Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jimgtfc, February 7, 2013, 11:45am
Any player from this day forth shall not wear this shirt number, or be forever cursed along with the following names...

9. Danny North
9. Martin Butler
9. Adam Proudlock
9. Charles Ademeno
9. Damien Spencer
9. Anthony Elding

Seriously Michael Reddy (apart from maybe Elding last season) was the last number 9 to have any success, even that didn't end well. Its a curse!
Posted by: Sconeboy, February 7, 2013, 12:01pm; Reply: 1
Your not wrong there!
Posted by: RoboCod, February 7, 2013, 12:19pm; Reply: 2
No 9 is so yesteryear...No 10 all the way !
Posted by: andygtfc247, February 7, 2013, 12:27pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from jimgtfc
Any player from this day forth shall not wear this shirt number, or be forever cursed along with the following names...

9. Danny North
9. Martin Butler
9. Adam Proudlock
9. Charles Ademeno
9. Damien Spencer
9. Anthony Elding

Seriously Michael Reddy (apart from maybe Elding last season) was the last number 9 to have any success, even that didn't end well. Its a curse!

It was a shame Reddy was so injury prone. I'll never forget the home game against Lincoln (it was fcuking Baltic - New Years Day I think) when he ran them ragged and we ended up smashing them 4 - 0 or 4 - 1.

Could of gone on to great things!
Posted by: Henryscat, February 7, 2013, 12:31pm; Reply: 4
Wasn't Elding number 35 last season?? so still counts
Posted by: jimgtfc, February 7, 2013, 12:34pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Henryscat
Wasn't Elding number 35 last season?? so still counts

He was 39 last season so your right I forgot about that, the curse strikes again!
Posted by: Abdul19, February 7, 2013, 1:14pm; Reply: 6
I think Mike Jeffrey might've been 9 between 00-02 too. Lee Ashcroft was 9 the year before and scored a lot of penalties.

Boulding was 9 in 03-04 and was decent, but after being sold his shirt was taken by Paul Warhurst!
Posted by: siy2k5, February 7, 2013, 8:31pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Abdul19
I think Mike Jeffrey might've been 9 between 00-02 too. Lee Ashcroft was 9 the year before and scored a lot of penalties.

Boulding was 9 in 03-04 and was decent, but after being sold his shirt was taken by Paul Warhurst!

*shudders*
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, February 7, 2013, 8:44pm; Reply: 8
Scary excrement.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 7, 2013, 9:58pm; Reply: 9
That Reddy goal mentioned is the one against Torquay I believe when he runs a full half of the pitch, cuts in and slots past the keeper.

The number 9 shirt may be cursed or may be those players just weren't good enough. North is a time example. Could never fault his effort but he was first choice in a 'league' side yet he wouldn't be in the first 4 choices up top for our current side, shows how bad we got in my opinion. Elding could've been great this year if Hearn was fit but clearly he's using that excuse and he clearly unsettles the side so rightly so he doesn't fit into the plans.

As for Ademeno and spencer...just excrement.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 7, 2013, 10:00pm; Reply: 10
Bit harsh on Ademeno I think Aldi. He had something about him (despite not being able to shoot straight) but was made of glass!
Posted by: aldi_01, February 7, 2013, 10:03pm; Reply: 11
The games he played he was bobbins. Ok he scored twice but he only just scored them and a footballer made of glass is just a pointless waste of time.
Posted by: Meza, February 8, 2013, 7:51am; Reply: 12
But what about those that were shite ?
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 10:48pm