utm
Posted by: logan412, October 21, 2011, 7:54pm; Reply: 2
shakey start :$
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 21, 2011, 7:54pm; Reply: 3
Not much atmosphere there by the sounds of things  :-/
Posted by: logan412, October 21, 2011, 7:58pm; Reply: 4
midfield not in this game whatsoever so far..................worrying
Posted by: logan412, October 21, 2011, 8:01pm; Reply: 5
do you think theyve been watching ridley play and expected him to play?? Lots of cross field balls to the LB position. Wood doing well i think
Posted by: bobbyturtle, October 21, 2011, 8:04pm; Reply: 6
good effort hearn
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 21, 2011, 8:05pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from logan412
midfield not in this game whatsoever so far..................worrying

Are you watching the game on tv ?
Posted by: logan412, October 21, 2011, 8:06pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Are you watching the game on tv ?

yes mate
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 21, 2011, 8:09pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from logan412

yes mate

It does not sound to entertaining,im listening at work mate,lets hope we create something soon.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, October 21, 2011, 8:14pm; Reply: 10
Will RH just intercourse off with not having us on the online site and playing shite music instead. Second time this week!!!
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, October 21, 2011, 8:18pm; Reply: 11
haha did you just hear Forrester's opinion of Makofo!!!! What a shocking player!
Posted by: logan412, October 21, 2011, 8:18pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from cmackenzie4

It does not sound to entertaining,im listening at work mate,lets hope we create something soon.

not great, being un done by lutons width so far, slowly coming into it though...................
Posted by: logan412, October 21, 2011, 8:21pm; Reply: 13
so inept on the ball its unreal...................hesitate when in posesion then end up hoofing it. Really not promising at all im afraid
Posted by: DarleyGY, October 21, 2011, 8:28pm; Reply: 14
The passing is truly awful, even seemingly easy balls end up a few yards wider of their intended target.

Does nobody at Grimsby have any technical skill whatsoever? It's pass, hoof, pass, hoof, fail at knocking it past someone, repeat from start. Truly woeful football.
Posted by: logan412, October 21, 2011, 8:29pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
haha did you just hear Forrester's opinion of Makofo!!!! What a shocking player!

you woudnt believe he's a pro player on this showing.....................surely its time Eagle got his chance at a run in the team??
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 21, 2011, 8:32pm; Reply: 16
That 1st half sounded very poor.
Posted by: psgmariner, October 21, 2011, 8:33pm; Reply: 17
Oh dear that was terrible.

Luton look like they know what they are doing.
Posted by: 2075 (Guest), October 21, 2011, 8:34pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from cmackenzie4
That 1st half sounded very poor.

It looked it too, and it's cold... Oh so cold..
Posted by: RoboCod, October 21, 2011, 8:34pm; Reply: 19
Luton much better shape and passing, but I did thin we were tightening up on them a little better towards the end of the half. Hearn is being starved of any chances though.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 21, 2011, 8:36pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from 2075

It looked it too, and it's cold... Oh so cold..

Lets hope it improves in the 2nd half for you Bullitt and town nick a win, enjoy the game mate  :)
Posted by: davmariner, October 21, 2011, 8:36pm; Reply: 21
It's been all Luton; it's so frustrating; we're playing too many long balls and not retaining possession. When we get it we hoof it long and Luton just pick the ball up and go forward again. Must say say Kempson has been superb and I'Anson is playing well also.
Posted by: wodewick, October 21, 2011, 8:37pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from logan412
shakey start :$

middle and finish of first half
Posted by: ginnywings, October 21, 2011, 8:37pm; Reply: 23
Shocking performance so far.Second to every loose ball.Woeful passing and the big boot to no one.

Miles away from being a decent side.
Posted by: cardiffmariner, October 21, 2011, 8:39pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from DarleyGY
The passing is truly awful, even seemingly easy balls end up a few yards wider of their intended target.

Does nobody at Grimsby have any technical skill whatsoever? It's pass, hoof, pass, hoof, fail at knocking it past someone, repeat from start. Truly woeful football.

Spot on I'm afraid.  Such a gulf in class its embarrassing.  A thoroughly depressing half to watch and anyone who thinks that team is an improvement on the one Woods put out against Luton last season is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Hope they'll make me eat my words but currently I'd be surprised if this team finish in the top half of the table, regardless of the next 45 minutes, there are too many weaknesses around the whole team.

Progress?  I don't think so.
Posted by: 2075 (Guest), October 21, 2011, 8:41pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Lets hope it improves in the 2nd half for you Bullitt and town nick a win, enjoy the game mate  :)

I reckon we can nick it and I will shat myself to warm myself up UTM!
Posted by: brad_gtfc, October 21, 2011, 8:43pm; Reply: 26
Kempsons being fantastic, as has I'anson.

