Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 3, 2012, 10:19pm
2 centre backs on the bench today but no Bradley Wood.

Was he injured ?

Just seems a bit strange he wouldn't be on the bench if he wasn't.

Posted by: foreverloyal72, March 3, 2012, 10:24pm; Reply: 1
Bradley is fit for selection
Posted by: we will return, March 3, 2012, 10:26pm; Reply: 2
Thinking the same thing, I thought he'd have been a good player to have in the team today to try a match Braintrees physical style. I saw that he was sat at the front of the press box with Elding, Makofo and Jamie Green.
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 3, 2012, 10:28pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from foreverloyal72

That's what I thought.
Oh well we'll see what happens...
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 3, 2012, 10:31pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from we will return
Thinking the same thing, I thought he'd have been a good player to have in the team today to try a match Braintrees physical style. I saw that he was sat at the front of the press box with Elding, Makofo and Jamie Green.

Well it's good to know he was there.

Maybe it comes down to who does well in training or something, who knows.

Posted by: Les Brechin, March 3, 2012, 10:33pm; Reply: 5
I would say the reason why Southwell was on the bench ahead of Wood is that S&H wanted more attacking options on the bench with us being at home. If Wood had been on the bench then the only attacking option would have been KHM.
Posted by: davmariner, March 3, 2012, 10:33pm; Reply: 6
Jamie Green???
Posted by: wigworld, March 3, 2012, 10:33pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from davmariner
Jamie Green???

Not in our squad any more.
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 3, 2012, 10:35pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Les Brechin
I would say the reason why Southwell was on the bench ahead of Wood is that S&H wanted more attacking options on the bench with us being at home. If Wood had been on the bench then the only attacking option would have been KHM.

Yeah but why do we need 2 centre backs on the bench Les ?

Posted by: davmariner, March 3, 2012, 10:47pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from wigworld

Not in our squad any more.

That's my point, the poster above mentioned Jamie Green...
Posted by: we will return, March 3, 2012, 10:51pm; Reply: 10
Yes, he was sat with Elding, Serge and Wood, not saying he's back in the squad he was probably just watching.
Posted by: Tommy, March 3, 2012, 11:22pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Les Brechin

If Wood had been on the bench today it would have been instead of Garner of I'Anson, not as well as them.

I too thought/assumed Wood had some kind of knock as surely there's no need for two centre backs on a subs bench of 5.
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), March 4, 2012, 2:57am; Reply: 12
Guess it must be something like that Tommy.
Wasn't trying to create any conspiracy just wondered if anyone knew anything - whatever the reason I'd guess it's probably no big deal.

Posted by: aldi_01, March 4, 2012, 7:05am; Reply: 13
May be they just didn't pick him. Did we miss him? Not really. Silk has been excellent since he came back in and in all honesty, on reflection we did very little wrong yesterday. On another day we would've won 3/4-1.

Look at it as a positive, we are having to leave players out because the whole squad is worthy of a place, well, except for serge him...
Posted by: aaron rattray, March 4, 2012, 7:26am; Reply: 14
my dad was talking to his dad and his dad said that he hasnt been selected due to personal problems however im not prepared to share what they are because my dad promised his dad he wouldnt tell anyone
Posted by: gobby, March 4, 2012, 9:19am; Reply: 15
Quoted from aaron rattray
my dad was talking to his dad and his dad said that he hasnt been selected due to personal problems however im not prepared to share what they are because my dad promised his dad he wouldnt tell anyone

Golden. 8)
UTMM
Posted by: voice of reason, March 4, 2012, 10:04am; Reply: 16

Great stuff... Your dad promised not to tell ANYONE but told YOU...  ??)
Posted by: davmariner, March 4, 2012, 11:05am; Reply: 17

What a load of bollox!
Posted by: cleemaddog, March 4, 2012, 11:08am; Reply: 18
I refer back to my Mis-spelt post about 3 weeks ago. Rumours about him assisting police with their enquiries. Don't know what for. But from a reliable source.
Posted by: GtfcGarner, March 4, 2012, 11:53am; Reply: 19
Reason was S&H blamed Bradley for the goal last week as i had a few words with him. The goal came from Serges side and then it must of been Bradleys man who scored. He got blamed for not putting 100% in which in all fairness he does alot of doggies running after the ball.
Posted by: Rick12, March 4, 2012, 12:44pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from foreverloyal72
hope can forge a career with us    love the attitude and commitment he shows when he puts on the shirt

