Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Classic Threads  /  
Posted by: meggiesbeergut, March 3, 2010, 3:07pm
I am sure many of the older posters will have known Graeme who sadly passed away last week aged 51, he was the chairman of the old supporters club for many years , played for the supporters club football team and was a well known local Plumber and Campaign for Real Ale activist.....RIP Graeme, condolences to your family.
Posted by: oldgtfc, March 3, 2010, 3:17pm; Reply: 1
3 in a week, RIP
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 3, 2010, 3:24pm; Reply: 2
This season just gets worse.

R.I.P Graeme

My thoughts are with his wife and family
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 3, 2010, 3:31pm; Reply: 3
Blimey, really shocked by this. First Big Keef and now Wally. I knew him very well going back to the years of the old GTFC Supporters Sunday Footy team and when the Mariners Supporters club was down Kent St, where The Yardbirds club is now. I was also in the GTFC Supporters pool team with him too. The last time I saw him was at Bournemouth last season when I found him wandering around the streets looking for a real ale pub and we went for a pre-match drink together before the game.

RIP mate, another one gone far, far too young.
Posted by: sonik, March 3, 2010, 3:59pm; Reply: 4
So sad to hear yet more bad news.  I also played with Wally for the supporters club many years ago with Our late Bernard Morley.  RIP Wally. a A true Mariner!!
Posted by: sonik, March 3, 2010, 4:00pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from sonik
So sad to hear yet more bad news.  I also played with Wally for the supporters club many years ago with Our late Bernard Morley.  RIP Wally. a A true Mariner!!

Sorry.  Bernard was the Manager at the time.
Posted by: Bagshaw99, March 3, 2010, 4:02pm; Reply: 6
RIP Wally mate. A more genuine bloke you couldn't find. Sadly missed.
Posted by: jungleland, March 3, 2010, 4:07pm; Reply: 7

tragic news really good lad was wally ... will be sadly missed town thru & thru ..  great loss he was someone who put 100% into everthing he did .. be it  chairman of the supporters club  camra .. and more recently his blue`s of the month club  ... condolances to his family   as  les said much to young
Posted by: StiggsGTFC, March 3, 2010, 4:25pm; Reply: 8
Absolutely tragic news.

Graeme also ran the Blues Of the Month Club for many years.

He was a warm, friendly genuine person.

He will be sadly missed.

Thoughts to his family.
Posted by: StiggsGTFC, March 3, 2010, 4:27pm; Reply: 9
Sorry Jungle missed your comment about the blues of the month....

When the Blues of the Month Club restarted at the Queens, I remember the spontaneous round of applause Graeme (Wally) received, it really suprised him.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, March 3, 2010, 4:45pm; Reply: 10
Bloody Hell  I've known Wally for years, since the days of the old Travel club in the late 70's

Jeez

RIP Mate
Posted by: GTFC_MAN, March 3, 2010, 4:58pm; Reply: 11
Anybody know when his funeral is as theres no date mentioned in the announcement in the GET :o :o :o
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, March 3, 2010, 5:01pm; Reply: 12
GET   what's the GET?

Do you mean the Grimsby Telegraph,  our local newspaper that hasnt had 'evening' in it's title for years
Posted by: GTFC_MAN, March 3, 2010, 5:06pm; Reply: 13
ok the Grimsby Telegraph
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 3, 2010, 5:13pm; Reply: 14
1pm at Gy Crem this Friday.

http://www.camragrimsby.btik.com/news/23819192096.ikml
Posted by: GTFC_MAN, March 3, 2010, 5:19pm; Reply: 15
Cheers Les  :) :) :)
Posted by: 0ld timer, March 3, 2010, 5:56pm; Reply: 16
rip wally
Posted by: Trimm Tab, March 3, 2010, 6:08pm; Reply: 17
Knew/know Graeme and his wife (Nicola),i`m afraid he was diagnosed with cancer and it took hold rather quickly. He loved town through and through and would go every where to seem`em.
The real tragedy is that he was looking forward to his first grandchild which is due to be born within. the next 2 weeks.
Life can be so cruel  :(
Posted by: jungleland, March 3, 2010, 6:45pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from StiggsGTFC
Sorry Jungle missed your comment about the blues of the month....

