Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: I believe in Cod, December 12, 2012, 7:14pm
anyone got a decent link they fancy sharing?

thanks
Posted by: GyMariner, December 12, 2012, 7:15pm; Reply: 1
is this televised?
Posted by: wigworld, December 12, 2012, 7:19pm; Reply: 2
Why? Are you going over to the dark side?  :P
Posted by: supertown, December 12, 2012, 7:22pm; Reply: 3
espn
Posted by: I believe in Cod, December 12, 2012, 7:28pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from wigworld
Why? Are you going over to the dark side?  :P

haha now now, lets not be silly.

just fancied watching the game, bit of scouting and i decided to subscribe to premier sports this year rather then espn
Posted by: buckstown, December 12, 2012, 7:41pm; Reply: 5
I hope Lincoln win this. Then hopefully their form will fall apart in the run up to the Liverpool game
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 12, 2012, 7:45pm; Reply: 6
I fancy some goals in this 4-3 either way.
Posted by: Meza, December 12, 2012, 7:47pm; Reply: 7
I'm going for Mansfield 1 - 3 Lincoln
Posted by: GyMariner, December 12, 2012, 7:56pm; Reply: 8
i'm going with Mansfield 2-1 Lincoln
Posted by: RoboCod, December 12, 2012, 8:00pm; Reply: 9
1-0 Stags. Own goal
Posted by: Codswede, December 12, 2012, 8:02pm; Reply: 10
HA, hillarious goal! UP THE STAGS
Posted by: LH, December 12, 2012, 8:02pm; Reply: 11
Good finish keeps.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 12, 2012, 8:04pm; Reply: 12
more tickets on the way i reckon...(100)
Posted by: aldi_01, December 12, 2012, 8:11pm; Reply: 13
Very little to worry us so far. The odd long throw..

Poor goal to concede.
Posted by: RoboCod, December 12, 2012, 8:18pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from aldi_01
Very little to worry us so far. The odd long throw..

Poor goal to concede.

Very poor. Unless they can do something with a set piece you just mark Taylor closely, who's barely had a touch,  out of the game and they've very little to offer.
Posted by: conscorner, December 12, 2012, 8:20pm; Reply: 15
Rob Duffy is one of the ESPN pitchside pundits, having played for both clubs
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 12, 2012, 8:24pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from conscorner
Rob Duffy is one of the ESPN pitchside pundits, having played for both clubs

Peter Bore is making the coffee for them ! LOL

Posted by: RoboCod, December 12, 2012, 8:27pm; Reply: 17
Jeez, 1-1...where did that come from ?
Posted by: craigy, December 12, 2012, 8:27pm; Reply: 18
1-1 game on
Posted by: aldi_01, December 12, 2012, 8:29pm; Reply: 19
So two sloppy bits of defending led to both teams scoring...

Still neither side looking that good.
Posted by: conscorner, December 12, 2012, 8:29pm; Reply: 20
Not sure who I want to win this one - the financial reward for progressing to the next round is significant - talking in the region of £160,000 for the TV rights
Posted by: Super Clive, December 12, 2012, 8:30pm; Reply: 21
http://www.firstrowsports.eu

Stream.
Posted by: GrimRob, December 12, 2012, 8:36pm; Reply: 22
Hope Scott and Hurst are watching and taking notes (100)
Posted by: AndyGTFC, December 12, 2012, 8:41pm; Reply: 23
Pretty dire game, it has to be said. I hope we don't look like this to other teams!
Posted by: cod.gtfc, December 12, 2012, 8:44pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from conscorner
Not sure who I want to win this one - the financial reward for progressing to the next round is significant - talking in the region of £160,000 for the TV rights

Not to mention a sell out 9000+ crowd, plus winnings for this game.

The winner will probably net in the region of 400k at least for getting there in their FA cup run, nevermind what they could get if they manage to hold Liverpool to a draw.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 12, 2012, 9:08pm; Reply: 25
The fat illegitimate who come on against town has just come on
Posted by: RoboCod, December 12, 2012, 9:23pm; Reply: 26
2-1 Stags
Posted by: Codswede, December 12, 2012, 9:24pm; Reply: 27
No reason we can't beat either of these sides.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, December 12, 2012, 9:26pm; Reply: 28
We've already hammered Mansfield 4 1 with a weaker team
Posted by: RoboCod, December 12, 2012, 9:31pm; Reply: 29
Would any Lincoln Red cards tonight mean a suspension from Boxing/New Years day ? That would be interesting, Power's on a yellow and his corners are the most dangerous thing for Lincoln.
Posted by: RoboCod, December 12, 2012, 9:41pm; Reply: 30
Ah well, 2-1 FT. An injury time goal in the last round which will haunt them for quite some time.

