Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 11, 2021, 5:51pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56706237
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 11, 2021, 5:57pm; Reply: 1
They could ask Rod Liddle for the number of that chap he was writing about in today’s Sunday Times who used to be at BP.
Posted by: aldi_01, April 11, 2021, 6:02pm; Reply: 2
They could ask Rod Liddle for the number of that chap he was writing about in today’s Sunday Times who used to be at BP.

He doesn’t live too far...I’m sure Forest Green would welcome his £100k investment...
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 11, 2021, 6:18pm; Reply: 3

All hypothetical but Cooper or Hurst to get us promoted back up from the National League?

Can't stand Cooper but with the right backing he just gets my vote.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, April 11, 2021, 6:41pm; Reply: 4
I would not to support a club whose manager blatantly promotes, cheating, diving, thoroughly unprofessional behaviour.

Head but excepted
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, April 11, 2021, 6:55pm; Reply: 5
Has sense of humour died in covid?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 11, 2021, 7:06pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from promotion plaice

All hypothetical but Cooper or Hurst to get us promoted back up from the National League?

Can't stand Cooper but with the right backing he just gets my vote.

Ones a c**t the other took us back into the football league a few years back.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, April 11, 2021, 7:54pm; Reply: 7

Interview -
Fgr: tell us about your green credentials
IH:   l'll get matt green upfront

Posted by: moosey_club, April 11, 2021, 7:58pm; Reply: 8
Well he is a Vegan (allegedly) so could be a good fit
Posted by: kamakazebear, April 11, 2021, 9:11pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Ones a c**t the other took us back into the football league a few years back.

One took 1 season to do it, the other took 4.

Not disagreeing with you but just saying.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 11, 2021, 10:02pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from kamakazebear

One inherited a team that had reached the play off final the season before. One didn't.

One had a chairman that backed his manager with a very good budget. One didn't.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 11, 2021, 10:08pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from kamakazebear

One had a proactive ambitious owner who though it’s not my kind thing stands up for what he believes in, the other had John Fenty.

One got a portacabin the other got a playing budget that yet could still take them up a level.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 11, 2021, 10:16pm; Reply: 12
One didn't have to work in a financial straight jacket under a penny pinching twit making serial false economies.
Posted by: wigworld, April 11, 2021, 10:28pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from ginnywings

One inherited a team that had reached the play off final the season before.

If I recall correctly, they were actually halfway through a play-off final and 2-0 down when he took over!  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, April 11, 2021, 10:32pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from wigworld

If I recall correctly, they were actually halfway through a play-off final and 2-0 down when he took over!  ;D

Yeah, he seemed to be in charge that day.

Posted by: promotion plaice, April 11, 2021, 10:49pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from wigworld

He took over when Keanu Marsh-Brown pulled a goal back thinking here's my chance of taking credit for a comeback and win, to$$er.
Posted by: aldi_01, April 11, 2021, 10:53pm; Reply: 16
Cooper is a grade A twit. Met him once, massive chip on his shoulder.

He got his job through the back door. Not officially in charge at the playoff final yet spent the game in the dugout etc or something similar...
Posted by: Croxton, April 12, 2021, 5:22pm; Reply: 17
How might he feel about being replaced by a female?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/12/forest-green-aim-break-new-ground-ppointing-first-female-manager
Posted by: Withnail, April 12, 2021, 11:14pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from aldi_01
Cooper is a grade A twit. Met him once, massive chip on his shoulder.

He got his job through the back door. Not officially in charge at the playoff final yet spent the game in the dugout etc or something similar...

I've not met him but the day after they thumped us at BP (0-4 was it?) I was in my local boozer half watching the Arsenal v Man City game with a pal, when the landlord, who's a Donny Rovers fan and who knows I'm Town, comes over and asks me my thoughts on the debacle. So I tell him we were awful by all accounts, so deserved to lose but also pointed out FGR have a much bigger budget than us. Unbeknown to me he was stitching me up as Mark Cooper was watching the game on the very next table and heard every word I said. I'd spotted him earlier and thought he looked familiar but hadn't twigged who he was. After he left the pub the landlord took great delight in telling me exactly who he was!

Apparently he lives in Solihull but rents a place in the town I live as it's not too far from Nailsworth.

Anyway, next time he's in the pub he speaks to the landlord about what I'd said about our differing budgets and apparently drunk himself at the suggestion FGR had a bigger budget than us.

Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:24am