Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, September 29, 2020, 12:03pm
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bradford-city-efl-grimsby-town-4557890

The little gobshite is at it again. Hes now calling for teams to be given a walkover and awarded 3 points if opposing teams call games off because of positive C19 tests.

What a tool! What a TOTAL tool!

To me it sounds like bullying tactics. I can just imagine him standing up in front of anyone who will listen to him and shouting

"WE ARE A BIG CLUB SO PEOPLE WILL LISTEN"

Sadly Ryan, nobody is listening to you. Get back in your corner where you belong.
Posted by: denni266, September 29, 2020, 12:07pm; Reply: 1
Kama will get them .just sit back and watch
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 29, 2020, 12:16pm; Reply: 2
He’s not the brightest spark is he. Somehow thinking that catching it is a voluntary thing.
Posted by: Henryscat, September 29, 2020, 12:22pm; Reply: 3
The thick Yorkies will lap someone like him up though.

I don’t wish ill on anyone but I might smirk if they have to cancel games
Posted by: Poojah, September 29, 2020, 12:31pm; Reply: 4
He makes some good points; let's create a culture where clubs are actively punished for positive coronavirus tests and therefore incentivised to fail to disclose symptomatic individuals and / or positive tests.

I mean, what's the worst that could happen?
Posted by: ginnywings, September 29, 2020, 12:50pm; Reply: 5
According to Bantam Talk, we are a "no mark" club who are running scared of playing them because they are the Real Madrid of League 2 and have just smashed the mighty Stevenage 2-1, their first win of the season, while we are in complete disarray and heading for relegation with a crappy manager at the helm, so want the season curtailed.

I don't know who instigated the cancellation of this game. Some say we acted unilaterally and are under investigation for doing so, and no doubt our board will say we acted within the rules.

I'm as baffled as the Bradford fans as to why our games are being called off and theirs with Stevenage wasn't, despite them having 3 positive tests. But surely this whole mess is down to the EFL and their lack of clearly set guidelines. It pretty much mirrors government procedures in everyday life during covid, in that nobody seems to know what you are allowed, and not allowed to do on a daily basis.

It's bad enough living with all this sh1te, without clubs falling out with each other over what is just a game of football at the end of the day. There are bigger concerns here.
Posted by: marinerdazza, September 29, 2020, 1:00pm; Reply: 6
Did Bradford spend a lot in close season?
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 29, 2020, 1:06pm; Reply: 7
Reading the Bradford forum is pretty entertaining. Apparently it’s due to our bad start and fitness, Holloway is excrement etc etc.

Firstly, on what planet is closing our training ground going to aid our fitness? Secondly, we’re TWO games in ffs ;D

Apparently Holloway has little between the ears, which is rich judging by the comments on there.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 29, 2020, 1:24pm; Reply: 8
Ryan Sparks, what a complete moron.

So if we played the match on Saturday, Ryan Sparks knowing we have had a positive test, someone at Bradford get it off an infected Town player. He opens a door which Ryan Sparks touches and infects himself. He visits relatives (Outside max 6) and infects two of them. What who you say then Mr Mighty Ryan Sparks then !

Just grow up and stop being selfish Mr Ryan Sparks and think of other not just yourself and Bradford City. We all want to get through this pandemic, but lives and peoples health and well being come way in front of football!    (anger3)(anger3)(anger3)
Posted by: diehardmariner, September 29, 2020, 1:32pm; Reply: 9
Quoted Text
“The only thing we can do as clubs is stick to the protocol as tightly as we can. Do everything to make sure our players avoid putting themselves at risk.

“It could happen to us for sure but it goes without saying that we will go about our business in a different way to Grimsby Town if it does.”

I think we'll do well to find such stark contradictions again within two paragraphs.  What a tool.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 29, 2020, 1:35pm; Reply: 10
Ironically I’ve just had my call from track and trace to tell me my self isolation rules, at no point did the call handler mention I’d be okay to go out if I had a game against Ryan Sparks’ Bradford.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 29, 2020, 2:05pm; Reply: 11
What a stupid suggestion regardless of who suggested it, anything that would encourage a “take the risk” approach should be condemned.

As for Bradford fans views we are so bad that they failed to beat us twice last year and they like us are currently a 4th tier side.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 29, 2020, 2:18pm; Reply: 12
Does 'Director of Communications' just mean 'kid wot does the social media n' that'?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 29, 2020, 2:42pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Abdul19
Does 'Director of Communications' just mean 'kid wot does the social media n' that'?