Still,who cares.
Posted by: Tommy, December 12, 2012, 9:43pm; Reply: 31
What a horrible game.

No quality whatsoever. Neither team wanting to pass the ball at any stage. Just a load of hoofs and long-throws.

If anyone still complains that Town don't play enough football, I hope you watched this game because we are on a different level to these two teams. We try and play good passing football a hell of a lot more than these 2 and when we do we are a class above anything that these produced over 90 minutes.

I was concerned about us going into 2 games over xmas without Neilson and Hannah, but after seeing that I can't wait for it, we should be fine as long as we are up for it.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 12, 2012, 9:45pm; Reply: 32
Mansfield 2 - Gimps 1

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/hvwkqo.jpg[/IMG]

Now give us more tickets you 6 fingered fcuks.
Posted by: cod.gtfc, December 12, 2012, 9:47pm; Reply: 33
Dire game, and money going to money again, just like Crawley and Fleetwood in previous seasons. If this carries on more clubs might get stupid and start throwing money around and hoping a good cup run and lucky draw will make it all worthwhile.

Three seasons in a row the teams with the biggest budget done well in the FA cup and made a nice earner. At least Mansfield are excrement enough to not be able to buy the league.
Posted by: Biccys, December 12, 2012, 9:58pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Marinerz93
Mansfield 2 - Gimps 1

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/hvwkqo.jpg[/IMG]

Now give us more tickets you 6 fingered fcuks.

Actually laughed like a drain...
Posted by: Jonaldo, December 12, 2012, 9:59pm; Reply: 35
Haha Ray Stubbs and Clark Carlisle blanking Rob Duffy. Almost felt bad for the guy.
Posted by: bradzmilne, December 12, 2012, 10:08pm; Reply: 36
Thank the lord!
Posted by: moosey_club, December 12, 2012, 10:18pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Jonaldo
Haha Ray Stubbs and Clark Carlisle blanking Rob Duffy. Almost felt bad for the guy.

i was waiting for him to slip off out of view like an episode of acorn antiques...bless him.
Posted by: RoboCod, December 12, 2012, 10:29pm; Reply: 38
Never mind that, after Sunday and now tonight...who does Aryan follow ???(crying)
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, December 12, 2012, 10:35pm; Reply: 39
Ha ha Lincoln . This is going to hit them hard
Posted by: aldi_01, December 12, 2012, 11:01pm; Reply: 40
On a serious note it will be interesting to see how they respond. They certainly hyped up this game and almost seemed to throw every egg in its basket. In the last couple of weeks they've had some interesting results too.

Ah well, nothing for us to worry about on that performance from either side really.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 13, 2012, 12:24am; Reply: 41
It will be interesting to see how they pick themselves up from this loss, Looking like an easy 6 points for the Mighty Mariners over christmas. ;D
Posted by: mariner91, December 13, 2012, 12:32am; Reply: 42
And they've got a very difficult game on the 22nd, away at Mansfield.
Posted by: Meza, December 13, 2012, 7:32am; Reply: 43
On their board one states they'll get 7 / 12 points I think they'll get 4 / 12
Posted by: gymadman, December 13, 2012, 8:41am; Reply: 44
they took a decent following on a Wednesday night but will bring a few hundred here on a Bank holiday, strange bunch them Gimps
Posted by: brad_gtfc, December 13, 2012, 11:11am; Reply: 45
I honestly think they'll take points off us, intercourse me thats painful to say.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 13, 2012, 2:29pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from brad_gtfc
I honestly think they'll take points off us, intercourse me thats painful to say.

Realistically it's down to how the players perform on the day for both games and as we have seen in this league even the minnows have their day  ;)

However, I believe this Town team will give their all and 2 - 4 points from these two games maybe what we end up with but for the sake of us being better than them I'll take 6 off those bellringers for a stingy ticket allocation and not being able to return to BP in numbers.
Posted by: RoboCod, December 13, 2012, 2:49pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Marinerz93

Realistically it's down to how the players perform on the day for both games and as we have seen in this league even the minnows have their day  ;)

However, I believe this Town team will give their all and 2 - 4 points from these two games maybe what we end up with but for the sake of us being better than them I'll take 6 off those bellringers for a stingy ticket allocation and not being able to return to BP in numbers.

