Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jaygy, September 25, 2020, 4:19pm
Tomorrows game postponed due to player contracting covid
Posted by: Welwynmariner, September 25, 2020, 4:21pm; Reply: 1
One of ours by the way

Can't see the season being completed if this continues.
Posted by: LH, September 25, 2020, 4:24pm; Reply: 2
Playing staff and coaches all self isolating according to Matt Dean. So two weeks at home and another set back in fitness. This League Two season needs to end if you consider everything.
Posted by: Ipswin, September 25, 2020, 4:24pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Welwynmariner
One of ours by the way

Can't see the season being completed if this continues.

Should never have been started, If it is going to be abandoned I hope it's done soon to avoid the awful farce about relegation and promotion that occurred last season

Posted by: Les Brechin, September 25, 2020, 4:27pm; Reply: 4
Next couple of games will be off too then I would think.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 25, 2020, 4:28pm; Reply: 5
Well this is fast turning into a farce. 2 weeks without training and a huge setback in match fitness.
Posted by: Teesknees, September 25, 2020, 4:30pm; Reply: 6
Why did West Ham's game go ahead?
Posted by: samg, September 25, 2020, 4:33pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Teesknees

Because of Sky the greedy tw###
Posted by: 1098 (Guest), September 25, 2020, 4:33pm; Reply: 8
I've heard that at the moment they are self isolating for 7 days
Posted by: horsforthmariner, September 25, 2020, 4:36pm; Reply: 9
Okay first things first, hope the player whoever it is, is okay and gets over it quickly.

But until the rates come down pretty quickly this is going to happen a lot. I have a nasty suspicion this season isn't going to get very far.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 25, 2020, 4:37pm; Reply: 10

Scrap the season now and just go with the marbles for the final League Two standings   ;)

https://youtu.be/0WSVpsiwNsM
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 25, 2020, 4:39pm; Reply: 11
Its the after effects as well, we all had it at home, and we were knackered for weeks after as well even though we were perfectly well, walking up and down stairs was difficult at times I did the weekly shop and it nearly killed me off. I couldn't imagine running round for 90 minutes as well.
Posted by: diehardmariner, September 25, 2020, 4:43pm; Reply: 12
Yeah, this isn't going to get any easier.  

Mothball the season.  It's going to get even harder and harder to muster anything like a season out of this with random games dropping like flies.
Posted by: Poojah, September 25, 2020, 4:46pm; Reply: 13
This season is increasingly looking like an exercise in futility.
Posted by: It Bites, September 25, 2020, 4:47pm; Reply: 14
The EFL should never of started the season . Idiots
Posted by: GrimRob, September 25, 2020, 4:47pm; Reply: 15
I was hoping for a positive result this weekend. Be careful what you wish for.

With our fitness well behind where it needs to be it's a further disaster for the club. Very depressing.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 25, 2020, 4:50pm; Reply: 16
Who’s in charge of the EFL ? Fooking useless member.ends
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 25, 2020, 4:56pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from It Bites
The EFL should never of started the season . Idiots

To be fair to them they have tried to get things going again to help clubs survive, can't see it working out well now though.

Posted by: Hagrid, September 25, 2020, 4:57pm; Reply: 18
Well clearly it’ll be Jock Curran and hope he is well, season is a farce and can only see it getting worse
Posted by: pizzzza, September 25, 2020, 5:05pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from GrimRob
I was hoping for a positive result this weekend. Be careful what you wish for.

Well, one of the players got a positive result for you.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 25, 2020, 5:06pm; Reply: 20
That is incredibly bad luck with cases being few and far between in this neck of the woods.

Surely matches will be dropping like flies when players are tested in more covid stricken areas,  if one positive test means postponing the game ?

This is quite a serious situation for us - already seemingly behind other clubs in fitness and now unlikely to be signing the quality of player we need due to contract restrictions and now unable to train.

The game is a shadow of itself without fans anyway so maybe the best thing would be to mothball the season.

I was hoping it would be full steam ahead by now but if we are going to be in various degrees of lockdown till a vaccine is found I fear for the season and the clubs.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 25, 2020, 5:10pm; Reply: 21
Well at least we’re not going to get dicked for the 3rd weekend in a row
Posted by: Meza, September 25, 2020, 5:13pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Teesknees

Moyes and a couple others travelled separately apparently and as soon as they found out went home.

[url]https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/moyes-and-two-players-miss-west-ham-game-after-positive-covid-19-tests/ar-BB19jCEy[/url]
Posted by: Davec, September 25, 2020, 5:18pm; Reply: 23
Players self isolating for 14 days, Bradford game also off as is the checkatrade game against Hull
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 25, 2020, 5:23pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Davec
Players self isolating for 14 days, Bradford game also off as is the checkatrade game against Hull

We will be bottom of the table at Christmas. Played 2 Lost 2
Posted by: Mikey_345, September 25, 2020, 5:28pm; Reply: 25
EFL apparently to “investigate” how this has happened.

