Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Classic Threads  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 24, 2010, 4:47pm
For night games apparently following complaints from residents in Blundell Ave.
Posted by: kamakazebear, September 24, 2010, 4:50pm; Reply: 1
Hallelujah!
Posted by: AndyGTFC, September 24, 2010, 5:00pm; Reply: 2
Well, it'll be interesting to see how this affects the atmosphere at BP at night. Some people have argued that there would be no atmosphere with the drum, while others have said there's no atmosphere because of the drum.  
Posted by: RalphFilthy, September 24, 2010, 5:00pm; Reply: 3
just decided to go to all night games :)
Posted by: forza ivano, September 24, 2010, 5:01pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from RalphFilthy
just decided to go to all night games :)

lmfao
Posted by: MarinerJosh, September 24, 2010, 5:09pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from AndyGTFC
Well, it'll be interesting to see how this affects the atmosphere at BP at night. Some people have argued that there would be no atmosphere with the drum, while others have said there's no atmosphere because of the drum.  

Worst atmosphere I've ever seen was Gateshead, nothing. The drum was missed!
Posted by: bradzmilne, September 24, 2010, 5:14pm; Reply: 6
if this is true this is really really poor
Posted by: STB, September 24, 2010, 5:17pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from MarinerJosh

How the fcuk do you see an atmosphere?

Posted by: grimps, September 24, 2010, 5:17pm; Reply: 8
good !
town have been shite since that thing has been allowed in
Posted by: WELLSY_GTFC, September 24, 2010, 5:17pm; Reply: 9
Have you got a link Les or have you been told I know you would not bullshit
Posted by: MarinerGilly, September 24, 2010, 5:17pm; Reply: 10
yes its true, got a phone call from the club earlier telling me its no longer allowed at night games, they tried to get it banned before but we got it back after a few games(before i was "trying" to drum :P
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 24, 2010, 5:25pm; Reply: 11
Nice one Mr Dale. :-)
Posted by: Brazilnut, September 24, 2010, 5:28pm; Reply: 12
well now it will be up to the crowd to crank up the noise ......just before 2nd goal at luton  the crowd slowly got louder and louder.......and lo and behold a goal came........frst time we have done that for ages
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 24, 2010, 5:28pm; Reply: 13
glad its been fooked off,rudrum and the new boy are still mongs though(fool)
Posted by: MarinerGilly, September 24, 2010, 5:33pm; Reply: 14
its still allowed in on afternoon kick offs dont get to exited
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 24, 2010, 5:35pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from MarinerGilly
its still allowed in on afternoon kick offs dont get to exited

it doesnt bother me so much in the afternoon games(lol)
Posted by: MarinerGilly, September 24, 2010, 5:38pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

it doesnt bother me so much in the afternoon games(lol)

Whats the difference haha?
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 24, 2010, 5:40pm; Reply: 17
Looking at the fixtures though, after Wrexham on Tuesday there's only 1 further night match scheduled v Kettering. Of course there could also be some games which are rearranged due to postponements though.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 24, 2010, 5:41pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from MarinerGilly

Whats the difference haha?

i have a ten minute snooze in the evening
Posted by: topuphere666, September 24, 2010, 5:44pm; Reply: 19
what about 1745 games?? incase we are selected for tv?
Posted by: MarinerGilly, September 24, 2010, 5:46pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from topuphere666

well them games would be on a weekend surly? not to sure actually i will find out
Posted by: MarinerGilly, September 24, 2010, 5:46pm; Reply: 21

i have a ten minute snooze in the evening

doesn't sound such a bad idea!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 24, 2010, 5:46pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from topuphere666

john and mike are having a board meeting to discuss it
Posted by: topuphere666, September 24, 2010, 5:47pm; Reply: 23

john and mike are having a board meeting to discuss it

;D
Posted by: marinerian, September 24, 2010, 6:26pm; Reply: 24
Make all games Tuesaday night games please!  :P
Posted by: 891 (Guest), September 24, 2010, 7:00pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from MarinerJosh

Josh ! how can you create a decent atmosphere when the ground is that full, also singing just seeps out of the sides in stands like that.