No it means he is a bigwig in Bradford because he has a Greyhound instead of a whippet  (True)

He is a Director on the board of Bradford City but he likes Speedway better than football I believe.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 29, 2020, 2:42pm; Reply: 14
Only a matter of time before Bradford's squad get infected than this moron will be regretting his words.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 29, 2020, 2:44pm; Reply: 15
Our results thus far speak for themselves but I'm guessing Bradford have had us scouted too. It doesn't take a genius to work out that the report will state how unfit we are.

So, recent results and our glaringly obvious lack of fitness, you can see why the massive Bradford City want to play us. Would they be singing the same tune if we looked really fit and won our first 2 games? I think not.

We have only heard the Philip Day side of the story and aren't privy to the email from the EFL but our understanding is that the decision on what to do was with us and the option we've taken was one of those given to us as advice from various sources. Essentially, if we played the game last Saturday or even this coming Saturday against Bradford and consequently infected someone else who went on to fall victim or pass it onto an elderly relative that went on to die from the virus then Philip Day would have to live with that.

I would like to see what the bright Spark at Bradford would do in a similar situation. If I was put in that situation, I would be taking the most risk averse approach.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 29, 2020, 3:21pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Abdul19

That was his old job apparently.

Posted by: StaffsMariner, September 29, 2020, 4:18pm; Reply: 17
As i see it it's a case of our Manager and Chairman are taking covid seriously, putting health and wellbeing before football. On the other hand the Bradford Chairman seems to want to put football first.
Posted by: It Bites, September 29, 2020, 4:28pm; Reply: 18
He entitled to his opinion. I don't know why you are getting worked up about it . Just move on .
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 29, 2020, 6:10pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

No it means he is a bigwig in Bradford because he has a Greyhound instead of a whippet  (True)

He is a Director on the board of Bradford City but he likes Speedway better than football I believe.

Anyone who likes speedway is just a red neck so can’t be taken seriously
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), September 29, 2020, 7:36pm; Reply: 20
It's actually against the law not to self isolate if in contact with a confirmed positive. £10000 fine. Any one consider reporting Stevenage. They are the ones needing investigating.
Posted by: Stadium, September 29, 2020, 8:45pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from 140067
It's actually against the law not to self isolate if in contact with a confirmed positive. £10000 fine. Any one consider reporting Stevenage. They are the ones needing investigating.

Investigated by who?
EFL approved the game going ahead.

An EFL spokesperson said: “Quite rightly each individual case is assessed on its merits and that determines the advice medical teams are able to give.

“It is always a matter for a club to inform the League as to whether it can meet its fixture obligations in accordance with EFL regulations and as such games remain on until they are called off.

“Looking at the specific case with Stevenage, the appropriate protocols and Government guidance has been adhered to. Participants’ safety is paramount and it was determined there was no medical reason as to why the game could not take place as scheduled.”
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), September 29, 2020, 11:11pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Stadium

Investigated by who?

An EFL spokesperson said: “Quite rightly each individual case is assessed on its merits and that determines the advice medical teams are able to give.

“It is always a matter for a club to inform the League as to whether it can meet its fixture obligations in accordance with EFL regulations and as such games remain on until they are called off.

“Looking at the specific case with Stevenage, the appropriate protocols and Government guidance has been adhered to. Participants’ safety is paramount and it was determined there was no medical reason as to why the game could not take place as scheduled.”

Dear Mr know fookall Stadium, I stand corrected thank for providing such insight. You are so correct. You really should become a government adviser. Bradford should have the points as they are the Madrid Real of EFL 2. Scared to play us. Up yours.
Posted by: Stadium, September 29, 2020, 11:34pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from 140067

Dear Mr know fookall Stadium, I stand corrected thank for providing such insight. You are so correct. You really should become a government adviser. Bradford should have the points as they are the Madrid Real of EFL 2. Scared to play us. Up yours.

Oh dear the internet providing the actual facts.
Who would have thought it?
Posted by: Croxton, September 29, 2020, 11:48pm; Reply: 24
We are not alone in protesting about the costs of testing. Tranmere, Orient and Colchester for starters have pointed out the ruinous expense. The EFL had hoped that, by passing responsibility to the clubs via a cop out, that we could all muddle along. They can hardly punish Town for failing to fulfil a fixture if our medical advice is based on Govt. guidance. This spat will be swept under the carpet so that the season can continue.

Oliver Dowden, The F.A., EFL, Sky, sponsors. most fans, and directors want football to carry on if at all possible. At the moment, we are regarded in some quarters as either killjoys, pedants, opportunists or all three. Some form of revised protocol on testing and the non closure of training grounds will have to be agreed or it all grinds to a halt.

