Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, February 18, 2012, 6:07pm
Last night that we beat Wrexham 3-0 in the play-off final... Very weird, was just like being there! Coulson scored our second with a nice header, don't recall the other 2 goals!

Just thought I'd share!

UTMM!

Posted by: upthestripes, February 18, 2012, 6:26pm; Reply: 1
The first was an Elding volley, I was there but you wouldn't have seen me.
The third one was scored by Fenty, who came on wearing a tutu. Afterwards it was unanimously voted 'most erotic goal of the season'.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, February 18, 2012, 6:29pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from upthestripes
The first was an Elding volley, I was there but you wouldn't have seen me.
The third one was scored by Fenty, who came on wearing a tutu. Afterwards it was unanimously voted 'most erotic goal of the season'.

Aahh yes now it's all coming back!
Posted by: upthestripes, February 18, 2012, 6:34pm; Reply: 3
The only thing I hope you're wrong about is the team, I'd rather we knocked Fleetwood out in the final. Would be at least twice as sweet.
Posted by: SlouchyMetal, February 18, 2012, 6:40pm; Reply: 4
im sure i was there as well, and Rob Scott magically didnt swear.....
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, February 18, 2012, 6:44pm; Reply: 5
In the summer of 1992 I had a very vivid dream that Grimsby would beat Luton 4-1. I banged on and on about it for about 3 months. We played Luton and indeed won 4-1 with a Groves hattrick. My dad has never forgiven himself for not putting money on it! It remains the "spookiest" thing to ever happen to me. Let's hope yours is another vision from the footballing gods.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, February 18, 2012, 7:16pm; Reply: 6
Let's flipping hope so... I agree that it would be much sweeter beating cheateood, but to be honest I would take beating anyone to get out of this hell hole of a league!
Posted by: mariner91, February 18, 2012, 7:52pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from SlouchyMetal
im sure i was there as well, and Rob Scott magically didnt swear.....

Think your subconscious has a swear filter then.
Posted by: SlouchyMetal, February 18, 2012, 7:56pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from mariner91

Think your subconscious has a swear filter then.

most likely :/
Posted by: grimps, February 18, 2012, 7:56pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from upthestripes
The only thing I hope you're wrong about is the team, I'd rather we knocked Fleetwood out in the final. Would be at least twice as sweet.

Id prefer Wrexham or Luton in the final ,we need to get a club thats going to take a few fans to help fill our coffers.A Grimsby -Luton final would probably be watched by 60000
Posted by: we will return, February 18, 2012, 8:01pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from grimps

Id prefer Wrexham or Luton in the final ,we need to get a club thats going to take a few fans to help fill our coffers.A Grimsby -Luton final would probably be watched by 60000

Agree and your probably about right with that figure, there were 56000 when we played Mk dons and both Luton and Wrexham would probably take more than they did and it's a bigger game than the paint trophy final.
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 2:02pm