Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: PhilB, September 14, 2011, 1:32pm
My apologies for the visit, but some of your 'older' supporters may find the link below of interest

http://www.stockportcounty.com/page/NewspaperArchive/0,,10419~2450565,00.html
Posted by: upthestripes, September 14, 2011, 2:36pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from PhilB
My apologies for the visit, but some of your 'older' supporters may find the link below of interest

http://www.stockportcounty.com/page/NewspaperArchive/0,,10419~2450565,00.html

I'm not an oldie (as such) but found that interesting nonetheless, thanks for postng it.
Posted by: oldun, September 14, 2011, 3:57pm; Reply: 2
Last time I went to see Town play there must have been 20 years ago and all I remember is Town lost and most of the town fans were standing in the open end and it p1ssed down all game. Oh misery
Posted by: Borbs, September 14, 2011, 8:39pm; Reply: 3
My first trip was in the McMenemy promotion year won 2 - 0 I think some bloke on crutches threw them away and Town fans singing Laura Mac makes miracles. Plus several coaches had windows put in by County fans. The open end was a mud bank with railway sleepers great in the rain.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, September 14, 2011, 9:19pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from oldun
Last time I went to see Town play there must have been 20 years ago and all I remember is Town lost and most of the town fans were standing in the open end and it p1ssed down all game. Oh misery

Are you sure - I was at a game there in the rain 21 yrs ago and we won 4-2 in the 4th division promotion season? We were 2-0 up then at 2-2. Diddy Gilbert scored a beaut. Stockport didn't go up so I can only think it was that game. Maybe we lost their the season before which was the Harry Haddock cup run season?

Posted by: moosey_club, September 14, 2011, 10:00pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Are you sure - I was at a game there in the rain 21 yrs ago and we won 4-2 in the 4th division promotion season? We were 2-0 up then at 2-2. Diddy Gilbert scored a beaut. Stockport didn't go up so I can only think it was that game. Maybe we lost their the season before which was the Harry Haddock cup run season?

Around Big Keiths time as well, think he may have scored that day unless the old grey matter is deceiving me.

Also went about 15?yrs ago. 1-1, cr@p game but we stole a point right at the death to send me home happy (ish)
Posted by: pseudonym, September 16, 2011, 6:42pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Borbs
My first trip was in the McMenemy promotion year won 2 - 0 I think some bloke on crutches threw them away and Town fans singing Laura Mac makes miracles. Plus several coaches had windows put in by County fans. The open end was a mud bank with railway sleepers great in the rain.
Wasn't it 2-1

Posted by: pseudonym, September 16, 2011, 7:50pm; Reply: 7
Apologies Borbs, it was 2-0. Brace scored both
Posted by: DJ Mera, September 17, 2011, 1:54am; Reply: 8
Noticed in the 1951/51 program that we had a W. Shankley as manager - wonder what happened to him ?
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 17, 2011, 10:48am; Reply: 9
I remember a game we won about 4-2 there and big Keith played. They tried to kick us off the pitch and ended up down to 10 men could of had even more sent off. The pitch was the usual quagmire but real end to end stuff. Think Keith scored but cant remeber even who else was in the team.
Print page generated: May 28, 2024, 5:21am