Luton bossing it, they're midfield is far superior. There whole team is so comfortable on the ball, suppose thats the confidence side.

We're just hoofing it down the middle, at least put it in the corners and turn them around.
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), October 21, 2011, 8:43pm; Reply: 27
I thought it was a fair 1st half performance.

Under the kosh but soild at the back - Kempson's been everywhere and a couple of good saves from McKeown.

Posssesion hasn't been the greatest(bit too tippy tappy) but we do look a threat when we go forwards.

I predict Luton to run out ideas 2nd half and a 1-0 Town victory.   :)
Posted by: davmariner, October 21, 2011, 8:44pm; Reply: 28
It is depressing I agree. The lack of quality we have is very worrying indeed.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, October 21, 2011, 8:48pm; Reply: 29
DarleyGY is that Jennie?
Posted by: logan412, October 21, 2011, 9:02pm; Reply: 30
thank the lord serge is off, was terrible tonight. hope eagle does well
Posted by: psgmariner, October 21, 2011, 9:05pm; Reply: 31
Karl Pilkington is on Sky....
Posted by: gary_elton, October 21, 2011, 9:07pm; Reply: 32
watchin it.... good old Karl
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 21, 2011, 9:15pm; Reply: 33
Oh dear  :-/
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 21, 2011, 9:15pm; Reply: 34
WHAT THE intercourse WAS THAT!!!!!!!!! urine POOR AND IT HAD TO BE flipping TOMMY WRIGHT!!!!!!
Posted by: grandmaster, October 21, 2011, 9:18pm; Reply: 35
Tommy Wright FFS ...Was waiting to watch the walking dead on fx..Think i am already looking at them
Posted by: tintowner, October 21, 2011, 9:19pm; Reply: 36
It was in the script that he would score against us.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 21, 2011, 9:21pm; Reply: 37
no i dont facking like it so didnt facking go you cockney twit intercourse off and take that yorkie midget with you.

this is urine poor.
Posted by: grandmaster, October 21, 2011, 9:23pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from jonnyboy82
no i dont facking like it so didnt facking go you cockney twit intercourse off and take that yorkie midget with you.

this is urine poor.

If this was on face book .I would press LIKE
Posted by: logan412, October 21, 2011, 9:27pm; Reply: 39
This is truly terrible, there is no pace, technical ability, set piece know how...........................has Newell snook back in the building??
Posted by: logan412, October 21, 2011, 9:28pm; Reply: 40
on a plus note, i think wood & i'anson have slotted into the defence brilliantly
Posted by: psgmariner, October 21, 2011, 9:29pm; Reply: 41
I still don't rate Wood. Just runs around and dives in (see his pointless booking).

Him and Coulson flatter to decieve.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 21, 2011, 9:30pm; Reply: 42
This is very depressing,looking like 3 losses within a week,the commentary are saying we are not interested,no urgency,no belief  :-/
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 21, 2011, 9:31pm; Reply: 43
a substitution 15 minutes to late..

clueless absolutely flipping clueless,come back woods all is forgiven :B
Posted by: logan412, October 21, 2011, 9:33pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from psgmariner
I still don't rate Wood. Just runs around and dives in (see his pointless booking).

Him and Coulson flatter to decieve.

no being done for pace every cross ball like ridley though.

Agree with coulson though, just doesnt look interested, half hearted nearly. Add church to that too. thought he was meant to be the next big thing at BP. Seen him 4 or 5 times now and hes technically awful
Posted by: trawlerboy, October 21, 2011, 9:33pm; Reply: 45
two words - 'absolute junk'
Posted by: ginnywings, October 21, 2011, 9:34pm; Reply: 46
How pathetic do you have to be to let Tommy Wright score?

Luton haven't kept a clean sheet for 8 games but not broke sweat tonight.

We are fooking dire and for the first time in my life supporting Town,i'm glad i didn't go.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 21, 2011, 9:34pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from logan412

no being done for pace every cross ball like ridley though.

Agree with coulson though, just doesnt look interested, half hearted nearly. Add church to that too. thought he was meant to be the next big thing at BP. Seen him 4 or 5 times now and hes technically awful

church is an imposter on a football pitch.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, October 21, 2011, 9:35pm; Reply: 48
Maybe it's just long summer syndrome but ten weeks ago I thought we'd be right up there with the players we've signed but we're fecking light years behind the other teams
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 21, 2011, 9:36pm; Reply: 49
:'(
Posted by: mothafunda, October 21, 2011, 9:36pm; Reply: 50
dog turd
Posted by: psgmariner, October 21, 2011, 9:36pm; Reply: 51
Wow, wake up call!

Relegation scrap ahead I fear.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 21, 2011, 9:37pm; Reply: 52
10 defeats already looking more like relegation than play offs.

