Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Classic Threads  /  
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 3:27pm
if you can really call it food that is...

i swear the day i'm allowed to take a maccy's/kfc, without it being hidden, into blundell park again, will be a day to celebrate...

rant over...
Posted by: voice of reason, April 14, 2011, 3:28pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from MarinerMatt24

i swear the day i'm allowed to take a maccy's/kfc, without it being hidden, into blundell park again, will be a day to celebrate...

rant over...

The simple solution is don't use the burger van, then you won't have to rant about it...

Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 3:29pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from voice of reason

The simple solution is don't use the burger van, then you won't have to rant about it...

i'm not...

lastnight was virtually the last time...
;)
Posted by: siy2k5, April 14, 2011, 3:31pm; Reply: 3
Can't you go a couple of hours without food?
Posted by: WELLSY_GTFC, April 14, 2011, 3:32pm; Reply: 4
I have had a cunning plan the past few weeks.

Went to the shop and got Cheese Burger flavoured crisps  ;)

Only 60p..................Compared to the actual 4 pound for a CB at BP  8)
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 3:32pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from siy2k5
Can't you go a couple of hours without food?

on a saturday afternoon maybe, but on weeknights my stomach is bottomless...
;D
Posted by: Chris, April 14, 2011, 3:36pm; Reply: 6
Why was last night's burger van experience the final straw for you?
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 3:38pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Chris
Why was last night's burger van experience the final straw for you?

got a hotdog, ate half of it, binned the rest, bloody disgusting...
Posted by: voice of reason, April 14, 2011, 3:39pm; Reply: 8

And you was surprised...???  

Have you not mentioned how poor the food was before...???
Posted by: Chris, April 14, 2011, 3:39pm; Reply: 9

But you ate half of it before realising? ;)
Posted by: marinerjase, April 14, 2011, 3:47pm; Reply: 10
Jesus wept...this thread is typical of many others of late.
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 3:52pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Chris

But you ate half of it before realising? ;)

didn't really think much, until realising both sets of tongs were in the onion tray, you ask for one without onions, and you still end up picking bits of onion off your food...
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 14, 2011, 3:53pm; Reply: 12
I would never eat from one of those vans.

Bring back the jacket spud counter!
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, April 14, 2011, 3:55pm; Reply: 13
The food is crap Matt, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Next time just leave 5 minutes before full time and pick up a Maccy's  ;) ;)
Posted by: Chris, April 14, 2011, 3:56pm; Reply: 14

didn't really think much, until realising both sets of tongs were in the onion tray, you ask for one without onions, and you still end up picking bits of onion off your food...

Just onion? ;)
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 4:02pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Lumpsleftbreast
I would never eat from one of those vans.

Bring back the jacket spud counter!

or the old kitchens, atleast the food was decent...
Posted by: AttentionSeeking, April 14, 2011, 4:06pm; Reply: 16

rant over...

Say this to their faces then! Not hide behind the keyboard.
Posted by: WELLSY_GTFC, April 14, 2011, 4:39pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from AttentionSeeking

Say this to their faces then! Not hide behind the keyboard.

;D

I'm sure he will.

Do you work in the Vans? Was it you I spoke to V Darlo about the Shite food they serve up ?
Posted by: thefish, April 14, 2011, 4:43pm; Reply: 18

rant over...

Please tell me that is sarcasm!
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 4:50pm; Reply: 19
first bit of that first post was...
;)
Posted by: AttentionSeeking, April 14, 2011, 4:58pm; Reply: 20
first bit of that first post was...
;)

No it weren't. You were serious and it back-fired.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 14, 2011, 5:02pm; Reply: 21
Maybe Scott and Hurst first summer signing should be the Kidderminster Harriers caterers.  ;D
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 5:04pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from AttentionSeeking

No it weren't. You were serious and it back-fired.

seriously, want to send me a PM and tell me what your problem with me is, or are you just a 15 year old kid antagonising a 19, soon to be 20 year old...
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 5:04pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Les Brechin
Maybe Scott and Hurst first summer signing should be the Kidderminster Harriers caterers.  ;D

i wish, missed out on their catering as i didn't go to their place...
;D
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, April 14, 2011, 5:04pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Les Brechin

They may even be able to challenge Hudson and Cummins  ;)
Posted by: AttentionSeeking, April 14, 2011, 5:10pm; Reply: 25

seriously, want to send me a PM and tell me what your problem with me is, or are you just a 15 year old kid antagonising a 19, soon to be 20 year old...

