Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Classic Threads  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, February 27, 2010, 9:55pm
Here's his message after getting home from hospital. Puts all my problems into perspective quite frankly.

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8501382

Get well soon mate and I'm sure you'll walk again. In fact you'll run again.
Posted by: lukeo, February 27, 2010, 9:58pm; Reply: 1
Don't know how to put it but thats a nice article to read. I am glad he is ok and wish him all the best. Couldn't omagine going through that. Get him in as Town manager i say, a real fighter. Well done to his dad absolutely awesome stuff just shows how much we all need our family.

Wrawbey's black and white army
G T F C !
Posted by: davmariner, February 27, 2010, 9:59pm; Reply: 2
Yeah, get well soon Wrawby.
Posted by: RoboCod, February 27, 2010, 10:01pm; Reply: 3
That is horrific in its detail. Had no clue as to it being that bad. I wish him all the very best in his recovery, he certainly has the spirit to get himself through. That shambolic team of ours should be alerted to this story and shame them into earning their wages.

Posted by: 97 (Guest), February 27, 2010, 10:02pm; Reply: 4
Indeed, no one deserves to be stuck in Scunny or HRI.  8)

Seriously, best of luck to the lad.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 27, 2010, 10:02pm; Reply: 5
good luck.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 27, 2010, 10:04pm; Reply: 6
Stick with it fella!

All the best.
Posted by: In Cod We Trust, February 27, 2010, 10:04pm; Reply: 7
Good luck Wrawbs
Posted by: mariner91, February 27, 2010, 11:57pm; Reply: 8
Good on him, best of luck Wrawbs.
Posted by: gobby, February 28, 2010, 6:04am; Reply: 9
Chin Up matey, best of luck fella ;) 8)
UTMM
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 28, 2010, 9:37am; Reply: 10
thank you all i do appreciate it
Posted by: dazwev, February 28, 2010, 10:08am; Reply: 11
hope you have a speedy recovery Wrawbs mate......UTM
Posted by: wembley_double98, February 28, 2010, 10:14am; Reply: 12
Remember that beer and curry as soon as your fit Wrawby,  you'll be running then buddy!!
Seriously, get well soon, you are showing tremendous courage
I have some more jokes for you, I will text them over

Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, February 28, 2010, 10:15am; Reply: 13
Stick with it Wrawbs - you have guts unlike our flipping team! I agree Wrawbs for manager!! ;)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 28, 2010, 10:15am; Reply: 14
Wish you all the best for a full and speedy recovery mate.
Posted by: wembley_double98, February 28, 2010, 10:15am; Reply: 15
Remember that beer and curry as soon as your fit Wrawby,  you'll be running then buddy!!
Seriously, get well soon, you are showing tremendous courage
I have some more jokes for you, I will text them over

Posted by: Flying Scotsman, February 28, 2010, 12:31pm; Reply: 16
Don't think I need to wish you good luck, Marc. Having read your article, it's obvious that you, with your dad's support, are now making your own luck! Keep your chin up! You'll get there!

It's a shame the team hasn't got your determination!
Posted by: immariner, February 28, 2010, 12:37pm; Reply: 17
You did all that by slipping on the ice? Talk about bad luck! But all the best of it for your recovery lad.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 28, 2010, 2:01pm; Reply: 18
"BASICALLY, to cut a massively long story short for the first time in my life I am not afraid to admit that I suffer from depression, "

Your a Town fan, of course you f@cking do !!  ;)

Sounds like the scene from Terminator dragging yourself relentlessly along, bet you will never slag the trains for being late again.

In all seriousness wish you well with your recovery, just focus on the day you will be walking back through the gates of Blundell Park for inspiration........mind you on second thoughts that may not actually help.....walking back through the doors of Playgirls for inspiration.. :)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 28, 2010, 2:24pm; Reply: 19
Jeez...I knew you'd had an "accident" but reading your account brought a lump to my throat!

Good on you and your dad....don't stop believing and you're on the road to making it

Depressed or not, if only our players had your guts and positive outlook they'd be giving you one less cause to feel down

Hope you get well soon!
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 28, 2010, 3:04pm; Reply: 20
I would apply for the managers job but I don't think my wheelchair would get in the dressing room door. I'm hoping to be at the next home game, with a quick stop off at the imp
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 28, 2010, 3:08pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
I would apply for the managers job but I don't think my wheelchair would get in the dressing room door. I'm hoping to be at the next home game, with a quick stop off at the imp

Mate, you've admitted you suffer from depression.  Does your Doc know you are going to watch Town  ;)

Lets hope the players show half the guts that you have.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 28, 2010, 4:04pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Civvy at last

Mate, you've admitted you suffer from depression.  Does your Doc know you are going to watch Town  ;)

Lets hope the players show half the guts that you have.