Posted by: aaron rattray, March 4, 2012, 12:49pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from davmariner

What a load of bollox!

i don lie. people who lie are girl privates
Posted by: Lorenyounge30, March 4, 2012, 7:01pm; Reply: 22
Brad is fine and able to play games just s&h choose to leave him out! - they best be careful or he could be on loan! :)
Posted by: Lorenyounge30, March 4, 2012, 7:05pm; Reply: 23

Id love to know what personal problems me and brad are having too????
Posted by: aaron rattray, March 4, 2012, 7:17pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Lorenyounge30

Id love to know what personal problems me and brad are having too????

i shall PM you
Posted by: Lorenyounge30, March 4, 2012, 7:19pm; Reply: 25

i shall PM you

Ok
Posted by: Billybigbollox, March 4, 2012, 7:22pm; Reply: 26
Simple Mr Wood got suspended Silk was there waiting to step in and he has not put a foot wrong ......So he will have to wait for loss of form or ban etc .......
Posted by: 2075 (Guest), March 4, 2012, 7:24pm; Reply: 27

Then you sir, are the biggest girl private around.
Posted by: newfootballer, March 4, 2012, 7:33pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Reason was S&H blamed Bradley for the goal last week as i had a few words with him. The goal came from Serges side and then it must of been Bradleys man who scored. He got blamed for not putting 100% in which in all fairness he does alot of doggies running after the ball.

Well first I would question that Bradley Wood even spoke to you in the first place, but if your remarks are true and he has repeated to you about the two Managers having blamed him for a goal scored against Town.
That is confidential talk only spoke about in the dressing room.
Are you sure that Bradley Wood said these remarks.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Posted by: acko338, March 4, 2012, 7:38pm; Reply: 29
When all of the squad are fit, then someone is outside the 16 chosen - this should make them work really hard in training to impress to get their place back - look how long Silk was out of the side, now he's in pole position, and only due to a suspension !

Is Elding going to jump back into the attack on Tuesday??........ damn right he will, he was badly missed on Saturday !

Duffy back down to the bench, another of that 16 to drop down ! That's how it works !
Posted by: Billybigbollox, March 4, 2012, 7:40pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from acko338
When all of the squad are fit, then someone is outside the 16 chosen - this should make them work really hard in training to impress to get their place back - look how long Silk was out of the side, now he's in pole position, and only due to a suspension !

Is Elding going to jump back into the attack on Tuesday??........ damn right he will, he was badly missed on Saturday !

Duffy back down to the bench, another of that 16 to drop down ! That's how it works !

Agree totally with you
Posted by: Super Clive, March 4, 2012, 8:11pm; Reply: 31
So rattray is PM-ing Brads misses.....I hope you can run Aaron  ;D

brad is by far my favourite player, he will get his chance again, dont forget its getting warmer and silk is ginger.  8)
Posted by: Tommy, March 4, 2012, 8:36pm; Reply: 32
Silk was excellent yesterday and there's no doubt deserves his place in the team.

I don't think anyone on this thread is debating that. The point being made is that he should probably be on the bench, as having 2 centre-backs on the bench when we can only name 5, is a bit of a waste of 1 sub.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 4, 2012, 8:45pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Tommy
Silk was excellent yesterday and there's no doubt deserves his place in the team.

I don't think anyone on this thread is debating that. The point being made is that he should probably be on the bench, as having 2 centre-backs on the bench when we can only name 5, is a bit of a waste of 1 sub.

Centre backs lost us the game last time so perhaps the duo intelligently chose to have plenty of option there for this one and the expected physical approach.
Posted by: jimbo22, March 4, 2012, 8:50pm; Reply: 34
Bradley Wood is an alright player, but still has a lot of faults to his game and you can see why others are ahead of him in the tea at present. He gives to many daft free kicks away for a start and can often get caught out of position. Just hope he takes this time of his career to look at the more experienced players like silk and miller and learn his trade and in a couple of years can be a great asset for the club.