Rather not waste me time.
Posted by: aaron rattray, April 14, 2011, 5:13pm; Reply: 26
i got a beef burger yesterday and it was absoloutly disgusting it was horrible and the price was a rip off this was before the game and then i was in the family lounge as always and i was having a cola and i heard somebody say the burgers are quite nice and i choked on my cola
Posted by: tintowner, April 14, 2011, 5:25pm; Reply: 27

My 13 year old lad did exactly the same!

He normally eats anything and everything...but last night was different....he ate half of the hotdog and chucked the rest. He said it was chewy.

For my lad to bin a hotdog or burger...it must be bad.........SORT IT MR FENTY PLEASE.
Posted by: Fishfinger, April 14, 2011, 5:27pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from aaron rattray
i got a beef burger yesterday and it was absoloutly disgusting it was horrible and the price was a rip off this was before the game and then i was in the family lounge as always and i was having a cola and i heard somebody say the burgers are quite nice and i choked on my cola

quite a funny thought, that
Posted by: Megalomaniac, April 14, 2011, 5:44pm; Reply: 29
Worldn't waste my money on that crap food. I was told that one of the staff of the catering sits below view of the fans scoffing his McDonalds while paying supporters have been told not to eat McDonalds in BP. McDonalds drinks can be taken in the ground though because the stewards do.
Posted by: aaron rattray, April 14, 2011, 5:55pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Fishfinger

quite a funny thought, that

its true i was quite happy sat there drinking cola then i heard somebody say it and i spat it out and started fighting for my life
Posted by: aldi_01, April 14, 2011, 6:09pm; Reply: 31
Nothing will change regarding the burger vans as the club appear to get the pitch money up front and have no over heads as such...

The quality is shite though, but then again, aside from Kidderminster i am yet to find a football ground which has anything you could call decent food
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 6:10pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from aldi_01
Nothing will change regarding the burger vans as the club appear to get the pitch money up front and have no over heads as such...

The quality is shite though, but then again, aside from Kidderminster i am yet to find a football ground which has anything you could call decent food

southport and cambridge weren't so bad in terms of food, southport had a bit of local grub...
Posted by: pseudonym, April 14, 2011, 6:14pm; Reply: 33
Have you all ever sampled Mrs Pat's cakes on the battle bus ? Eat one and you sleep for well over 2 hours !!
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 6:15pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from pseudonym
Have you all ever sampled Mrs Pat's cakes on the battle bus ? Eat one and you sleep for well over 2 hours !!

hmm  :)

i need to talk to you about the battlebus actually...
Posted by: pseudonym, April 14, 2011, 6:16pm; Reply: 35

hmm  :)

i need to talk to you about the battlebus actually...
Is the battle bus that bad ?

Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 6:18pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from pseudonym
Is the battle bus that bad ?

i'll PM you about it...
;)
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, April 14, 2011, 6:19pm; Reply: 37
i have to say it is very rarely i buy anything from the burger vans, but last saturday i purchase a coffee that wasn't even hot and i thought for such a high price of £1.50 i thought it was a farce
Posted by: tonyfordsmicrofro, April 14, 2011, 6:25pm; Reply: 38

southport and cambridge weren't so bad in terms of food, southport had a bit of local grub...

Bloody hell Matt, I can't speak for Southport but I thought the food at Cambridge was God awful but the worst for me all season has to be Wrexham. I didn't have any scran but I did pay £1.70 for a 'brew' served from a Portakabin!? The girls behind the counter didn't even bother making it for me. They just provided the raw ingredients for making a brew and I was left to do the rest! The water wasn't even flipping tepid, let alone hot! £1 flipping 70!!!!! After a three hour drive!!!!! ILLEGITIMATES!!!!

Sorry............. I'll calm down now.

Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 6:29pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro

Bloody hell Matt, I can't speak for Southport but I thought the food at Cambridge was God awful but the worst for me all season has to be Wrexham. I didn't have any scran but I did pay £1.70 for a 'brew' served from a Portakabin!? The girls behind the counter didn't even bother making it for me. They just provided the raw ingredients for making a brew and I was left to do the rest! The water wasn't even flipping tepid, let alone hot! £1 flipping 70!!!!! After a three hour drive!!!!! ILLEGITIMATES!!!!

and there i was planning on going to wrexham next season and all...
:B

southport was decent with food though, can buy one of those coiled cumberland sausages there, flame grilled burgers aswell. infact a saturday afternoon in Southport would appeal to me if they stay up at the expense of Tamworth...
;)
Posted by: pseudonym, April 14, 2011, 6:31pm; Reply: 40