Agree, it's down to which Town and Gimps team turn up on the day. If Town were at their very best though we would murder them. As it is we still don't know about Hannah, Nielson etc but if we're at full strength I'd hope to see 6 points. Better team, better fans and their forum would be the usual comedy show afterwards.
Posted by: NorfolkImp, December 13, 2012, 4:35pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from RoboCod

Agree, it's down to which Town and Gimps team turn up on the day. If Town were at their very best though we would murder them. As it is we still don't know about Hannah, Nielson etc but if we're at full strength I'd hope to see 6 points. Better team, better fans and their forum would be the usual comedy show afterwards.

I thought The Imps fans were pretty good last night, sang throughout ..... as for the team, far too much hoof for my liking, but if they get it down the channels and into Power/Taylor's feet, we can definitely cause you problems!

Posted by: mariner91, December 13, 2012, 5:05pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from NorfolkImp

I thought The Imps fans were pretty good last night, sang throughout ..... as for the team, far too much hoof for my liking, but if they get it down the channels and into Power/Taylor's feet, we can definitely cause you problems!

You only got one goal last night against a defence that has shipped twice as many goals as us this season...
Posted by: RoboCod, December 13, 2012, 5:39pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Away fans are the best, no matter who the club is. Which is why it's odd that your Vital lot try to take the p**s when we bring loads for a game at your place, whether it's for a tinpot Lincs Cup match or full blooded festive game. Obviously your lot turn out in force when Liverpool are the bait...
Taylor just needs marking. Pond's job. Then you just resort to hoofing. Pearsons job. Last resort put it to Smith, who got his first goal for you last night, a gift from a player who virtually wrapped it up with a bow for him  ::)
Nah... if we sort out Marshall and/or Nielson then you'll see how lacking Taylor is as a wide man and Hannah could teach Taylor the art of finishing. If's and but's for now...
Starting to drool a little already...(drool)
Posted by: shotandcursed, December 13, 2012, 6:42pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Aryan, you have fu(k-all credibility on here, on Lincoln's forum or infact in Lincolnshire football in general.

You're a lily-livered, turncoat, no-stomach-for-a-fight, unreliable, wishy-washy, pretend to be a manc, prawn sandwich eating, plastic clunge!

Posted by: Super Clive, December 13, 2012, 6:57pm; Reply: 52
And thread Ended re Aryan  ;D
Posted by: Super Clive, December 13, 2012, 6:57pm; Reply: 53
And thread Ended re Aryan  ;D
Posted by: NorfolkImp, December 15, 2012, 11:48am; Reply: 54
Quoted from shotandcursed

Aryan, you have fu(k-all credibility on here, on Lincoln's forum or infact in Lincolnshire football in general.

You're a lily-livered, turncoat, no-stomach-for-a-fight, unreliable, wishy-washy, pretend to be a manc, prawn sandwich eating, plastic clunge!

Have I ever sought credibility? ..... I never realised I was that 'high profile' in the first place, so I guess its a back-handed compliment, from someone with a meagre 140 posts to their name!

As for preferring NOT to watch 5th Division football, I'm not the only one, at either BP or SB I suspect?

Posted by: shotandcursed, December 15, 2012, 12:17pm; Reply: 55
I dont know what you are seeking Ryan. . . But you must be looking for something with your 2500 posts on a forum of ateam who are rivals of a team you once supported!

A sh1t team's for life, not for Christmas!
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 15, 2012, 1:17pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Have I ever sought credibility? ..... I never realised I was that 'high profile' in the first place, so I guess its a back-handed compliment, from someone with a meagre 140 posts to their name!

As for preferring NOT to watch 5th Division football, I'm not the only one, at either BP or SB I suspect?