On the point of Jaime Green, if he can prove his fitness id love to have him back, him and young townsend give us get balance down the left hand side of the pitch.
Posted by: Total Football, March 4, 2012, 8:59pm; Reply: 35
jamie green looked like he'd bulked up abit. will have a tough pre season to get some match fitness back, but will be a great addition next season.
Posted by: kevikov, March 4, 2012, 10:23pm; Reply: 36

I can keep a secret, it the people i tell who can't.  ;D

Posted by: Doubled, March 5, 2012, 9:15am; Reply: 37
If he is having personal problems lets wish him the best. I like the way he plays, I will be glad to see him back, sooner rather than later.
Posted by: Lorenyounge30, March 5, 2012, 12:10pm; Reply: 38
We have no personal problems! As many know anyway our son was in hospital that was over 6 weeks ago! So Brads able to play they just can't see him in the team ATM!
Posted by: voice of reason, March 5, 2012, 12:19pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Lorenyounge30
We have no personal problems! As many know anyway our son was in hospital that was over 6 weeks ago! So Brads able to play they just can't see him in the team ATM!

Loren, don't keep replying it's nothing to do with anyone on here... Yours and Brads private life is just that, private... Tell him to keep his head up, he'll get his chance soon enough...
Posted by: Lorenyounge30, March 5, 2012, 12:27pm; Reply: 40
I feel as if I have to put people right as to why he's not playing! I sit here and read some utter crap about him helping police ect I shouldn't reply but I can't help myself haha! He's a tough one so his head is held high! Thank you x
Posted by: mariner83, March 5, 2012, 12:30pm; Reply: 41
It's a shame that Brad's fiancée feels she has to come on here and try and set things straight because some Michael Barrymore wannabe with nowt better to do wants to try and impress (not sure if that's the right word) the other posters on here with idle gossip.

Hope Brad gets back into the team soon, one of my fave players always gives 100%.
Posted by: Lorenyounge30, March 5, 2012, 12:35pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from mariner83
It's a shame that Brad's fiancée feels she has to come on here and try and set things straight because some Michael Barrymore wannabe with nowt better to do wants to try and impress (not sure if that's the right word) the other posters on here with idle gossip.

Hope Brad gets back into the team soon, one of my fave players always gives 100%.

Thanks! All your comments about him giving 100% keeps him on track! :) its just a hard situation for him to be in right now! X
Posted by: Maringer, March 5, 2012, 1:45pm; Reply: 43
Any professional footballer would be well-advised to completely ignore anything written on internet messageboards, as most of it is tripe.

Football fans tend to be passionate, but that doesn't mean that they have a clue. Plenty of trolls around posting crap just trying to get any response as well so Bradley and the other players would be better off just ignoring thefishy and using their time more productively.
Posted by: Doubled, March 5, 2012, 1:49pm; Reply: 44
Lets have him back in the team soon!  ALWAYS  100% from Brad!
Posted by: BlackBoots, March 5, 2012, 2:06pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Maringer
Any professional footballer (and ex chairmen)would be well-advised to completely ignore anything written on internet messageboards, as most of it is tripe.

Football fans tend to be passionate, but that doesn't mean that they have a clue. Plenty of trolls around posting crap just trying to get any response as well so Bradley and the other players (and ex chairmen) would be better off just ignoring thefishy and using their time more productively.

;)
Posted by: Maringer, March 5, 2012, 3:06pm; Reply: 46
Goes without saying!
Posted by: Lorenyounge30, March 5, 2012, 4:18pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Maringer
Any professional footballer would be well-advised to completely ignore anything written on internet messageboards, as most of it is tripe.

Football fans tend to be passionate, but that doesn't mean that they have a clue. Plenty of trolls around posting crap just trying to get any response as well so Bradley and the other players would be better off just ignoring thefishy and using their time more productively.

Good job I don't play football!
Posted by: mrsd, March 5, 2012, 10:22pm; Reply: 48
Hope Brad is back soon. On a positive note for the team though, it is a change to have players who can come in and do a reasonable job when players are injured/suspended. We haven't had that luxury for quite some time.
UTM
Posted by: Maringer, March 6, 2012, 8:21am; Reply: 49
Heck, we haven't had first choice players who could come in and do a reasonable job for some time!  :)
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 11:50pm