Enjoyed my bacon roll at Bath but the Kidderminster food was awesome. Worst ones were Gateshead and Kettering

Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 6:32pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from pseudonym
Enjoyed my bacon roll at Bath but the Kidderminster food was awesome. Worst ones were Gateshead and Kettering

and the Bath City game was the only one on those 3 that i've been to this season...
Posted by: pseudonym, April 14, 2011, 6:34pm; Reply: 42

and Bath was the only one on those 3 that i've been to this season...
Been in the bath once this season ! Hope the doctors sort you out ;D

Posted by: bradzmilne, April 14, 2011, 6:35pm; Reply: 43

I thought the food at Cambridge wasn't that bad, i quite enjoyed by bacon roll, slightly over priced but nothing to drastic
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 6:36pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from pseudonym
Been in the bath once this season ! Hope the doctors sort you out ;D

me and my typing
;) :B
Posted by: tonyfordsmicrofro, April 14, 2011, 6:40pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from bradzmilne

I thought the food at Cambridge wasn't that bad, i quite enjoyed by bacon roll, slightly over priced but nothing to drastic

I had the burger. I can only describe it as what I can only imagine eating a warmed up dog turd in a bap would taste like. I think my fellow Mariner had two burgers that night but I don't think he has any taste buds.

Posted by: Les Brechin, April 14, 2011, 6:47pm; Reply: 46
Top 3 grub for me this season was..

1) Kidderminster
2) Forest Green
3) Chasetown.
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 6:49pm; Reply: 47

I had the burger. I can only describe it as what I can only imagine eating a warmed up dog turd in a bap would taste like. I think my fellow Mariner had two burgers that night but I don't think he has any taste buds.

hotdog and a burger actually...
:P
Posted by: tonyfordsmicrofro, April 14, 2011, 6:52pm; Reply: 48

hotdog and a burger actually...
:P

Have you got some sort of surveillance equipment monitoring the matchday feeding habits of my fellow Mariner Matt?? I could've sworn he had two burgers!  ;D
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 14, 2011, 6:54pm; Reply: 49

Have you got some sort of surveillance equipment monitoring the matchday feeding habits of my fellow Mariner Matt?? I could've sworn he had two burgers!  ;D

nope that was what i ate?
;D
Posted by: pseudonym, April 14, 2011, 7:27pm; Reply: 50

nope that was what i ate?
;D
Greedy bleeder

Posted by: lincoln.mariner, April 14, 2011, 7:30pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
i have to say it is very rarely i buy anything from the burger vans, but last saturday i purchase a coffee that wasn't even hot and i thought for such a high price of £1.50 i thought it was a farce

Did you use the communal spoon?!  With sugar that has clogged up coffee from the first macth of the season
Posted by: siy2k5, April 14, 2011, 7:52pm; Reply: 52
I only ever buy coffee at BP, and I grudge paying £1.50 fir that!
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, April 14, 2011, 8:00pm; Reply: 53

your thinking of luton mate, i had 2 pies there, just the one burger at cambridge, i would say the warmed up dog turd would be my preferred option if given the choice next year.

Posted by: marinette, April 14, 2011, 8:47pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from lincoln.mariner

Did you use the communal spoon?!  With sugar that has clogged up coffee from the first macth of the season

Clogged up communal spoon?  Could you stop right there please?  Someone 'treated' me to a hot chocolate the other week.  They used to do a nice Suchard if I remember correctly.  Now it's just ... brown water, to put it politely.  Try it, Mr Fenty.  Go on, I dare you.
Posted by: lukeo, April 15, 2011, 1:25am; Reply: 55
Quoted from Les Brechin
Top 3 grub for me this season was..

1) Kidderminster
2) Forest Green
3) Chasetown.

For me i'd say:
1. Gigg Lane (Fc utd)
2. sheffield utd
3. donny

Every Town game home and away I've been to this year the foods been excrement
Posted by: DoggerBank, April 15, 2011, 8:08am; Reply: 56
This is a contribution to obese Britain,why do people feel the need to stuff them selvs with crappy burgers during the course of a football match?
I have a light lunch before I leave to the game and soon after when I return home I have my tea,you shouldnt need anything... else unless you want to look like beaver(former town fan who weighed 30st.)
Posted by: Fishfinger, April 15, 2011, 8:20am; Reply: 57
I actually didn't rate kidderminster's grub. Probably because I asked for a chicken pie and they gave me a cheese and onion bap :(
Posted by: siy2k5, April 15, 2011, 8:52am; Reply: 58
Quoted from DoggerBank
This is a contribution to obese Britain,why do people feel the need to stuff them selvs with crappy burgers during the course of a football match?
I have a light lunch before I leave to the game and soon after when I return home I have my tea,you shouldnt need anything... else unless you want to look like beaver(former town fan who weighed 30st.)

