Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, December 18, 2012, 11:57am
Now rearranged for 8th January, a few days before Welling away in the Trophy
Posted by: oldun, December 18, 2012, 12:05pm; Reply: 1
Bloody Nora some miles to cover there.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 18, 2012, 12:24pm; Reply: 2
Can't see more than 10 going ;)
Posted by: oldun, December 18, 2012, 3:07pm; Reply: 3
Thing is, there is another vital 3 points at stake. At least we play this game before the trophy game, other way round would be a nightmare
Posted by: Abdul19, December 18, 2012, 3:09pm; Reply: 4
Fri
Wed
Sat
Tues
Sat
Tues

6 big league games coming up pre Welling then.
Posted by: cod.gtfc, December 18, 2012, 4:50pm; Reply: 5
Managers obviously think we can cope with all those games otherwise they wouldn't have agreed to play it then
Posted by: barralad, December 18, 2012, 7:02pm; Reply: 6
The players and managers might but my wallet definitely won't. Regrettably I shall be giving this one a miss.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 18, 2012, 7:35pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from cod.gtfc
Managers obviously think we can cope with all those games otherwise they wouldn't have agreed to play it then

Don't the fa say when it has to be played?
Posted by: siy2k5, December 18, 2012, 8:53pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Don't the fa say when it has to be played?

I "think" it's left to the clubs to arrange between themselves, from a selection of available dates.
Posted by: bogbrush, December 18, 2012, 11:04pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from siy2k5

I "think" it's left to the clubs to arrange between themselves, from a selection of available dates.

..Within a certain amount of time of the P-P I belive..
Posted by: cod.gtfc, December 18, 2012, 11:23pm; Reply: 10
just checked and except in exceptional circumstances they have to be rearranged within 42 days of the postponed game.

So guess it was the only free date
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 18, 2012, 11:25pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from BIGChris
Now rearranged for 8th January, a few days before Welling away in the Trophy

Great news for me because i can make this now with being off work for the week, Agree with oldun best to get this game in before the welling game.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 19, 2012, 8:08am; Reply: 12
Quoted from cod.gtfc

I suppose Gateshead will have exactly the same schedule.
Posted by: BIGChris, December 19, 2012, 9:01am; Reply: 13
If, we beat Welling then we will have another game to re-arrange (Cambridge away) so perhpas this re-aarangement is trying to ensure we dont fall behind with our league fixtures too much
Posted by: forza ivano, December 19, 2012, 9:08am; Reply: 14
bloody FA Trophy - just wish to feck they'd play the ressies and get the hell out of it as quick as possible. we saw the after effects of a hard game at buxton with the performance at ebbsfleet, the next round  sees one of the first team sent off so missing one of the most vital games of the season. what next at Welling? one of the regulars gettinga  serious injury? another sending off and suspension? an increased fixture pile up? it just ain't worth it imho

i'd be feckin mad if this tinpot trophy does any more damage to our promotion prospects
Posted by: porkies, December 19, 2012, 9:22am; Reply: 15
Wasn't the original game at Gateshead only a few days apart from the trip to Ebbsfleet. Ebbsfleet and Welling are only 12 miles apart so we can't say that we have been disadvantaged at all!?
Posted by: jock dock tower, December 19, 2012, 9:54am; Reply: 16
Will hopefully get across to this one, weather permitting, again!
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 19, 2012, 11:41am; Reply: 17
Quoted from forza ivano
bloody FA Trophy - just wish to feck they'd play the ressies and get the hell out of it as quick as possible. we saw the after effects of a hard game at buxton with the performance at ebbsfleet, the next round  sees one of the first team sent off so missing one of the most vital games of the season. what next at Welling? one of the regulars gettinga  serious injury? another sending off and suspension? an increased fixture pile up? it just ain't worth it imho

i'd be feckin mad if this tinpot trophy does any more damage to our promotion prospects

Don't worry, I am sure we will lose 1-0 at Welling,

Then all we have to think about is promotion.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 19, 2012, 1:08pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from grimsby pete

Don't worry, I am sure we will lose 1-0 at Welling,

Then all we have to think about is promotion.

i really hope so pete , and i hope we do it with a bunch of ressies/squad players too.

couldn't give a flying feck about the fa trophy - getting out of this league is the only priority imho. as bp vicar said it's an embarrassment even being in it!
Posted by: cod.gtfc, December 19, 2012, 1:10pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from forza ivano

i really hope so pete , and i hope we do it with a bunch of ressies/squad players too.

couldn't give a flying feck about the fa trophy - getting out of this league is the only priority imho. as bp vicar said it's an embarrassment even being in it!

I'll quote you on that when you get your Wembley ticket in March while we're sitting top of the league by several points.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 19, 2012, 1:15pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from cod.gtfc

I'll quote you on that when you get your Wembley ticket in March while we're sitting top of the league by several points.

if that were to be the case i think i'd be walking round with half a lob on ;D ;D ;D
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 4:48am