When the Blues of the Month Club restarted at the Queens, I remember the spontaneous round of applause Graeme (Wally) received, it really suprised him.

no probs stiggs  had many a good night @ graeme`s  blues nights
Posted by: alvinghammariner, March 3, 2010, 8:34pm; Reply: 19
I didn't know Graeme but this is terrible news, RIP.
Posted by: barralad, March 3, 2010, 9:13pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Trimm Tab
Knew/know Graeme and his wife (Nicola),i`m afraid he was diagnosed with cancer and it took hold rather quickly. He loved town through and through and would go every where to seem`em.
The real tragedy is that he was looking forward to his first grandchild which is due to be born within. the next 2 weeks.
Life can be so cruel  :(

Last saw him to speak to at the Cheltenham game....Unbelievable that in a matter of a few weeks he should be gone. R.I.P. mate
Posted by: 137 (Guest), March 4, 2010, 6:25am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Bagshaw99
RIP Wally mate. A more genuine bloke you couldn't find. Sadly missed.

Spot on.

I'll miss you Graeme.
Posted by: sutton mariner, March 4, 2010, 3:46pm; Reply: 22
RIP
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 4, 2010, 3:55pm; Reply: 23
It would be nice to see a decent turn out of Mariners fans who knew Wally at his funeral tomorrow. (Friday 1pm).
Posted by: StiggsGTFC, March 4, 2010, 4:43pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Les Brechin
It would be nice to see a decent turn out of Mariners fans who knew Wally at his funeral tomorrow. (Friday 1pm).

At Grimsby crem...

I also think it would be good to see a good turnout. A genuine, decent bloke who will be missed.
Posted by: Cayman_mariner, March 4, 2010, 6:47pm; Reply: 25
RIP Graham - a true town fan!
Posted by: conscorner, March 4, 2010, 7:33pm; Reply: 26
A great bloke - would always stop for a chat after a home match.

Will be sadly missed.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 4, 2010, 7:41pm; Reply: 27
I'm totally shocked at this news.Had no idea.I knew Graham well and was a regular attender at the Blues of the month club.

Graham was at my 50th last year and was on good form.I even had some bottles of real ale put behind the bar for him and his mate Dave,because the venue didn't serve it.

Last saw him at the Bradford night match as he sat near me in the Pontoon.Not seen him at the match recently but had no idea about his illness.

I'm stunned,he was a really nice guy.

RIP Graham.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, March 4, 2010, 8:12pm; Reply: 28
I KNEW WALLY FROM THE TOWN TRAVELLERS MID 70'S, A REAL GENT ALWAYS SAID ''HELLO'' AND HAD TIME FOR YOU. A TRUE TOWN FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN..

MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH WALLY ,VERY SAD R.I.P.

BOB MOSS EAST LONDON..
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 5, 2010, 1:51pm; Reply: 29
Just got back from The Crem. A superb turnout with standing room only and a great tribute to a true Mariner.

RIP mate, you will be missed.  :o
Posted by: 0ld timer, March 7, 2010, 2:39pm; Reply: 30
result for u yesterday
Posted by: ginnywings, March 8, 2010, 11:54am; Reply: 31
Quoted from 0ld timer
result for u yesterday

Thought the same.Was thinking of him also when we had the minutes silence.
Posted by: StiggsGTFC, March 8, 2010, 12:11pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from ginnywings

Thought the same.Was thinking of him also when we had the minutes silence.

I think you were amongst many....Still finding it difficult to believe.

As Les said above it was a very good turnout on the Friday at the funeral service, I hope it brought some small comfort to the family.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 3:57pm