Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: porkies, December 19, 2012, 9:31am
It strikes me that if we win promotion this season it may well be that Scott and Hurst will be in demand elsewhere [from clubs which fancy joint-managers] so JF will have to provide them with a very competitive League 2 budget to hold onto them. Should we fail to get promoted there may also be a parting of the ways; either because the budget next season won't match this one or because JF may run out of patience with them [or both!]. Either way I reckon it's odds against them being at BP this time next year!
Posted by: cod.gtfc, December 19, 2012, 9:39am; Reply: 1
If we get promoted and they leave then good luck to them and thanks for promotion. Job done.

JF won't be sacking them if they fail to get promotion, unless we suddenly lose every game between now and the end of the season.

Finally if they fail to get promotion and they leave to join a league club then again good luck to them, they will have earnt it.

pointless thread
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 19, 2012, 9:43am; Reply: 2
As cod said, a bit like Lincoln over Christmas.........pointless
Posted by: Abdul19, December 19, 2012, 9:55am; Reply: 3
It would make a nice change to have a manager (or 2) poached off us! Was 1994 the last time this happened?

No doubt JF will be up in arms about it, forgetting how they were appointed in the first place!
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 19, 2012, 10:49am; Reply: 4
There are only 3 or 4 clubs bigger than Town in the bottom two leagues and I can't see any of those poaching managers who haven't proved themselves at league 1 level.

IF we go up S & H could get us promoted again and I can see only 3-4 players required to be added to the squad which won't break JF's piggy bank, also we will get funding from the league.  S & H could be with us for some time to come and breathe back the success that we last saw under AB.  A new ground is vital to that dream.
Posted by: cleefish, December 19, 2012, 10:53am; Reply: 5
;D ;D ;D ;D no myself  I think  that both S& H  also Mr Fenty are very honorable people and if unlucky they will stick with Th club.utmm.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 19, 2012, 11:04am; Reply: 6
The times I have come on here to defend S + H when things were not going so well,

Now  threads saying we are going to lose them, because they are so good !!!!!!!!!

They will be here next season imo, whatever happens,

The only reason they would want to leave is,

Rotherham sack Evans and S + H go home,

OR

A championship club wants them, I think they will need to get us another promotion before that offer arrives,

So its down to Evans  ;D
Posted by: Super Clive, December 19, 2012, 11:56am; Reply: 7
Silly thread! But a good silly thread!

Send um back to Boston.
Posted by: psgmariner, December 19, 2012, 12:28pm; Reply: 8
I see the Barcelona job is suddenly up for grabs...
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 19, 2012, 2:57pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from psgmariner
I see the Barcelona job is suddenly up for grabs...

Yeah i see that advertised in the telegraph the other night "Doorman at the barcelona nightspot"... ;D
Posted by: siy2k5, December 19, 2012, 4:24pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Yeah i see that advertised in the telegraph the other night "Doorman at the barcelona nightspot"... ;D

Good gawd...is that place still open?  ??) :-/
Posted by: topuphere666, December 19, 2012, 7:29pm; Reply: 11
They seem like they enjoy the club, I think if we fail to go up this year they will give it 1 more shot next season!

That 1 more shot won't be needed!!!
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 11:03am