Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sweden, December 17, 2012, 6:03pm
I will go over to see Mansfield match and then I go to Grimsby to see Lincoln on New Year's Day.
I would like some suggestions for pub in Mansfield where you can meet Grimsby fans.
I would also welcome suggestions as where and how to celebrate New Year's Eve in Grimsby.
I myself am Swedish and 54 years and has followed Grimsby FC since 1975.
I have been over a number of times, last year I saw Grimsby Lincoln 3-1.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 17, 2012, 6:10pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Sweden
I would also welcome suggestions as where and how to celebrate New Year's Eve in Grimsby.

Do you want to remember what you did on New Years Eve and do you want to get to the game in good health, ?

If the answer is Yes, have a quiet night in at your hotel,

IF

Your answer is NO, then there will be a lot of advice coming shortly

Seriously, I hope you enjoy your visit and see town win all the xmas games.

Posted by: Gary Haddock, December 17, 2012, 6:20pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Sweden
I will go over to see Mansfield match and then I go to Grimsby to see Lincoln on New Year's Day.
I would like some suggestions for pub in Mansfield where you can meet Grimsby fans.
I have been over a number of times, last year I saw Grimsby Lincoln 3-1.

No useful advice from me. Just wanted to say it's great to see and hear we have fans from Sweden and other places far and wide around the world. Gives me a sense of pride. I hope you enjoy your visit and I hope that town win and you go home singing we are top of the league (with any luck). I have met fans from Norway and Denmark last season too, always good to hear fans coming from so far. UTM.  8)
Posted by: Ipswin, December 17, 2012, 6:34pm; Reply: 3
I am concerned about your mental health, whilst I can understand your desire to see Grimsby Town I have never met anyone who actually wanted to spend New Year's Eve in Grimsby by choice

Hopefully someone on here who lives locally might take you under his (or if you are lucky her) wing for the evening
Posted by: Sweden, December 17, 2012, 6:52pm; Reply: 4
I spent New Year´s Eve last year at Yardbirds, with my two children 22 and 25 years. Maybe I was a bit too old.
But it was pretty damn fun.
But it is sold out.
Posted by: Sweden, December 17, 2012, 6:53pm; Reply: 5
I spent New Year´s Eve last year at Yardbirds, with my two children 22 and 25 years. Maybe I was a bit too old.
But it is sold out.
But this time I go by myself.
Posted by: wigworld, December 17, 2012, 6:55pm; Reply: 6
I haven't lived in Grimsby for years, but Gullivers always used to be an eye opener.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 17, 2012, 6:56pm; Reply: 7
I am sure one of our resposible posters who live in Grimsby / Cleethorpes will take you to their  heart and look after you.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 17, 2012, 6:57pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Sweden
But it is sold out.

can you not email them and tell them you are coming all the way from Sweden?
Posted by: supertown, December 17, 2012, 6:58pm; Reply: 9
The beacholme in Cleethorpes could be a banging night. The rumble band on at £20, not a cheap night though.
Posted by: Sweden, December 17, 2012, 8:02pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from headingly_mariner

can you not email them and tell them you are coming all the way from Sweden?

I will try.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 18, 2012, 11:00am; Reply: 11
THE RAILWAY INN is the pub to head for in Mansfield - friendly locals, excellent beer and the food was pretty good as well. had a good time in there last year
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 12:35pm