Didn't you watch it before when you had a couple of Town legends to help you out the last time.  If I remember rightly every one else was part time and you loved being the big fish in a little pond.  It's bit different when you are up against it and fighting for survival.  Others who don't have the moral fibre, jump ship and support Premeirshit clubs then make out they have supported them for years.  You are only tolerable on here because you are so laughable, but on your own message board you are despised so you come crawling on here for friends.
Posted by: Helgy, December 15, 2012, 2:47pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from RoboCod

Away fans are the best, no matter who the club is. Which is why it's odd that your Vital lot try to take the p**s when we bring loads for a game at your place, whether it's for a tinpot Lincs Cup match or full blooded festive game. Obviously your lot turn out in force when Liverpool are the bait...
Taylor just needs marking. Pond's job. Then you just resort to hoofing. Pearsons job. Last resort put it to Smith, who got his first goal for you last night, a gift from a player who virtually wrapped it up with a bow for him  ::)
Nah... if we sort out Marshall and/or Nielson then you'll see how lacking Taylor is as a wide man and Hannah could teach Taylor the art of finishing. If's and but's for now...
Starting to drool a little already...(drool)

Don't underestimate Taylor he's a class act for this level and i can't say that about the rest of the team,he's far to under used it was painful to watch a long ball to him.
Just can't understand why we persist in pumping the ball upto him as it only comes back.

Posted by: Super Clive, December 15, 2012, 3:12pm; Reply: 58
WE know that feeling helgy although not this season  :)
Posted by: NorfolkImp, December 15, 2012, 4:03pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Marinerz93

Didn't you watch it before when you had a couple of Town legends to help you out the last time.  If I remember rightly every one else was part time and you loved being the big fish in a little pond.  It's bit different when you are up against it and fighting for survival.  Others who don't have the moral fibre, jump ship and support Premeirshit clubs then make out they have supported them for years.  You are only tolerable on here because you are so laughable, but on your own message board you are despised so you come crawling on here for friends.

Where do you get your information from? Despised you say .... all but one 'fan' shook my hand and welcomed me back v Mansfield at SB, they know its only banter, fact is they know I don't suffer from the rose-tinted affliction and simply say it as I see it.

You are correct on one point however, I did enjoy it as a 20 year old in the old GMVC, just not for me these days, what's wrong with that?
Posted by: Meza, December 15, 2012, 4:24pm; Reply: 60
Surely your first club is from we're your from or born? My club is Grimsby despite 10 years of decline, I do like Liverpool which is something I've grown up with as my dads 2nd team was Liverpool and its also from my school days were most kids had 2 teams the one your from and the one you like that your not associated with.

Where does Aryan come from or born from?

If he's dumped the imps for Man city you can't just switch allegiances just like that but having said that who cares if he wants to dump the team that actually means something to him I bloody dont.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 15, 2012, 4:56pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Where do you get your information from? Despised you say .... all but one 'fan' shook my hand and welcomed me back v Mansfield at SB, they know its only banter, fact is they know I don't suffer from the rose-tinted affliction and simply say it as I see it.

You are correct on one point however, I did enjoy it as a 20 year old in the old GMVC, just not for me these days, what's wrong with that?

Oooh touched a nerve, did all those who post on imps vital shake your hand, the majority have said time and again that they don't like you because you bail when the going gets tough, others don't like you because you are from Grimsby  ;)

These days it's not for you because you aren't winning and struggling that's why you saunter off to Man Chitty, I've supported them all my life blah blah  ;D
Posted by: shotandcursed, December 15, 2012, 6:18pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from NorfolkImp

What's wrong with it? It's a bit like. . .

A miner who has decided to go into work late 1984 when all of his mates are still picketing. . . "I'm earning good money again, eating out tonoght and goin down the pub. whats wrong with that?"

If you need to be told "what is wrong with that?" . . . You'll never ever know!

I would guess that each and everyone of the posters on here has got ribbed, the pi55 taken, laughed at about supportin grimsby or city throughout their schooling and later life by folk who know nothing  apart from man u, liverpool, arsenal, folk from lincolnshire who have never been anywhere near anfiel or old trafford or emirates.  for one of their own to beswayed by some flash foreignrrs ovet and above their lifelong club absolutely stinks.

You only started following them when they started winning. . . Pretty pathetic altogwthrr realky!
Posted by: NorfolkImp, December 18, 2012, 5:14pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from shotandcursed

What's wrong with it? It's a bit like. . .

A miner who has decided to go into work late 1984 when all of his mates are still picketing. . . "I'm earning good money again, eating out tonoght and goin down the pub. whats wrong with that?"

If you need to be told "what is wrong with that?" . . . You'll never ever know!

I would guess that each and everyone of the posters on here has got ribbed, the pi55 taken, laughed at about supportin grimsby or city throughout their schooling and later life by folk who know nothing  apart from man u, liverpool, arsenal, folk from lincolnshire who have never been anywhere near anfiel or old trafford or emirates.  for one of their own to beswayed by some flash foreignrrs ovet and above their lifelong club absolutely stinks.