The EFL can’t run a urine up in a brewery, there you go I’ve saved them the time!
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 25, 2020, 5:36pm; Reply: 26

GTFC Club Statement:

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/club-statement/
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 25, 2020, 5:45pm; Reply: 27
Stevenage have a case but can test their players and wait for that result, why are we different?

On top of that how is it that Bradford is off given the incubation period is 5 days, so after that a test will reveal who’s safe and who isn’t?
Posted by: It Bites, September 25, 2020, 5:46pm; Reply: 28
How was a player out on loan allowed to mix with the group ? Or am I missing something ? .
Posted by: Posh Harry, September 25, 2020, 5:53pm; Reply: 29
2 more weeks for senior players to recover from injuries.

Silver linings and all that.

UTMM
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, September 25, 2020, 5:56pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from It Bites
How was a player out on loan allowed to mix with the group ? Or am I missing something ? .

Can't be Jock Curran. It states it is a first team player who has tested positive.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 25, 2020, 5:57pm; Reply: 31

Can't be Jock Curran. It states it is a first team player who has tested positive.

Curran is technically in the first team isn’t he?
Posted by: ginnywings, September 25, 2020, 6:01pm; Reply: 32
It says first team squad player, so could be any of them. Curran most likely as we know he's been tested.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 25, 2020, 6:06pm; Reply: 33
It is curran. Confirmed by phillip day
Posted by: Sigone, September 25, 2020, 6:07pm; Reply: 34
EFL statement

https://twitter.com/JohnTondeur/status/1309538661877403648?s=20
Posted by: mimma, September 25, 2020, 6:14pm; Reply: 35
Spurs paid for Orient squad to be tested before their cup game. 17 Orient players tested positive.  Spurs have been awarded the tie because Orient can't fulfill the fixture.

If it was 17 Spurs players that tested positive,  I bet you that Orient wouldn't have been awarded the tie!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 25, 2020, 6:31pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from It Bites

This is normal. Spalding are part-time so he will train with them once or twice per week and be with us for the rest of the week.

I can see these loan arrangements being knocked on the head because he's technically being exposed to 50 people rather than 25.
Posted by: Poojah, September 25, 2020, 6:43pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from mimma
Spurs paid for Orient squad to be tested before their cup game. 17 Orient players tested positive.  Spurs have been awarded the tie because Orient can't fulfill the fixture.

If it was 17 Spurs players that tested positive,  I bet you that Orient wouldn't have been awarded the tie!

Bang on the money, however that scenario is highly unlikely because of the extensive testing program in place for Premier League clubs.

Because of the cost implications, the EFL only requires a test when someone displays symptoms. The flaw in this logic being that physically fit athletes in their late teens to mid-thirties are the most likely to be asymptomatic.

But what about their older colleagues among the coaching staff, and their wider families. It’s not taken long for the EFL’s approach to testing to be shown up for the farce that it is, but as common as EFL farces are, it’s not usually a life and death matter.

It needs sorting now; before the unthinkable happens as a result.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 25, 2020, 6:51pm; Reply: 38
We're probably a few weeks away from a suspension of League 2. Orient had 17 players test positive who presumably weren't displaying any symptoms. Stevenage have decided to test everyone after they had 1 player test positive. What happens if they have a similar amount of positive tests? If we are pressured into getting everyone tested we might be the same?

How long before the EFL have to call a halt?
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 25, 2020, 7:04pm; Reply: 39

Apparently Philip Day was on BBC Radio Humberside Sports Talk tonight, missed it, anyone got a link ta?
Posted by: GrimRob, September 25, 2020, 7:06pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Posh Harry

UTMM

On the other hand training is restricted to taking penalties against the wife in the garden.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 25, 2020, 7:08pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from GrimRob

On the other hand training is restricted to taking penalties against the wife in the garden.

Using the cat as a ball?!!..
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, September 25, 2020, 7:11pm; Reply: 42
Why does Bradford have to be off, assuming everyone returned a negative test next week?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 25, 2020, 7:16pm; Reply: 43
Why does Bradford have to be off, assuming everyone returned a negative test next week?

We're not testing the players. We're just following government guidelines to self isolate for 2 weeks and only get a test if you have symptoms.
Posted by: buckstown, September 25, 2020, 7:23pm; Reply: 44
Interesting that for two clubs with little love for each other their fans agree with the sentiment on here
http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28020
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 25, 2020, 7:29pm; Reply: 45
I do think it’s odd that we seem to have a different consequence for a failed test than any other club so far.

