before but still good the second time round.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 14, 2013, 5:33pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from grimsby pete

Agree with your points Rick, I am not anti religeon and believe it tells us a good way to live our lives,

Religion and royalty really don't interest me in the slightest...all over the news this week and such a turn off imho

And don't get me started about England fans singing God Save The Queen throughout the game  :(

Posted by: the ace face, February 14, 2013, 5:41pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from 2578

very true.
Posted by: the ace face, February 14, 2013, 5:44pm; Reply: 36
:)
Quoted from grimsby pete

religion.......................just another fairy story to keep us,the great unwashed masses in our place,fearfull and gratefull to the ruling elite wether it be the churh or the tories or the monarchy....................its high time we had a revolution  a la russian/ french styleee
Posted by: Rick12, February 14, 2013, 7:00pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from grimsby pete

fair enough Pete  :)  but I have a open mind.Ive witnessed stuff that science cant explain in my life hence Iam either black or white (and why I have some belief in something greater than us funnily enough books Ive read allude to this as well eg amongst others Michael Caine believes in God for precisely the same reasons I do eg he experienced things that have happened to him which makes him believe in something else )though I can understand  it why there are atheists out there as I would be the same if I hadn't experienced the stuff I did when I was younger.
Posted by: Rick12, February 14, 2013, 7:04pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Marinerz93

check this out if you get the chance  Marinerz.Not necessarily religious but slams some of the arguments of Stephen Hawking and his theory's and is well worth a watch if you get the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thM3SHCXP0o
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 3:21am