You only started following them when they started winning. . . Pretty pathetic altogwthrr realky!

I've come to the conclusion that I treat my football teams like I treat my women ..... I was in love with one for 35 odd years (Imps) but always had a sexy bit on the side (City) who I slipped away for the odd weekend (half a dozen times a season) for about 32 of them.

3 years ago the good lady became such a nag and frankly a total bore, I finally left her and immediately realised what I've been missing out on! That said, I keep in touch with the old girl, tease her a bit now and then, and ultimately want her to be happy long term, but the passion has gone .... whether it returns or not remains to be seen!

I visited her recently and everyone was warm and friendly bar a couple in the family, but that was to be expected I suppose.

Happy now?  ;)

Posted by: shotandcursed, December 18, 2012, 5:24pm; Reply: 64
Having cheated on your wife, left her for a more glamorous model, it's terribly bad form to pop back for a legover. . . her neighbours probably aren't too impressed with you euther!

Good amalogy btw!

The thing you have to realise is that man cuty might be glamorous but she's also a slapper. . . a slapper that lots of blokes whi arent very good at shagging have all had a go on!

Yiu have the clap and are being shunned by the faithful lovers of Lincoln and Grimsby.

Admit it, you are slightly ashamed!
Posted by: NorfolkImp, December 18, 2012, 5:33pm; Reply: 65
Ashamed? Not in the slightest, I stand alone (sometimes literally on the odd occasion but let's not go there ;) ) there is no set moral code for supporting ones team(s)

Posted by: RoboCod, December 18, 2012, 5:45pm; Reply: 66
Can't blame Aryan for coming  on here though. Their Vital site can make a grown man weep. Even after their latest mini-revival which has attracted a few Aryans lapsed Gimps back, over half the threads are started by the admin bloke.
Rubbish fans.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 18, 2012, 5:52pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from RoboCod
Can't blame Aryan for coming  on here though. Their Vital site can make a grown man weep. Even after their latest mini-revival which has attracted a few Aryans lapsed Gimps back, over half the threads are started by the admin bloke.
Rubbish fans.

Aye Jules was nearly knocking one out last week at the prospect of taking a balloon to Mansfield along with the other superior beings on there!The one voice on there who talks any kind of sense is Old Guard who points out the reason we travel in such numbers to Lincoln is to support our team at the nearest fixture and he is baffled at there logic at avoiding travelling here?They make a visit to BP out like they have to run the gauntet in downtown Kabul it really is pitiful on there part.
Posted by: Helgy, December 18, 2012, 8:02pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Aye Jules was nearly knocking one out last week at the prospect of taking a balloon to Mansfield along with the other superior beings on there!The one voice on there who talks any kind of sense is Old Guard who points out the reason we travel in such numbers to Lincoln is to support our team at the nearest fixture and he is baffled at there logic at avoiding travelling here?They make a visit to BP out like they have to run the gauntet in downtown Kabul it really is pitiful on there part.

You get that feeling to that some on there are superior beings odd that can't understand why you do lol.
Posted by: RoboCod, December 18, 2012, 9:04pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Good God, the Town fan who was putting his case very fairly and moderately (and getting the oh so clever fish replies and having his basic spelling picked up on) has been banned from their forum  :-/ The reason, the nobend who runs the site got 'bored' of his posts.
[url]http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=30258&start=81&posts=88[/url] posted at 18.56

Shocking when you think of the stuff that's been left on there, although his history has been full of shoddy, big girls blouse behaviour when it comes to those big nasty away fans.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 18, 2012, 11:39pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from RoboCod

Good God, the Town fan who was putting his case very fairly and moderately (and getting the oh so clever fish replies and having his basic spelling picked up on) has been banned from their forum  :-/ The reason, the nobend who runs the site got 'bored' of his posts.
[url]http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=30258&start=81&posts=88[/url] posted at 18.56

Shocking when you think of the stuff that's been left on there, although his history has been full of shoddy, big girls blouse behaviour when it comes to those big nasty away fans.

It's not just Lincoln who ban Town fans from their message boards, I know two or three who have been banned off the iron bru for upsetting pansy64, who admitted he is also a moderator on the GTFC site of footymad, the one that still has a picture up from when Slade was in charge.

You'd think our lesser county cousins would be grateful of the increased board activity but like a Lincoln ticket office they cut their noses off to spite their face.
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 7:32am