If the EFL were stupid enough to  call us out on a technicality PD should send in an FOI request for how many cases have been reported at each club in all divisions.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 30, 2020, 12:12am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Stadium

Investigated by who?

Sorry but the law of the land trumps the Football League.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, September 30, 2020, 12:29am; Reply: 26
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bradford-city-efl-grimsby-town-4557890

The little gobshite is at it again. Hes now calling for teams to be given a walkover and awarded 3 points if opposing teams call games off because of positive C19 tests.

What a tool! What a TOTAL tool!

To me it sounds like bullying tactics. I can just imagine him standing up in front of anyone who will listen to him and shouting

"WE ARE A BIG CLUB SO PEOPLE WILL LISTEN"

Sadly Ryan, nobody is listening to you. Get back in your corner where you belong.

Is this the same Bradford City that have cheated the system 3 times by going into adminstartion in 1983, 2002 & 2004.
Those in glass houses should not throw stones, comes to mind.

Should have been chuck out of the league the last time they cheated back in 2004.

Posted by: mimma, September 30, 2020, 12:57am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Stadium

Investigated by who?

This bit made me laugh, all games remain on unless they are called off!
Posted by: Rik e B, September 30, 2020, 12:59am; Reply: 28
Just logged in to say: What an utter sharp object.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 30, 2020, 6:27am; Reply: 29
buffoon or not, creating a post about him just feeds the fool.

Ignore the helmet. Simples. We’ve established that he’s a daft yorkie and the guidance and rules are being interpreted so many ways no fornicator actually knows what is going on...
Posted by: Stadium, September 30, 2020, 8:57am; Reply: 30
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Sorry but the law of the land trumps the Football League.

Which is:

If someone is instructed to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, because they have had close contact with someone outside their household who has tested positive, they are legally required to self-isolate for the period notified by NHS Test and Trace. Both household and non-household contacts must self-isolate for the full period, regardless of whether they have symptoms and, if they develop symptoms and take a test, regardless of whether any test taken gives a negative result.

Without knowing the facts it's impossible to determine whether there has been "close contact"
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), September 30, 2020, 9:49am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Stadium

Which is:

If someone is instructed to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, because they have had close contact with someone outside their household who has tested positive, they are legally required to self-isolate for the period notified by NHS Test and Trace. Both household and non-household contacts must self-isolate for the full period, regardless of whether they have symptoms and, if they develop symptoms and take a test, regardless of whether any test taken gives a negative result.

Without knowing the facts it's impossible to determine whether there has been "close contact"

So they should be investigated so we know the full facts. Mr Stadium are you a virologist or Government official. I suspect one of us is one or the other. By the way is it a legal requirement that everyone has registered on the NHS App.
Posted by: barralad, September 30, 2020, 10:13am; Reply: 32
Expected to have Queenie Bantam giving us the "benefit" of his opinion by now.. :o
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, September 30, 2020, 10:50am; Reply: 33
Quoted from aldi_01
buffoon or not, creating a post about him just feeds the fool.

Ignore the helmet. Simples. We’ve established that he’s a daft yorkie and the guidance and rules are being interpreted so many ways no fornicator actually knows what is going on...

Ignore him? Oh God, no. The more people that see

Lets face it, someone who thinks he is as important as he thinks he is will definitely Google himself, wont he. So hopefully the little insignificant oik will read all these comments and realise that he is a "blöde Fotze"
Posted by: Stadium, September 30, 2020, 3:36pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from 140067

So they should be investigated so we know the full facts. Mr Stadium are you a virologist or Government official. I suspect one of us is one or the other. By the way is it a legal requirement that everyone has registered on the NHS App.

Do I have to download the NHS COVID-19 app (is it mandatory)?

The NHS COVID-19 app is entirely voluntary and you can choose whether or not to download it. You can also uninstall and delete the app whenever you like.
The app is not pushed automatically to smartphones. However, if you share an Apple or Google ID, it's possible that the app is installed on your smartphone because a family member has installed it on another smartphone.

Certain sectors need to adhere to track & trace conditions:

Information to collect:

Venues must ask every customer and visitor for the following details (unless they have ‘checked in’ using the NHS COVID-19 app):
a)the name of the customer or visitor. If there is more than one person, then you can record the name of the ‘lead member’ of the group (of up to 6 people) and the number of people in that group
b)a contact phone number for each customer or visitor, or for the lead member of a group of people. If a phone number is not available, you should ask for their email address instead, or if neither are available, then postal address
c)date of visit, arrival time and, where possible, departure time
d)the name of the assigned staff member, if a customer or visitor will interact with only one member of staff (for example, a hairdresser). This should be recorded alongside the name of the customer or visitor
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 11:58am