Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Total Football, May 2, 2012, 2:33pm
Just been having a coffee in costa.was sat with my partner and over heard a couple talking about Peter Winn. So I ask as a town fan what's happening with him. The lady happen to be peters mum. She said Peter was/is absolutely gutted to be leaving town as he's loves the club not only enjoyed playing for town but is a fan too..they said Peter has an option in his contract at Stevenage but thinks they might move him on as he ain't happy living down south..I said to them where will Peter end up playing. What I think was his dad said he's had gainsborough, lincoln, Cambridge, wycombe and also alfreton on the phone..I said the fans really like Peter and thought he might get something at town.

So looks as tho he will defo get a blue square club.. Must admit I do like Winn as he is a very direct old school winger..

Wish you all the best with your future Winny.😃😜
Posted by: lukeo, May 2, 2012, 4:59pm; Reply: 1
He loves the club, the fans love him. Just a shame the managers don't see him in their plans  :B
Posted by: Paris Mariner, May 2, 2012, 5:02pm; Reply: 2
Sign him up sign him up sign him up!
Posted by: Super Clive, May 2, 2012, 5:04pm; Reply: 3
Not good enough of what I seen during his spell although if he was here when we was on that run things might of been different.

Didn't do himself any favours for a contact that for sure, still like him though.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 2, 2012, 5:11pm; Reply: 4
He can play in goal so he would be worth a contract to sit on the bench and come on when and  where required,

Keeper, Winger, Midfield or Striker .
Posted by: wigworld, May 2, 2012, 5:27pm; Reply: 5
Don't think he's played in goal for a few years.
I like him, and the fact that he wants to be here, but I don't think he's good enough.
Posted by: Fishfinger, May 2, 2012, 6:16pm; Reply: 6
I liked him and wanted him to stay...however I'll go along with the management's judgement
Posted by: aaron rattray, May 2, 2012, 6:42pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Fishfinger
I liked him and wanted him to stay...however I'll go along with the management's judgement

If gary silk goes and we dont gets somebody who is better i wont be happy with the management judgment
Posted by: Ipswin, May 2, 2012, 6:45pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Fishfinger

I'm sure they will be relieved to hear that

Posted by: Fishfinger, May 2, 2012, 6:55pm; Reply: 9
Sorry...Jees! I intended to mean that I trust the management's judgement. (sorry) !!
Posted by: Super Clive, May 2, 2012, 7:16pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Ipswin

I'm sure they will be relieved to hear that

I'm sure john fenty is acknowledges he has your backing   :K)
Posted by: siy2k5, May 2, 2012, 7:19pm; Reply: 11
I like the lad, but IMO he didn't really do enough to earn a contract for me. Would have liked to have seen more of hi
Tho.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 2, 2012, 7:23pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from aaron rattray

If gary silk goes and we dont gets somebody who is better i wont be happy with the management judgment

Oh my sides are hurting, stop it Aaron, even pictured you doing the walk and saying awright awright.
Posted by: aaron rattray, May 2, 2012, 7:56pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Marinerz93

Oh my sides are hurting, stop it Aaron, even pictured you doing the walk and saying awright awright.

Did you picture me saying what is a hot spot not?
Posted by: Abdul19, May 2, 2012, 7:59pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from lukeo
the fans love him.

Do they?!
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), May 3, 2012, 12:29am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Super Clive
Didn't do himself any favours for a contact that for sure, still like him though.

My thoughts exactly.
Thought we might have taken a chance on a local lad and his potential to grow but it's fine margins...
No sentimentality in football, let's just hope the managers can do much better.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 3, 2012, 8:05am; Reply: 16
I thought Winn looked very good on his home debut but never reached those heights again. Tailed off badly and IF we are to challenge we need better
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, May 3, 2012, 9:39pm; Reply: 17
The truth of it is that he didn't bring anything extra to the team and thats what the managers were looking for----enhancement and didn't get it ,simples ;)
Posted by: acko338, May 3, 2012, 9:57pm; Reply: 18
They've realised that we need a stronger backbone to the team - physical teams are in the ascendancy and bully us out of games - expect the size of the team members to grow, literally, next year to compliment ball players and protect them.

They will also trawl the lower leagues for value for money signings again, I'm sure, and probably keep them to their chests until signed and sealed, again as this season proved.

This next season is the one for them - play-offs are the absolute minimum that the fans will take this year !

They've had the throw out, and re-build year, not risen as quickly or highly as expected, now it's up to them to prove they can spot the players early and make them up to the team that will go for promotion.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 3, 2012, 10:06pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from aaron rattray

Did you picture me saying what is a hot spot not?

As it happens, no, maybe you should use it all the time so when you post people naturally think of you saying that.
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 8:06am