That's fine forhome games, but at away games we need to eat. Granted, I'd prefer a pub lunch where available, but sometimes the only chance to eat is at the footy. Feel sorry for away fans at BP!
Posted by: Biccys, April 15, 2011, 8:58am; Reply: 59
Quoted from siy2k5
I only ever buy coffee at BP, and I grudge paying £1.50 fir that!

You can take a flask you know.... ;)

The ONLY way the food situation will ever change is if you all boycott it. Get something before you go to the game and take a flask or a plastic bottle of coke from the shop before you go in, the vendors will then make no money and JF will have to find another source of catering.

I'd organise a protest but.....
Posted by: siy2k5, April 15, 2011, 9:04am; Reply: 60
Quoted from Biccys

You can take a flask you know.... ;)

The ONLY way the food situation will ever change is if you all boycott it. Get something before you go to the game and take a flask or a plastic bottle of coke from the shop before you go in, the vendors will then make no money and JF will have to find another source of catering.

I'd organise a protest but.....

I haven't plucked up the courage to take one in yet ;)
Posted by: maxfox44, April 15, 2011, 10:20am; Reply: 61
Just don't use them.  Won't last long without any punters.
Posted by: gobby, April 15, 2011, 10:54am; Reply: 62
How simple can it be? If you do not like them do not use them! Simples! 8)
UTMM
Posted by: Biccys, April 15, 2011, 11:02am; Reply: 63
Or allow your kids to go to them, buying verything each time thus reducing your redundancy payout by an exponential amount each time you bring them, to a game. Eh Tiny...?
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 15, 2011, 11:24am; Reply: 64
Quoted from siy2k5

That's fine forhome games, but at away games we need to eat. Granted, I'd prefer a pub lunch where available, but sometimes the only chance to eat is at the footy. Feel sorry for away fans at BP!

Totally agree. I very, very rarely buy any grub at BP but at away games it's usually the quickest and easiest way to grab a bite to eat during the day.
Posted by: maxfox44, April 15, 2011, 11:25am; Reply: 65
Trouble is the Mariners fish bar (used to be Hobsons, then Josh's) has significantly gone downhill this season as well.
Posted by: siy2k5, April 15, 2011, 12:58pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from maxfox44
Trouble is the Mariners fish bar (used to be Hobsons, then Josh's) has significantly gone downhill this season as well.

Indeed, used it once earlier in the season, was god awful!
Posted by: maxfox44, April 15, 2011, 1:15pm; Reply: 67
It used to be one of the highlights of going to the game.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, April 15, 2011, 1:39pm; Reply: 68
Until I read this thread I didnt realise how important buying a burger from a van at the match was to so many people.
Posted by: rocksteady, April 15, 2011, 10:29pm; Reply: 69
I bought a bottle of the coke from there and when i opened it there was a horrible taste i looked at bottle it and was out of date i told my mates to check theres also theres was the same £1.50 thats 3 bottles of drink that where sold wonder if anybody else noticed or if will still be on display at next game should get rid of these and allow mackys in ground
Posted by: maxfox44, April 15, 2011, 10:34pm; Reply: 70
I think letting kids eat this muck, should be classed as child abuse.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, April 15, 2011, 10:38pm; Reply: 71
Seem to remember Town fans wern't toooo keen on the burger stalls away at QPR more than a few years ago!
Posted by: ponnyfan, April 16, 2011, 7:26am; Reply: 72
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Seem to remember Town fans wern't toooo keen on the burger stalls away at QPR more than a few years ago!
Or Halifax away  :B ;D

Posted by: Garth, April 16, 2011, 9:17am; Reply: 73
Quoted from rocksteady
I bought a bottle of the coke from there and when i opened it there was a horrible taste i looked at bottle it and was out of date i told my mates to check theres also theres was the same £1.50 thats 3 bottles of drink that where sold wonder if anybody else noticed or if will still be on display at next game should get rid of these and allow mackys in ground