Not come close to beating a side at the top.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, October 21, 2011, 9:37pm; Reply: 53
poorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Posted by: logan412, October 21, 2011, 9:37pm; Reply: 54
3 defeats in a week and 3 woeful displays. Just not acceptable
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 21, 2011, 9:38pm; Reply: 55
commentary saying we can not even do the basics,very worrying indeed  :-/
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 21, 2011, 9:38pm; Reply: 56
If we had a chairman, he would sack the managers,

Bring back woods.!!!
Posted by: brad_gtfc, October 21, 2011, 9:39pm; Reply: 57
Poor, very poor. No confidence or belief.

Duffy won everything when he came on, could've done with him from the start.

Off the pace in midfield.

Serge is awful.

Back 4 was much better tonight.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, October 21, 2011, 9:40pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from logan412
3 defeats in a week and 3 woeful displays. Just not acceptable

Two bad displays, not three. We played well at York.

Posted by: davmariner, October 21, 2011, 9:40pm; Reply: 59
Seems that everyone around the club from top to bottom is clueless, bar the groundsman.
Posted by: Meza, October 21, 2011, 9:41pm; Reply: 60
from what i saw we gave away possesion far too cheaply playing no hope balls in areas were none of our players are.  now break aways from midfield everyone stood still waiting for the ball.....clearly a bad night for us.
Posted by: big_mozzer, October 21, 2011, 9:44pm; Reply: 61
Worst i have probably ever seen town player, absolute embarrassing. Just so depressing to think 10 years ago the other week we was top of division one. Sad times, and this is the first time really i have been down and negative on the team because i thought we would improve match by match.  
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 21, 2011, 9:44pm; Reply: 62

we lost.
Posted by: Meza, October 21, 2011, 9:47pm; Reply: 63
yeah i agree you could see some of the players not prepared to take players on or move into space to create openings.....i hope for some loan players i really do.  
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, October 21, 2011, 9:47pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from jonnyboy82

we lost.

Really? excrement, why did no-one bother to tell me?

I know. We did not play badly though, counter to what the original poster said.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, October 21, 2011, 9:47pm; Reply: 65
MAKOFO  

WHAT A LOAD OF TOSH !!  HOW CAN THE Boston Stranglers have in the team !!! waste of a player .............................bloody awlful
Posted by: upthestripes, October 21, 2011, 9:48pm; Reply: 66
It's really, really, really, really, really hard to be a town fan.
Friday night feckin ruined.
Maybe some of us got carried away with how we'd do, but could anyone have expected we'd be quite this bad?
Posted by: fleabag1970, October 21, 2011, 9:49pm; Reply: 67
first time ive seen this pile of excrement this season!!! Coulson/Hearn/Duffy look ok!!! the rest are just fuckin' shite!!!!! if we finish 5th bottom we will do well!!!!! UTM You gotta be proud Fenty!!!
Posted by: psgmariner, October 21, 2011, 9:50pm; Reply: 68
intercourse em.

Karl Pilkington on tv and loads of beer in the fridge.
Posted by: RoboCod, October 21, 2011, 9:52pm; Reply: 69
What an awful, awful second half of football. Even Luton dropped to our standard in the second half, yet still managed to score and control the game. Eagle's free kick, couldn't even lift it never mind find a Town head. Has he got the leg muscles of a sparrow? Wood's free kick, floated straight into the arms of the keeper. I just cannot believe the standard of free kicks ALL season. I agree about Church, an absolute imposter of a player. Eagle and Makofo right behind him. Defensively we looked much better in the centre but what's the point if you just keep lumping it and creating another attack for the opposition.

I know there's no money but playing the remainder of the season with Church and Makofo/Eagle (and a few other usual suspects) will see us hanging somewhere around the bottom 8 forever.
Posted by: fulham gy, October 21, 2011, 9:59pm; Reply: 70
Did not go to the game but from what I read a horrific performance. 3 defeats on the bounce and no idea how to sort it.

I have always thought serge was shite and the full backs not much better. Surely an opportunity to blood a few of the younger boys?

plus I lost a tenner to a Luton fan from work
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 21, 2011, 10:05pm; Reply: 71
I have seen a few games now and my thoughts are,

Shouty shouts a lot but nobody takes any notice of him,

Shorty, no idea what he does,

Players apart from Wood, Hearn,Coulson, Disley have been very poor even at this level most of the season,

SACK THE CHAIRMAN, MANAGERS AND MOST OF THE OTHER PLAYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring in, a Chairman who knows what he is doing,

A manager that can get the players to play for him,

AND

Finally players who have a bit of talent whom want to play for Grimsby Town,

FROM

A piS* ed  off town fan who has drunk too much wine watching a crap side for the second time in 3 days. (hang)
Posted by: fulham gy, October 21, 2011, 10:10pm; Reply: 72
Pretty bored with all of this excrement now. I can not think of one player who I think is fit to say is a good player or to wear the shirt. People say Disley - not for me, kempson/coulson no. Hearn maybe.

