Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 18, 2012, 7:57pm
Only just realised these to was playing each other today hope the iron do us a favour.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 18, 2012, 8:11pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Only just realised these to was playing each other today hope the iron do us a favour.

A Forest Green win will see them go above us.
Posted by: GrimsbyLad, December 18, 2012, 8:14pm; Reply: 2
Braintree are winning 1-0 at the minute
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 18, 2012, 8:18pm; Reply: 3
Braintree winning 1-0
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 18, 2012, 8:38pm; Reply: 4
Now half time 1-0. If it stays the same, that's FGR's game in hand wasted. Come on Braintree!
Posted by: Martz86, December 18, 2012, 8:40pm; Reply: 5
Going by the stats, they deserve their lead also, hopefully they continue in the same vein in the 2nd half
Posted by: springstomind, December 18, 2012, 8:46pm; Reply: 6
Cracking result at half time! Dont fancy Forrest Green, weve beaten Braintree twice this season and Forrest Green once, and Forrest green are getting beaten by Baintree, people really ddo underestimate our town team, bar Newport and Wrexham i fancy us in this league !!!
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 18, 2012, 9:01pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from springstomind
Cracking result at half time! Dont fancy Forrest Green, weve beaten Braintree twice this season and Forrest Green once, and Forrest green are getting beaten by Baintree, people really ddo underestimate our town team, bar Newport and Wrexham i fancy us in this league !!!

We've only played Braintree once this season.

Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 18, 2012, 9:12pm; Reply: 8
2-0 Braintree, UTM!
Posted by: sonik, December 18, 2012, 9:14pm; Reply: 9
2-1 and down to 10 men.
Posted by: davmariner, December 18, 2012, 9:17pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from sonik
2-1 and down to 10 men.

intercourse!
Posted by: bradzmilne, December 18, 2012, 9:18pm; Reply: 11
Come on Braintree - hang on!
Posted by: sonik, December 18, 2012, 9:21pm; Reply: 12
3-1  Get in!
Posted by: supertown, December 18, 2012, 9:28pm; Reply: 13
Nice one, just wrexham that can overtake us now and that is in our own hands on Friday
Posted by: bradzmilne, December 18, 2012, 9:32pm; Reply: 14
Things are falling into place quite nicely, dear i say.
Up to us to do our job now!!
Posted by: sonik, December 18, 2012, 9:34pm; Reply: 15
5 bookings and a red card for Forest Green now.  Injury time.  Still 3-1 Braintree.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 18, 2012, 9:34pm; Reply: 16
FGR down to 10 men
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 18, 2012, 9:37pm; Reply: 17
Super stuff. Same again on Saturday please Braintree (100) (100)
Posted by: The Yard Dog, December 18, 2012, 9:39pm; Reply: 18
Full time 3-1 both down to 10 a side

Posted by: Poojah, December 18, 2012, 9:41pm; Reply: 19
Some interesting fixtures coming up (not discounting our game v Wrexham on Friday). Newport play Forest Green twice in their boxing day / new years day double-header and then follow that up with a game at home to Wrexham the following Friday night.

Some guaranteed points to be dropped there; just need to keep our part of the bargain.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 18, 2012, 9:47pm; Reply: 20
A massive 480 in attendance tonight.
Posted by: springstomind, December 18, 2012, 9:59pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Les Brechin

We've only played Braintree once this season.

Ok thanks got my games mixed up, still bent them over if I remember rightly.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 19, 2012, 9:27am; Reply: 22
the other little bit of good news was that barrow macclesfield ended in a draw in the FA Cup. have always been  a bit worried that macclesfield are a dark horse in the promotion stakes so anything that increases their fixture pile up and takes their minds off the league (the winners get a great tie against cardiff in the 3 rd round) has got to be good news

ps just looked at forest green stats - no win in 3 now and only 3 wins in the last 15.that doesn't bode well for them continuing to be promotion rivals
Posted by: cod.gtfc, December 19, 2012, 9:42am; Reply: 23
Quoted from forza ivano

ps just looked at forest green stats - no win in 3 now and only 3 wins in the last 15.that doesn't bode well for them continuing to be promotion rivals

said in another thread that their fans don't rate hockaday as a manager and they didn't think he could get them promoted. Like Fleetwood and Mellon there is only so much money can do without a good manager
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, December 19, 2012, 9:43am; Reply: 24
Quoted from forza ivano
the other little bit of good news was that barrow macclesfield ended in a draw in the FA Cup. have always been  a bit worried that macclesfield are a dark horse in the promotion stakes so anything that increases their fixture pile up and takes their minds off the league (the winners get a great tie against cardiff in the 3 rd round) has got to be good news

Kidderminster are the big threat. They've only lost one league game since the start of September after that shocking start to the season. They've won six on the bounce.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 19, 2012, 9:57am; Reply: 25

Kidderminster are the big threat. They've only lost one league game since the start of September after that shocking start to the season. They've won six on the bounce.

'They've won six on the bounce' - apart from their last match which they lost to the mighty Bromley!  ;)
joking aside  I agree - said at the time ,that the draw at kiddy might turnout to be a decent result. Since then they've beaten macclesfield, wrexham and newport. they've got forest green, mansfield and macclesfield in the next month as well
Posted by: BIGChris, December 19, 2012, 10:25am; Reply: 26
FGR face Newport twice over the festive period. Two draws?

There will be many twists and turns before the end of April. Town will lose but it is about how they bounce back. So far they have responded to dissapointing results.

I hope for a minimum of8 points from the next 12 but would take 7 if it includes 3 on Friday
Posted by: RoboCod, December 19, 2012, 10:30am; Reply: 27
Kidderminster must now be our only official voodo-team. If we finally beat them in the new year I'll start to believe ::)
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 19, 2012, 11:36am; Reply: 28
Quoted from RoboCod
Kidderminster must now be our only official voodo-team. If we finally beat them in the new year I'll start to believe ::)

I think Kidderminster will be our main rivals in the latter part of the season,

Coming a close 2nd to our championship team.(clap)(clap2)
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 12:46am