Were they really! did you take them back and demand your money back, they would have to refund your money if they were out of date, it all seems a little strange to me why would they risk doing that on a food stall and losing all, have you put in an official complaint to the club with the said bottles of coke. if not do it now maybe the food they sell could be risky

I`m not suggesting it is, but should this be fiction you could very well find yourself in the sh1t
Posted by: Colonel Fishpaste, April 16, 2011, 1:42pm; Reply: 74
Nothing like a Maccy's before any sporting event.  No harm in a one a week treat.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 16, 2011, 1:53pm; Reply: 75
The staff can be a bit offputting as well. The one in the Main Stand looks like Danny North with Bugs Bunny's teeth. The lass he works with is nice though :)
Posted by: brad_gtfc, April 16, 2011, 4:25pm; Reply: 76
Shows how good the football is at the minute when theres a 6 page thread about the food.
Posted by: StudentMariner, April 16, 2011, 5:02pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from brad_gtfc
Shows how good the football is at the minute when theres a 6 page thread about the food.

The food is really bad though, the football's even worse.

Posted by: WELLSY_GTFC, April 16, 2011, 5:37pm; Reply: 78
Oh Boy did they get a Gob full at half time

My flipping Pie had Two(yes that's 2) Ginger hairs init

I was Fuming to say the least, nearly got kicked out stupid traveller Bas tards
Posted by: jonnyboy82, April 16, 2011, 6:00pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from WELLSY_GTFC
Oh Boy did they get a Gob full at half time

My flipping Pie had Two(yes that's 2) Ginger hairs init

I was Fuming to say the least, nearly got kicked out stupid traveller Bas tards

I remember slating these jokers on the fishy last year when my burger i got was raw,and got told to not buy anything again,i have not even been tempted to buy a drink as i am scared it could be rola cola..

it seems things have got worse and these fornicators will have a death on there hands soon,they are rip off merchants and the food is shocking..

JF needs to look at this seriously.
Posted by: Townfantom, April 16, 2011, 6:03pm; Reply: 80
I like to think i'm pretty normal and can last without eating for a couple of hours....
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 16, 2011, 6:06pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from Townfantom
I like to think i'm pretty normal and can last without eating for a couple of hours....

not eaten much today tbh, chocolate yoghurt and packet of min cheddars, but thats about it...
Posted by: gary_elton, April 16, 2011, 6:07pm; Reply: 82
I went into restaurant once and complained about the football.....  :)
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 16, 2011, 6:10pm; Reply: 83
If the horror stories in this thread really are true then email

environmentalhealth@nelincs.gov.uk

Hopefully they will visit them at the next home game
Posted by: WELLSY_GTFC, April 16, 2011, 6:11pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Townfantom

Yes there is that but it's not the point though

I mean I don't normally use them but I went past and it smelled nice so I thought I will treat my self, I expected it to taste like excrement but I don't expect hairs and other human drop offs

The picture has been sent to Nick@gtfc.co.uk

With a well punctuated(for a change) Rant.

UTM
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, April 16, 2011, 6:14pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from WELLSY_GTFC

The picture has been sent to Nick@gtfc.co.uk

mind sharing it with the fishy?
Posted by: Dan_Barker, April 16, 2011, 9:12pm; Reply: 86
the biggest joke of the lot is that members of staff (programme sellers, stewards and bar staff) aren't allowed to bring mcdonalds or whatever else into the ground, YET THE CATERING VAN STAFF ARE!!!!!, it's an utter disgrace
Posted by: Chris, April 16, 2011, 9:19pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Dan_Barker
the biggest joke of the lot is that members of staff (programme sellers, stewards and bar staff) aren't allowed to bring mcdonalds or whatever else into the ground, YET THE CATERING VAN STAFF ARE!!!!!, it's an utter disgrace

Can you prove this because I will personally hand the evidence to JF if you can?
Posted by: 1106 (Guest), April 16, 2011, 10:35pm; Reply: 88
Pontoon kiosk today..

1.Kid sat on the side at 1.50pm inside the kiosk today eating in a food preparation area, waving his feet in the air banging his shoes against the door of a cuborad.
2.Woman in kiosk placing raw burgers onto the cooking area to cook them with bare hands, moving onto preparing a cooked burger for a customer handling the bun with her bare hands without handwashing inbetween. Not once have I seen the lady behind the counter wash her hands between handling raw and cooked food.
3.I guess its the boss man, regually behind the counter in his normal clothes chatting away to the women serving, door normally wide open, him normally eating as well in a food preparation area.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 10:13am