What the XXXX do we do?

Bored of talking to people about where we used to be etc etc.

Buckley back.
Posted by: davmariner, October 21, 2011, 10:16pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have seen a few games now and my thoughts are,

Shouty shouts a lot but nobody takes any notice of him,

Shorty, no idea what he does,

Players apart from Wood, Hearn,Coulson, Disley have been very poor even at this level most of the season,

SACK THE CHAIRMAN, MANAGERS AND MOST OF THE OTHER PLAYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring in, a Chairman who knows what he is doing,

A manager that can get the players to play for him,

AND

Finally players who have a bit of talent whom want to play for Grimsby Town,

FROM

A piS* ed  off town fan who has drunk too much wine watching a crap side for the second time in 3 days. (hang)

Agree with what you're saying Pete, although I'm beginning to question whether Coulson is even good enough.
Posted by: logan412, October 21, 2011, 10:18pm; Reply: 74

Did we really though? We sat back and they passed it round us like they were barca
Posted by: psgmariner, October 21, 2011, 10:18pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from davmariner

Agree with what you're saying Pete, although I'm beginning to question whether Coulson is even good enough.

Me too, has been shocking this season and other than that has been a consistent member of the worst GTFC squad ever.
Posted by: AndyGTFC, October 21, 2011, 10:36pm; Reply: 76
Just realised that nobody has even posted a just back thread. Boy, interest is low at the minute...

Anyway, yeah, that was very poor. It was a poor game with a real lack of quality in show from everyone. We lost to a side that in all honestly, didn't impress me very much either. I've seen the majority of the sides at the top now and York look by far the best. None of the others look all that great and that makes it even more frustrating. Offensively, we did next to nothing.

I'll try and end on a one positive though and that is that I thought we did defend quite well tonight. Admittedly, the defence didn't have to wave off attack after attack but they were solid.  I'Anson and Wood both came in and did a good job. They certainly gave us a bit more pace back there.
Posted by: Lord Cutler Beckett, October 21, 2011, 11:27pm; Reply: 77
Decided to take in your game as I'm fairly local and as most of your players have donned the Amber and Black at some point in their career.

Don't really know what to say really, it was poor, and not at all what I'd expect from a Shouty and Shorty side.  There was no hurry, urgency or passion.  It almost felt like the players had lost it in their heads before the game kicked off and didn't give anywhere near the shift I'd expect.

What has happened to Church, when he left us he covered every blade of grass, every game and would run through brick walls to change a game that wasn't going his way.  Tonight he barely moved from the middle and shyed away from some 50/50's.  He was like a different player, it all looked completely un-natural.
Posted by: Meza, October 21, 2011, 11:33pm; Reply: 78
We really are cursed lol
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 22, 2011, 12:08am; Reply: 79
Decided to take in your game as I'm fairly local and as most of your players have donned the Amber and Black at some point in their career.

Don't really know what to say really, it was poor, and not at all what I'd expect from a Shouty and Shorty side.  There was no hurry, urgency or passion.  It almost felt like the players had lost it in their heads before the game kicked off and didn't give anywhere near the shift I'd expect.

What has happened to Church, when he left us he covered every blade of grass, every game and would run through brick walls to change a game that wasn't going his way.  Tonight he barely moved from the middle and shyed away from some 50/50's.  He was like a different player, it all looked completely un-natural.

Church has not had a decent game yet in my opinion.

He doesnt even look like a pro footballer - the ball seems like a foreign object to him and he doesnt seem to have the pace to get close to anyone.

Slightly better,just,than that all time great Michael Leary.  
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 22, 2011, 12:13am; Reply: 80

We were outclassed for long periods at York.They passed it around us for fun.
Posted by: lowerfindus, October 22, 2011, 12:13am; Reply: 81
Id have Mike Leary back in the side at the mo. He would have given his all and a few Luton players would have had the stud marks to show for it.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 22, 2011, 11:25am; Reply: 82
Quoted from lowerfindus
Id have Mike Leary back in the side at the mo. He would have given his all and a few Luton players would have had the stud marks to show for it.

Alan Pouton for me anyday  ;)
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), February 18, 2012, 4:18pm; Reply: 83
Think you are all over reacting to be honest. We are not that bad are we ? ;)
Posted by: lukeo, February 18, 2012, 4:33pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from 1739
Think you are all over reacting to be honest. We are not that bad are we ? ;)

You sad sad man for trawling through for this  ;)

*EDIT* This is my 1st post on this thread, I always try stay away from negative threads and slagging my team off when they're doing excrement :p
Posted by: coddy60, February 18, 2012, 4:52pm; Reply: 85
Time (and results) are a great healer!
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 1:45pm