Either way if the players had shown some effort i am sure a few more would have being singing  ;)

Posted by: aldi_01, September 24, 2010, 7:02pm; Reply: 26
surely living in Blundell Ave or anywhere near the ground is part and parcel of living near it..and surely they are used to the noise of yobs and the like, a drum must be a nice reprieve lol
Posted by: MarinerGilly, September 24, 2010, 7:03pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from 891

Josh ! how can you create a decent atmosphere when the ground is that full, also singing just seeps out of the sides in stands like that.

Either way if the players had shown some effort i am sure a few more would have being singing  ;)

With a drum. ;)
Posted by: SNOOZE, September 24, 2010, 7:14pm; Reply: 28
the DRUM creates atmosphere. blundell avenue residents are getting as boring as ALL of YOU on this site.
if they don't like it why live near the football ground
Posted by: kamakazebear, September 24, 2010, 7:25pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from SNOOZE
the DRUM creates atmosphere. blundell avenue residents are getting as boring as ALL of YOU on this site.
if they don't like it why live near the football ground

If you DONT like this SITE, then why do you COME ON it?
Posted by: carrot top, September 24, 2010, 7:32pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Les Brechin
For night games apparently following complaints from residents in Blundell Ave.

The residents must know that living next to a football ground can be noisy FFS. Not rocket science is it.
I just do not believe some people. They shouldn't have moved there in the first place!
Posted by: SNOOZE, September 24, 2010, 7:34pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from kamakazebear

If you DONT like this SITE, then why do you COME ON it?
to view all the DRIVEL that you lot dream up

Posted by: kamakazebear, September 24, 2010, 7:36pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from SNOOZE

SURELY your life would be much NICER if you didn't VIEW our DRIVEL. Surely it just MAKES you MORE ANGRY.
Posted by: MarinerMatt24, September 24, 2010, 7:55pm; Reply: 33
so they've complained about the drum, which has resulted in it being banned... what's next banning the fans who make the most noise? i'd like to see them try  ;D
Posted by: pseudonym, September 24, 2010, 7:56pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from MarinerMatt24
so they've complained about the drum, which has resulted in it being banned... what's next banning the fans who make the most noise? i'd like to see them try  ;D
We can always get the Burton police force on loan. They will sort it,

Posted by: rancido, September 24, 2010, 7:58pm; Reply: 35
glad its been fooked off,rudrum and the new boy are still mongs though(fool)

So , the local residents get the drum banned but you still have a pop at Rudrum and the new safety officer - amazing !!
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, September 24, 2010, 9:30pm; Reply: 36
I was always one for heaing/being involved in singing etc.. without the need of a drum. But, I must say the drum has been brilliant and has created a good atmosphere. I think sometimes without it, it would have been quieter for longer periods.

Anyway locals, don't moan too much - imagine what a load of Vuvuzela's would sound like... constantly for 90 minutes! Think on!  ;)
Posted by: marinette, September 24, 2010, 9:35pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Peeler_Crab

Anyway locals, don't moan too much - imagine what a load of Vuvuzela's would sound like... constantly for 90 minutes! Think on!  ;)

Hehe....can you buy them locally?  I'm very tempted.
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, September 24, 2010, 10:11pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from marinette

Hehe....can you buy them locally?  I'm very tempted.

I'm not sure - but they would certainly cause a noise in more ways than one...
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 24, 2010, 10:25pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from SNOOZE

Surely a ho like you has chores to do such as washing and cleaning Hammo's pants.
Posted by: WELLSY_GTFC, September 25, 2010, 5:14am; Reply: 40
Quoted from SNOOZE

Do you know what I would love to see the bottom of my size 10 pressing against your nose.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 25, 2010, 8:24am; Reply: 41
Quoted from rancido

So , the local residents get the drum banned but you still have a pop at Rudrum and the new safety officer - amazing !!

not that i have to justify myself to you but he is a divvy
Posted by: Pelham, September 25, 2010, 8:33am; Reply: 42
HOORAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Posted by: Grant, September 25, 2010, 9:07am; Reply: 43
It’s a compromise with the local residents and its only for 2 games, a letter has been sent to the residents stating that this is for 19:45 K.O's only so early evening K.O's are ok. If the residents went to NELC and formally complained, they could push for the drum to go all together as a noise pollution issue. The fans, club and residents have got to cohabit together and get behind the players, this is the main area of importance for all of us.
Posted by: woodi147, September 25, 2010, 9:14am; Reply: 44
Vuvuzela it is then lets see how the local residents like that.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 25, 2010, 9:59am; Reply: 45
Quoted from Grant
It’s a compromise with the local residents and its only for 2 games, a letter has been sent to the residents stating that this is for 19:45 K.O's only so early evening K.O's are ok. If the residents went to NELC and formally complained, they could push for the drum to go all together as a noise pollution issue. The fans, club and residents have got to cohabit together and get behind the players, this is the main area of importance for all of us.

