Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, April 26, 2012, 10:30am
managed to miss the best bit, the first 30 mins, but really enjoyed that match.found it more satisfying and just as dramatic as barca-chelsea.

thought the 2 stand out players were kroos and especially marcelo.he was superb - pace, skill and battle;he was everywhere and was still making pacey runs deep into extra time. been impressed with benzema over the last 3 games as well.
btw how the hell does pepe manage to get into that team?? :)
Posted by: psgmariner, April 26, 2012, 10:36am; Reply: 1
Fantastic game again. The Champions League is fookin ace - don't care what the football snobs / non league saddos think. Boo hiss they are all millionaires and over rated and they roll around when they get challenged etc... zzz

Ambitious approach from me last night. I had The Apprentice on TV and watched the game on ITV's truly awful ITVPlayer. Pathetic streaming service that kept crashing. It even went down in the middle of the penalties ffs!
Posted by: forza ivano, April 26, 2012, 10:52am; Reply: 2
Quoted from psgmariner
Fantastic game again. The Champions League is fookin ace - don't care what the football snobs / non league saddos think. Boo hiss they are all millionaires and over rated and they roll around when they get challenged etc... zzz

Ambitious approach from me last night. I had The Apprentice on TV and watched the game on ITV's truly awful ITVPlayer. Pathetic streaming service that kept crashing. It even went down in the middle of the penalties ffs!

lol - i suddenly realised after about 80 minutes that i could've watched it on itv 1+1 and seen the whole damned thing! doh!
Posted by: Rick12, April 26, 2012, 11:08am; Reply: 3
Quoted from forza ivano
managed to miss the best bit, the first 30 mins, but really enjoyed that match.found it more satisfying and just as dramatic as barca-chelsea.

thought the 2 stand out players were kroos and especially marcelo.he was superb - pace, skill and battle;he was everywhere and was still making pacey runs deep into extra time. been impressed with benzema over the last 3 games as well.
btw how the hell does pepe manage to get into that team?? :)
great game and really enjoyed watching it last night.Thought Bayern deserved the win overall and my money would be on them to win the final
Posted by: DocTower, April 26, 2012, 11:41am; Reply: 4
Just because your able to get the best footballers in the world doesn't make you the best team . When Athletico played Man U , they went about it as if they were playing Barca and won . Chelsea had a plan to stop Barca , effective  , and won . I think it will be a good final with very little play acting , which really frustrates me . If both Spanish teams had got to the final we'd have seen more diving than what we would have seen in the Olympic swimming pool .

Hope Chelsea win it for England .
Posted by: Rick12, April 26, 2012, 11:48am; Reply: 5
Quoted from DocTower
Just because your able to get the best footballers in the world doesn't make you the best team . When Athletico played Man U , they went about it as if they were playing Barca and won . Chelsea had a plan to stop Barca , effective  , and won . I think it will be a good final with very little play acting , which really frustrates me . If both Spanish teams had got to the final we'd have seen more diving than what we would have seen in the Olympic swimming pool .

shame though there aren't a few more English players in the Chelsea team

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 26, 2012, 11:59am; Reply: 6
Quoted from DocTower

Thank god we've got Chelsea in the final so we can watch less of those diving foreigners. Drogba will probably spend 5-10 minutes writhing in mock agony but I suppose he's still foreign even if he's been here a while. You'd have hoped that playing with honest Englanders like Gerrard, Rooney and Young would have rubbed off on him by now.
Posted by: GrimmyGrimGrim, April 26, 2012, 12:01pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
You'd have hoped that playing with honest Englanders like Gerrard, Rooney and Young would have rubbed off on him by now.

;D ;D
Posted by: forza ivano, April 26, 2012, 12:18pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from DocTower

Well, you started well with the first half of your post but then descended into utter bollox! very little play acting????? with robben, drogba and ribery on the pitch????? jeeez, watching drogba is like watching a whole series of casualty in one 90 minute hit! the bloke has christ like powers of returning to full fitness within 60 seconds of suffering a broken back,leg, arm, ankle, skull etc etc

i take it you didn't watch el clasico on saturday? a helluva lot of good football and not very much falling down

and chelsea winning it for england???? i think they'll have a sum total of 3 english players and 2 of them (lampard and ashley '£60k a week, disgusting' cole) are national hate figures.
and what the hell has abramovich tried to do over the years,if its not trying to buy the world's best players?

at least i can be totally neutral for the final -don't like the germans much but would far rather our football be run like the german clubs, than a premiership dominated by a dubious russian businessman, a group of arab oil sheikhs and some meat headed american business tycoons, who think we watch 'soccer' and that we need to improve the 'match day experience'
Posted by: Maringer, April 26, 2012, 12:40pm; Reply: 9
Is Sturridge fit? If so, I suppose he might make an appearance in the Final to take the English tally up to three. I don't think anybody hates him much yet, do they?
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 26, 2012, 12:40pm; Reply: 10
Young has certainly seen Drogba as a role model.
Posted by: speedy, April 26, 2012, 2:32pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Thank god we've got Chelsea in the final so we can watch less of those diving foreigners. Drogba will probably spend 5-10 minutes writhing in mock agony but I suppose he's still foreign even if he's been here a while. You'd have hoped that playing with honest Englanders like Gerrard, Rooney and Young would have rubbed off on him by now.

Don't forget good ol honest terry!
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), April 27, 2012, 3:23am; Reply: 12
Thought Real looked distinctly average 2nd half onwards and after their divefest playacting vs Barcelona, glad they got knocked out.

Certainly not as entertaining a game as Sporting v Bilbao on C5 tonight - quality !  :)
Print page generated: May 26, 2024, 2:50am