No injury would prevent me from seeing town, depression or no depression enduring 90 minutes of we everyone has been seeing would a testament to how far I have come
Posted by: ponnyfan, February 28, 2010, 9:25pm; Reply: 23
Goes without saying mate my best wishes are with you for a speedy recovery - Keep in touch - UTM !
Posted by: pseudonym, February 28, 2010, 9:28pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ponnyfan
Goes without saying mate my best wishes are with you for a speedy recovery - Keep in touch - UTM !
Agree completely.
Hurry up back Wrawbs.

Posted by: Brazilnut, February 28, 2010, 9:34pm; Reply: 25
SO  will you be entering dancing on ice next year
Posted by: thevera, February 28, 2010, 9:46pm; Reply: 26
By the time I got to paragraph 4 tears were begining to well in my eyes, I think it was the dad involvement, I can relate to your dad's thoughts as I have kids your age. The battle you two are experiencing at the moment is far more important than any other battle we may be worrying about at the moment. Good luck Wrawbs keep us informed.
Posted by: theicenian, February 28, 2010, 9:59pm; Reply: 27
Drove over the tunnel twice yesterday and found myself thinking of you both times Wrawbs, it's a hell of a hole to drop into. Be good,keep your hands off the nurses when you have to go back for check ups and don't be long before you try for BP.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 28, 2010, 10:07pm; Reply: 28
Next home game has to be my aim. Also last game of the season, anything more is just a bonus
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 28, 2010, 10:13pm; Reply: 29
Good to see you back Wrawbs. I hope you had a bloody good scrub when you got back to get rid of all traces of anything Hully Gully.  ;D

I almost started talking Hully Gully when I was incarserated there too mate.
Posted by: Reverendmariner, February 28, 2010, 10:13pm; Reply: 30
All best wishes for a speedy and total recovery Wrawbs. Your injuries sound horrific but with the spirit you've obviously got you'll be totally recovered quicker than you think. Let us know how you're getting on.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 28, 2010, 10:18pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Les Brechin
Good to see you back Wrawbs. I hope you had a bloody good scrub when you got back to get rid of all traces of anything Hully Gully.  ;D

I almost started talking Hully Gully when I was incarserated there too mate.

It was just in the morning when they were saying turrrrrrst. . .thats toast for us deucated people
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 28, 2010, 10:20pm; Reply: 32
The trick is to already expect the worst, then anything else is just a bonus - that was I won't have to deal with disappointment. thats another one of my dads pearls of wisdom
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 28, 2010, 10:21pm; Reply: 33

It was just in the morning when they were saying turrrrrrst. . .thats toast for us deucated people

First morning I was in there I had to ask her to repeat it 3 times before I understood what she meant.  ;D
Posted by: alvinghammariner, February 28, 2010, 10:23pm; Reply: 34
Good luck Wrawbs!
Posted by: ponnyfan, February 28, 2010, 10:33pm; Reply: 35
The first game you are fit enough to attend - the seats on me !
Posted by: Biccys, February 28, 2010, 11:39pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from ponnyfan
The first game you are fit enough to attend - the seats on me !

Blimey... Are you gonna pass up on the offer of sitting on Ponnyfan Wrawbs?!
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 1, 2010, 12:23am; Reply: 37
I will be in a chair i believe, a wheel chair
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 1, 2010, 12:24am; Reply: 38
how the hell would I get in through the turnstiles?
Posted by: theicenian, March 1, 2010, 12:53am; Reply: 39
In a wheelchair you would be at the Osmond end of the Mainstand and you would enter the ground through the players and officials gate (which has no turnstile). Wheelchair users have a spot at the front. Not sure how much you can see from there.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 1, 2010, 12:56am; Reply: 40
Quoted from theicenian
In a wheelchair you would be at the Osmond end of the Mainstand and you would enter the ground through the players and officials gate (which has no turnstile). Wheelchair users have a spot at the front. Not sure how much you can see from there.

I was really hoping they would bend the rules for me ;)
Posted by: theicenian, March 1, 2010, 1:01am; Reply: 41

I was really hoping they would bend the rules for me ;)

They wont, Mr.Rudrum has a certificate to say so.  They sit where it is convenient to evacuate them easily without being in a general crush should the ground ever need evacuating(God forbid). They wouldn't allow you in the Ponny or the lower Findus for that very reason.

Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 1, 2010, 1:14am; Reply: 42
what about that space between the ponny and mainstand?
Posted by: theicenian, March 1, 2010, 1:20am; Reply: 43
You can't see from there the fence is covered in advertising boards and the fence is higher than where the wheelchairs are. Besides as I say Mr.Rudrum has a certificate to protect so even if you go there they won't let you stay to watch the game.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 1, 2010, 6:15am; Reply: 44
feck
Posted by: spoony, March 1, 2010, 7:50am; Reply: 45
Quoted from theicenian

They wont, Mr.Rudrum has a certificate to say so.  They sit where it is convenient to evacuate them easily without being in a general crush should the ground ever need evacuating(God forbid). They wouldn't allow you in the Ponny or the lower Findus for that very reason.

lol!!!11

wheelchair users get put in the stand that is most likely to burn down!!!!!11

go and sort out rudrum Wrawbz....you can do an inside job for us all!!!1111 he'll never dare eject someone in a wheelchair!!111 lol

oh, and remember....dont let the accide
nt stop you chasing the young girls...the rubber feet on your crutches are a good sybian replacement lol!!!1111

Posted by: Reverendmariner, March 1, 2010, 8:53am; Reply: 46
feck

It's not a bad view at all down at the front of the main stand. You feel very close to the action (what action???) and despite what others say there's a good atmosphere in there. The only trouble is that the pitch seems to curve very slightly downhill going towards the Lower Findus. I've always sat towards the front; I tried the Upper Findus once as an experiment and hated it. You'll be fine there matey
Posted by: Green27, March 1, 2010, 10:46am; Reply: 47
Good luck to you wrawbs. Can I ask have the club sent you a good luck message?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 1, 2010, 11:35am; Reply: 48
Quoted from Green27
Good luck to you wrawbs. Can I ask have the club sent you a good luck message?

got sent a signed shirt
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 1, 2010, 11:41am; Reply: 49

got sent a signed shirt

They sent me one too when I was in Hull plus a Get Well Soon card from Alan Buckley (just before he was sacked).
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 1, 2010, 11:49am; Reply: 50
oh i never got one of those,my brothers friends stepdad and mum know him and they sorted it
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 1, 2010, 11:59am; Reply: 51
oh i never got one of those,my brothers friends stepdad and mum know him and they sorted it

It was quite funny really cos when I was in there for the 6 week spell I had my own cubicle off the main ward and had the shirt pinned up on my board and practically everyone who saw it just assumed I was a Newcastle fan until I put them right.
Posted by: Green27, March 1, 2010, 1:27pm; Reply: 52
Great stuff was really hoping they did something for you, would be very disappointed with them if they didn't. Good on the club.
Posted by: Townfantom, March 1, 2010, 2:01pm; Reply: 53
Can i just say after reading that i really do feel for you! Being told some of that stuff must be awful to hear. You will be ok. Typical Grimsby fan, Always fighting and never gives up. I hope your ok wrawby.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 1, 2010, 2:16pm; Reply: 54
Well actually got mail on facebook yesterday from Danny Norths mum, what a lovely lady,also Dale Ladson emailed me today on behalf of the club, very thoughtful of him.
Posted by: StiggsGTFC, March 1, 2010, 5:17pm; Reply: 55
Jeez,

I thought you'd just got something simple like a broken leg...

Its not so bad in the main stand, Just dont be too noisy and wake us old gits  :).

Seriously, before the game  and at half time get in the family lounge for a Bovril or something stronger...at half time you get to see the goals we've conceded on the tele....

Heres hoping you will back in your favourite stand before too long.

Hang in there and all the best..

Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 1, 2010, 11:09pm; Reply: 56
I dont really have a faveourite stand, i just go in the stand with the regular i am attending with that week
Posted by: Happy_Mariner, March 2, 2010, 8:57pm; Reply: 57
Really terrible reading what you've been through. All the best for your recovery.
Posted by: supertown, March 3, 2010, 6:09pm; Reply: 58
All the best Wrawbs, your situation may even help with your depression, Now you have a new battle ahead it will take a back seat
Posted by: spoony, March 3, 2010, 7:40pm; Reply: 59
wrawbs...are you still able to masturbate....i hope you didnt break that too!!11????

i guess this is why this is a sticky post!!!!!!!!!!!111 lo!!111

Posted by: Marinerz93, March 3, 2010, 8:56pm; Reply: 60
Glad to hear you are on the mend fella and ignore those scunt illegitimates down the road, especially pansy64.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 3, 2010, 11:44pm; Reply: 61
Oh Im not worried about them, they're nothing compared to what i will overcome
Posted by: ginnywings, March 4, 2010, 12:05am; Reply: 62
Good on yer.