Sound is essential to our daily lives, but noise is not – noise can be defined as unwanted sound. It is a source of irritation and stress for many people and can even damage our hearing if it is loud enough. Many of us are exposed to stressful levels of noise at home and at work.

A nuisance is often difficult to establish but, generally speaking, if something is unreasonable to the average person, a court might decide it is a statutory nuisance. Noise nuisance is covered by Part III of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 (EPA). This law empowers local authorities to deal with noise from fixed premises (including land) if they consider that the noise amounts to a statutory nuisance. Proceedings may be taken against noise from factories, shops, pubs, dwellings and stationary vehicles.

Noise abatement zones

Under the Control of Pollution Act 1974 a local authority may designate all or part of its area as a noise abatement zone (NAZ). This is intended to control noise from premises in the long term by preventing an increase in noise levels and reducing levels wherever possible. When a NAZ is in operation the local authority records the levels of noise from specified premises – these may be factories, commercial or domestic premises. The register is open to public inspection and once a noise has been registered it can only be exceeded with the local authority's consent. Noise reductions can be sought later if it is in the public interest and can be achieved at reasonable cost.

The area around the ground does not fall into a Noise Abatement Zone, it can't and this is due to the train track and Humber estuary. Trains passing by are louder than the drum and boats in fog are also louder than the drum, also fog horns can go on throughout the night.  There is also a main road that has traffic on it constantly.

The drum is banged during a period of 90 minutes before 10pm and it isn't constantly banged, therefore the time scale isn't unreasonable, also the frequency of night games are limited and you could count them on one hand.  The crowd can be louder than the drum so the drum isn't the sole source of noise pollution, so why is the drum banned.

Take the above into consideration and you will see that the residents are being petty, self centered and unreasonable idiots.  They choose to live near a football stadium and the day they moved in they accepted all that comes with living there. By complaining about the odd night match and a bit of noise they prove how selfish and stupid they are.  If I lived there I would be putting all my efforts into sorting out the problem of dog excrement and their couldn't give a fig owners, but some people are happy in excrement and would rather complain about something else, that my friends speaks volumes about what type of people these complainers are.

I'm a neutral when it comes to the drum, I'm more for freedom of choice.
Posted by: Grant, September 25, 2010, 10:10am; Reply: 46
We all want to have the fredoom of choice however I would like to see us embrace the residents, lets gets them into the stadium and behind the club rather than fight against them.
Posted by: NorthLeedsMariner, September 25, 2010, 10:21am; Reply: 47
Good riddence to the drum. Get back to chanting. Would prefer us to have the Pontoon chanting 'Mariners' then some Red indian bloody drum roll.
Posted by: Grant, September 25, 2010, 10:25am; Reply: 48
Another thought with regards to Tuesday's night match, can we all not push our families and friends to come and pack the stadium out? We can show that despite the drum being missing we will stand as one and sing our hearts out for the lads?

Results have seen some vote with their feet by not attending, maybe Tuesday for one night we can all put our feelings to one side and show the Blue Square Premier and Wrexham what Grimsby Town FC is really about! We may not always like what we see on the pitch, but we will always love and be fans of our club that is Grimsby Town, lets see that passion again at Blundell Park.

I know that some will say "Why should we pay to watch that?" Results hurt us all however I know that when I give blood I have Grimsby Town running through my veins and will remain a fan until the day I die. It breaks my heart to see us lose but you have got to have hope, without that what is the point of life?

