Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, April 21, 2012, 8:01pm
Decent ground, bobbly pitch, dour game.

For me we just didnt show enough ambition to win the game. This is something that has been evidence in several away games lately.even when we did still have a chance of promotion.

By and large solid at the back. McKeown made a half decent stop in the first half and then reacted well to a deflected effort shortly after.

On a wet pitch I couldnt understand why we did take on more shots. Low skidding efforts would have teated their keeper who surprisingly won the man of the match. Must have been his dad awarding it!

Thanoj wasnt at his best and neither were Disley or Artus. They werent over run just didnt contribute enough for me. When did we last see a midfielder get beyond the strikers?

Soares looks to be improving, hopefully with a full pre season he will push on. Hearn was a threat, maybe he is feeling the effects of his first season as a full time pro.

We have now lost 3 in a lot of games. We could (should) have won more of them imo.

Fortune favours the brave.

We need to be more brave
Posted by: Helgy, April 21, 2012, 8:29pm; Reply: 1
At least you didn't lose to Hayes and Yeading the least said about the game the better.
Posted by: BIGChris, April 21, 2012, 8:30pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Helgy
At least you didn't lose to Hayes and Yeading the least said about the game the better.

Been there, done that!
Posted by: Marinerz93, April 21, 2012, 8:47pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from BIGChris
Decent ground, bobbly pitch, dour game.

For me we just didnt show enough ambition to win the game. This is something that has been evidence in several away games lately.even when we did still have a chance of promotion.

By and large solid at the back. McKeown made a half decent stop in the first half and then reacted well to a deflected effort shortly after.

On a wet pitch I couldnt understand why we did take on more shots. Low skidding efforts would have teated their keeper who surprisingly won the man of the match. Must have been his dad awarding it!

Thanoj wasnt at his best and neither were Disley or Artus. They werent over run just didnt contribute enough for me. When did we last see a midfielder get beyond the strikers?

Soares looks to be improving, hopefully with a full pre season he will push on. Hearn was a threat, maybe he is feeling the effects of his first season as a full time pro.

We have now lost 3 in a lot of games. We could (should) have won more of them imo.

Fortune favours the brave.

We need to be more brave

Not sure what you mean with the bit in bold chris, we drew 0-0 today.
Posted by: aaron rattray, April 21, 2012, 9:02pm; Reply: 4
Their goalie was a girl private, who saw me?
Posted by: wigworld, April 21, 2012, 9:05pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from aaron rattray
Their goalie was a girl private, who saw me?

I didn't know you were a goalie, Aaron.

Posted by: psgmariner, April 21, 2012, 9:09pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Marinerz93

Saying we are not losing many games. Only 3 defeats in X amount of games. A good thing.
Posted by: BIGChris, April 21, 2012, 9:15pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Marinerz93

I am aware of the score. I was simply saying that although we have lost only 3 in 30 games or whatever it is, we could and should have won more of them with more ambition. Too many drawn games of late
Posted by: Garth, April 21, 2012, 9:28pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from BIGChris

I am aware of the score. I was simply saying that although we have lost only 3 in 30 games or whatever it is, we could and should have won more of them with more ambition. Too many drawn games of late

How do you translate ambition on a football pitch Chris, not being funny but if the players are not good enough no amount of ambition can change a result, now if you are talking about ambition in the board room and the managers office, now those two areas can change results ie better players and team selection and tactics
Posted by: Marinerz93, April 21, 2012, 10:27pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from BIGChris

I see what your saying now and I agree we should have turned more of those draws into wins.  It's the start of the season that bodged us up, good runs always come to an end at some point it's how you recover.  We aren't strong enough but we have a relatively young side who will learn from this season.
Posted by: SlouchyMetal, April 21, 2012, 11:02pm; Reply: 10
lost 14 games in all competitions so far this season. really impressive
Posted by: we will return, April 21, 2012, 11:12pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from SlouchyMetal

Yeah but 3 defeats in the last 28 league games (I think) isn't bad.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 21, 2012, 11:14pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from SlouchyMetal

And 10 of those were in the first 3 months. One thing we all agree on is that the team has improved alot throughout the season.
Posted by: acko338, April 21, 2012, 11:29pm; Reply: 13
Didn't beat the higher teams in the league!

If you don't win those games you don't progress past the top 8 or so !

Toughen up the midfield for next year, some improvement, but not enough!!
Posted by: Abdul19, April 21, 2012, 11:55pm; Reply: 14
Only won 2 in 13.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 22, 2012, 7:38pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Abdul19
Only won 2 in 13.

Gateshead, Hayes and Forest Green?
Posted by: Abdul19, April 22, 2012, 7:42pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from GrimRob

Gateshead, Hayes and Forest Green?

Oh yeah, my inability to count! 3 in 13.

16 points out of 39 anyway.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 22, 2012, 7:54pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Abdul19

16 points out of 39 anyway.

But we've played Fleetwood, York, Luton, Wrexham, Gateshead and Kidderminster during that time.

It's the start that cost us. We'll be closer to the play-offs next season if we maintain the current form. The biggest worry though is how far we are off the top spot. 40 points last season (as I recall), and over 30 this one. Getting to the play-offs is a success of sorts but you'd need to get to 3 before you had better than a 50% chance of being successful in them! Our best hope is 3 up 3 down is introduced!
Posted by: Abdul19, April 22, 2012, 7:58pm; Reply: 18
True, but we've also played Tamworth twice, Braintree, Darlington and Telford (although this was irrelevant).
Posted by: Marinerz93, April 22, 2012, 10:27pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Abdul19
True, but we've also played Tamworth twice, Braintree, Darlington and Telford (although this was irrelevant).

;D
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 23, 2012, 9:35am; Reply: 20
Quoted from GrimRob

But we've played Fleetwood, York, Luton, Wrexham, Gateshead and Kidderminster during that time.It's the start that cost us. We'll be closer to the play-offs next season if we maintain the current form. The biggest worry though is how far we are off the top spot. 40 points last season (as I recall), and over 30 this one. Getting to the play-offs is a success of sorts but you'd need to get to 3 before you had better than a 50% chance of being successful in them! Our best hope is 3 up 3 down is introduced!

If we are to even dream of the play-offs let alone the top spot, surely we have to be beating the teams above us.

And as someone has mentioned above and as I mentioned last week our current from would see us nearer a relegation spot than the play-offs.

Posted by: BIGChris, April 23, 2012, 9:51am; Reply: 21
Form over a short period is irrelevant.  I am a great believer that the table tells the truth over the whole season.

That makes us a million miles away from automatic promotion, a bit short of the play offs and an upper mid table team.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 23, 2012, 11:03am; Reply: 22
Quoted from BIGChris

That makes us a million miles away from automatic promotion, a bit short of the play offs and an upper mid table team.

I believe I have been saying the same thing for the past two seasons but some of the stupidly blind or absolute naive on here seem to think otherwise.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 23, 2012, 1:32pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from arryarryarry

If we are to even dream of the play-offs let alone the top spot, surely we have to be beating the teams above us.

And as someone has mentioned above and as I mentioned last week our current from would see us nearer a relegation spot than the play-offs.

Not so sure we're that "bad".....currently undefeated in April and that's with three away games in there!  ;)

Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 10:15am