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Posted by: ollythemariner123, March 4, 2010, 7:12am; Reply: 63
get well soon mate
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, March 4, 2010, 8:41am; Reply: 64
Wrawbs, never met you mate - but you sound like an inspiration to all.  

How you fixed for doing a team talk at 2.50 pm on Saturday?  

Keep your chin up and get well soon.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 4, 2010, 11:30am; Reply: 65
Quoted from Cumbrian Mariner
Wrawbs, never met you mate - but you sound like an inspiration to all.  

How you fixed for doing a team talk at 2.50 pm on Saturday?  

Keep your chin up and get well soon.

I would quite happily do it if the wheelchair fits through the dressing room door ;)
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 15, 2010, 3:23pm; Reply: 66
This week is hospital week

3 hospitals in 4 days.

Physiotherapy
Dietry
Skin Graft
and the metal cage on my leg all have to be checked

Also I have to have a medical to see if I am fit to go to the game on saturday. . . . .I will be passed fit so hopefully on crutches
Posted by: moosey_club, March 17, 2010, 10:29pm; Reply: 67
Sounds promising, without wishing to place a dampner on your plans have you contacted the club to see what, if any, restrictions they may have on crutches in the ground? Wouldnt want you turning up just to be turned away.  
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 17, 2010, 10:37pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from moosey_club
Sounds promising, without wishing to place a dampner on your plans have you contacted the club to see what, if any, restrictions they may have on crutches in the ground? Wouldnt want you turning up just to be turned away.  

bad news is they wont put me on crutches because my right foot is bent to buggery
Posted by: moosey_club, March 19, 2010, 7:49pm; Reply: 69

bad news is they wont put me on crutches because my right foot is bent to buggery

Chair then in the mainstand?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 21, 2010, 8:34am; Reply: 70
Quoted from moosey_club

Chair then in the mainstand?

yeah, the usual wheelchair lot had their own little congregation, felt a little left out in all honesty.
Posted by: theicenian, March 21, 2010, 11:45am; Reply: 71

yeah, the usual wheelchair lot had their own little congregation, felt a little left out in all honesty.

Forgot to look for you. Did you enjoy the game?

I expect you would have been long gone by the time I managed to get Icenian senior down from the stand.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 21, 2010, 11:48am; Reply: 72
Quoted from theicenian

Forgot to look for you. Did you enjoy the game?

I expect you would have been long gone by the time I managed to get Icenian senior down from the stand.

I left at half time if truth be told, my back and legs were in agony and my body just couldnt hack it. But what I did see I enjoyed.
Posted by: Biccys, March 22, 2010, 1:53pm; Reply: 73
Great effort for turning up though Wrawbs, glad the team showed up as well. Keep popping those magic tabs fella  ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, March 22, 2010, 11:26pm; Reply: 74

Wrawbs the newbie, bit of a clique going on was there? Just pimp your ride Wrawbs and they will soon roll over for a chat, spinners and a neon light on the under carriage should do the trick. You going to the northampton game?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 23, 2010, 11:59am; Reply: 75
Quoted from moosey_club

Wrawbs the newbie, bit of a clique going on was there? Just pimp your ride Wrawbs and they will soon roll over for a chat, spinners and a neon light on the under carriage should do the trick. You going to the northampton game?

Not at all sure in honesty, weather plays a major factor
Posted by: ponnyfan, March 23, 2010, 8:56pm; Reply: 76

I left at half time if truth be told, my back and legs were in agony and my body just couldnt hack it. But what I did see I enjoyed.
Great to see you there Wrawbs - Keep fighting UTM !
Posted by: moosey_club, March 23, 2010, 8:58pm; Reply: 77

Not at all sure in honesty, weather plays a major factor

Hope it as you need it then
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, April 7, 2010, 5:08pm; Reply: 78
Just thought I would keep you all updated. I stood up for the first time in 3 months today
Posted by: moosey_club, April 12, 2010, 11:26pm; Reply: 79
are you planning on attending any more games before the end of the season?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, April 14, 2010, 12:26pm; Reply: 80
as soon as i am on crutches i plan on going to them all. Its bloody isolating in the disabled bit
Posted by: moosey_club, April 23, 2010, 6:36pm; Reply: 81
So....update please matey, did you make it to the Torquay game? i hope not with your previously declared state of mind, Barnet or even the away ones?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, April 28, 2010, 5:25pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from moosey_club
So....update please matey, did you make it to the Torquay game? i hope not with your previously declared state of mind, Barnet or even the away ones?

Did I balls, I am in Grimsby from friday night to saturday6 evening so I could go but realistically next season is now what im looking at
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 10:26am