Posted by: Marinerz93, September 25, 2010, 11:24am; Reply: 49
It's a feeling we all have Grant but people will not pay to see gutless under performing players and let's be fair we have had almost 10 seasons of it.  Until the right players are brought in or/and the team starts going hell for leather, people will vote with their feet and that's the entertainment industry.  There is ways around sorting the atmosphere and I would wager almost anything to prove that allocated seating is the main problem, a debate we get into frequently.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 25, 2010, 11:26am; Reply: 50
Did the drum step on the pitch at Burton? If so, is it banned from B and Q on a Saturday? Forced off trains, fined, given community service and it's sticks plastered on the telewag?
Posted by: Grant, September 25, 2010, 11:47am; Reply: 51
Quoted from Marinerz93
It's a feeling we all have Grant but people will not pay to see gutless under performing players and let's be fair we have had almost 10 seasons of it.  Until the right players are brought in or/and the team starts going hell for leather, people will vote with their feet and that's the entertainment industry.  There is ways around sorting the atmosphere and I would wager almost anything to prove that allocated seating is the main problem, a debate we get into frequently.

Fair point and 10 season's is a long time and a lot of pain, despite my sadness and at times great disappointment I find the thought of not attending a pain to great to bear :'(

As the pontoon crowd sing Neil Woods barmy army, maybe we are barmy to continue but that’s what makes us real fans and not plastic fans like some clubs have. Grimsby Town is a grass roots football club with one of the oldest stands in the country, it may be old and dilapidated but its ours and its steeped in history and for that I'm proud, proud to call Blundell park the home of the team I love.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 25, 2010, 12:04pm; Reply: 52
Someone who stopped going to matches years ago said to me at the time that there is no drive in the council or boardroom to make GTFC a real success story.  They were the ones holding the club back and the club was being used as a means of kudos.  It's a great feeling being in the home end and being part of a vibrant and enthusiastic crowd.  I think the only way to address the seating issue is for those who want to sing is to get to the club early in the week and buy what seats are available behind the goal.  The club is painfully slow to capitalise on it's biggest asset, the fans.
Posted by: paulfcb, September 25, 2010, 12:20pm; Reply: 53
Many residents were there before the drum.
Posted by: scrumble, September 25, 2010, 1:02pm; Reply: 54
But none were there before the ground. Does the drum really generate more noise than 3000 Town fans, and can we expect to have chanting and singing band?

I'm sorry, but if you buy a house near a football ground, you know there is a reasonable chance of noise once or twice a week.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 25, 2010, 1:18pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Grant
Another thought with regards to Tuesday's night match, can we all not push our families and friends to come and pack the stadium out? We can show that despite the drum being missing we will stand as one and sing our hearts out for the lads?

Results have seen some vote with their feet by not attending, maybe Tuesday for one night we can all put our feelings to one side and show the Blue Square Premier and Wrexham what Grimsby Town FC is really about! We may not always like what we see on the pitch, but we will always love and be fans of our club that is Grimsby Town, lets see that passion again at Blundell Park.

I know that some will say "Why should we pay to watch that?" Results hurt us all however I know that when I give blood I have Grimsby Town running through my veins and will remain a fan until the day I die. It breaks my heart to see us lose but you have got to have hope, without that what is the point of life?

New poster.

Are you Fenty? ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 25, 2010, 1:27pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from paulfcb
Many residents were there before the drum.

Where they there before the clackers, I'm sure several hundred of these made a damn site more noise than one drum.

Where the residents there before the dog excrement, I'd know which one I'd want addressing and that's because I'd rather tackle a constant problem than one that happens so infrequently.  Next they'll be petitioning the EU to have fog horns muffled  ;D

Posted by: 1106 (Guest), September 25, 2010, 4:30pm; Reply: 57
If the Drums banned for night matches then bring on the Vuvuzelas in replacement for night matches!
Posted by: Grant, September 26, 2010, 8:58am; Reply: 58
No I'm not Fenty and Vuvezela's?? That's not going to wind anyone up is it? I also believe that Town have followed suit like many clubs and said that they do not want them. I have to admit that they spoiled the world cup for me, first time I've not enjoyed or looked forward to watching it!!
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 27, 2010, 10:22am; Reply: 59
Who was the cockend banging the drum outside the ground about 1.30pm. What the frig was that for?
Posted by: marinerian, September 27, 2010, 11:11am; Reply: 60
I agree with the comment about the council. Our council needs to be working with the club. Look at Chesterfield, their council saved them from going under and have worked hard to find a solution and also helped to deliver a new ground with lots of hard work behind the scenes!

I am not a big fan on the drum.....if played at the right time and in the right manner it can be a big help with atmosphere

Also we are not going to get big gates, I am reluctan t to pay £16 to watch dross and I am debating to go on Tuesday, I certainly wont be doing both home games as the money is needed for other things.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 3:04pm