Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 7, 2021, 12:42pm
All better run clubs than ours two of them playing at a higher level than us most of the time.

All less than an hour from my home.

So why can I not go and support one of those instead of this continuing heartache.?

It must be love of my home town or I am nuts.

Maybe both.
Posted by: Yoda, March 7, 2021, 12:45pm; Reply: 1
I think we enjoy pain.

My Barnsley mate has started supporting us when he can he feels that sorry for us.
Posted by: Grimsbynewhope, March 7, 2021, 5:03pm; Reply: 2
The clues in the first part of your name Pete, were Grimsby fans and always will be.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 7, 2021, 6:22pm; Reply: 3
You could go to Colchester v Town in The National League next season Pete!  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 7, 2021, 10:02pm; Reply: 4
I can go and watch, and even cheer other teams*. Places I have lived in and have affinity with. But it’s not the same.

* to be fair mostly at a lower level than Town. Gotta insulate myself. 😁
Posted by: RonMariner, March 8, 2021, 11:28am; Reply: 5
I live half an hour from Leicester. Imagine how I feel.
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 8, 2021, 12:40pm; Reply: 6
I think it’s something to do with being your team/ club, there will always be the small minority that jump from one team to another, depending on success, but the majority of football fans, everywhere, will always have that one team that no matter what,through thick or thin it’s their team.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 8, 2021, 12:45pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin
You could go to Colchester v Town in The National League next season Pete!  ;)

Hopefully we will both be in L two next season Les.

We can hope.
Posted by: DB, March 8, 2021, 12:46pm; Reply: 8
I lived 7 miles from Scunny and when 5/6 years old my dad took me to watch, as he called it, a football team. Been supporting Town ever since, I think dad would turn in his grave if he knew about this season.
Posted by: NorfolkImp, March 8, 2021, 1:10pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from grimsby pete
All better run clubs than ours two of them playing at a higher level than us most of the time.

All less than an hour from my home.

So why can I not go and support one of those instead of this continuing heartache.?

It must be love of my home town or I am nuts.

Maybe both.

I live 10 mins from Carrow Road, and whilst they are a friendly welcoming club, I couldn't possibly either ... although I do have tickets for The Killers gig there on June 1st.

Particularly gutting that I can't be at Portman Road on Tuesday evening though, in a huge promotion 6 pointer.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 8, 2021, 2:46pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from NorfolkImp

I live 10 mins from Carrow Road, and whilst they are a friendly welcoming club, I couldn't possibly either ... although I do have tickets for The Killers gig there on June 1st.

Particularly gutting that I can't be at Portman Road on Tuesday evening though, in a huge promotion 6 pointer.

In a what??
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, March 8, 2021, 4:21pm; Reply: 11
I wonder if Ipswin has got his season ticket yet for next season at Portman Road.
Posted by: NorfolkImp, March 9, 2021, 11:49am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Les Brechin

In a what??

Well, a play-off 6 pointer at least Les .... can think of worse venues to play at than Portman Road, especially with a new Manager installed who the fans wanted. They'd be up to 20k there tonight under normal circumstances?

Posted by: Les Brechin, March 9, 2021, 1:10pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Well, a play-off 6 pointer at least Les .... can think of worse venues to play at than Portman Road, especially with a new Manager installed who the fans wanted. They'd be up to 20k there tonight under normal circumstances?

Don't really know what one of them is either to be honest.  ;)
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 10:28am