It could be that it’s just us that have followed the correct advice. Then again, last time we followed advice from the EFL Charles Vernam left for free.
Posted by: buckstown, September 25, 2020, 7:29pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from GollyGTFC

We're not testing the players. We're just following government guidelines to self isolate for 2 weeks and only get a test if you have symptoms.

My friends daughter has been tested positive. He last saw her on the 18th September so went into isolation. He had a private test which came back negative. Test provider says wait 48 hours and if you feel ok go back to normal. NHS advice is stay in isolation for 14 days so what's the point of the test?
Posted by: Ipswin, September 25, 2020, 7:31pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from buckstown
Interesting that for two clubs with little love for each other their fans agree with the sentiment on here

One of their posters says 'It wouldn’t be so bad if the players didn’t hug each other all the time. Appreciate the elation of scoring but I wouldn’t walk upto one of my workmates and hug them....'

At least we don't have that to worry about
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 25, 2020, 7:42pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from buckstown

Some interesting comments on the Bradford forum:

https://bantamtalk.com/index.php?threads/grimsby-vs-bradford-off.4273/
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 25, 2020, 7:53pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from promotion plaice

Some interesting comments on the Bradford forum:

https://bantamtalk.com/index.php?threads/grimsby-vs-bradford-off.4273/

One fan claiming it’s because we’ve got injuries and lost our first two so it’s a ploy.

Little does he know how laughably unfit we are
Posted by: aldi_01, September 25, 2020, 7:55pm; Reply: 50
Surely the wider confusion is caused by the inconsistency approach.

Whilst I understand the fundamentals and some of the complexities of the whole thing, the varying approaches aren’t exactly helping.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 25, 2020, 8:52pm; Reply: 51
As time goes on this is the first of many, think league 2 will be lucky to see Xmas before it's curtailed.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 25, 2020, 8:58pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
As time goes on this is the first of many, think league 2 will be lucky to see Xmas before it's curtailed.

Remove Xmas and insert Halloween.
Posted by: MarinerDevil, September 25, 2020, 9:26pm; Reply: 53
What exactly are the EFL investigating?

Listening to Day's interviews it's obvious he was put in an impossible situation and could only protect people at our club and the teams we are due to play.  If we're in line for some form of punishment for this, the authorities have officially lost their marbles.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 25, 2020, 9:35pm; Reply: 54

Didn't see this coming....

Bradford Club Statement: Upcoming Fixtures:

"The Bantams' director of communications and commercial, Ryan Sparks, said: "We are hugely disappointed by the manner in which Stevenage and Grimsby Town have chosen to outline their positions this evening, without consulting us."

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/club-statement-upcoming-fixtures/
Posted by: GrimRob, September 25, 2020, 9:48pm; Reply: 55

Didn't see this coming....

Bradford Club Statement: Upcoming Fixtures:

"The Bantams' director of communications and commercial, Ryan Sparks, said: "We are hugely disappointed by the manner in which Stevenage and Grimsby Town have chosen to outline their positions this evening, without consulting us."

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/club-statement-upcoming-fixtures/

I am very disappointed that the clubs are having a go at one another. The professional clubs below the Championship need to stand together to try and get through this.
Posted by: TAGG, September 25, 2020, 9:53pm; Reply: 56
Postpone the season until this C19 balderdash is over.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 25, 2020, 10:09pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from GrimRob

I am very disappointed that the clubs are having a go at one another. The professional clubs below the Championship need to stand together to try and get through this.

i think you will find they need to stand 2 metres apart or we are all fcked (spiteful)
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 25, 2020, 10:10pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from GollyGTFC

My understanding is that tests are quite regularly done and a member of staff takes them to somewhere in the Midlands.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), September 25, 2020, 10:12pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Well at least we’re not going to get dicked for the 3rd weekend in a row

How bloody observant of you. Such positivity.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), September 25, 2020, 10:18pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from TAGG
Postpone the season until this C19 balderdash is over.

OK when will it be over.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 25, 2020, 10:55pm; Reply: 61
Of this thing is actually as dangerous as we’re being told then surely sport, music, clubs etc might as well shut permanently else this will just be a ever ending stream of ridiculousness and stop start.

People can get in to the discussion and share their views of whether they believe the hype/science/media and so on but at some point we have to plough one through or give up.

I get that people wanna blame the EFL, some wanna blame the club, some wanna blame government but the whole thing is simply a mess. Clubs having a go at each other will just become an even bigger issue I think...
Posted by: male private Nale, September 25, 2020, 10:59pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from 140067

OK when will it be over.

Yeah should be re phrased to when this irrational fear of catching something that is highly unlikely to kill you is over.
Posted by: monkeyboy, September 25, 2020, 11:31pm; Reply: 63
So presumably the orient squad will have herd immunity pretty much now.

Will they need testing once they have gone past 2 weeks? Probably be safe to play them in a few weeks than a team that hasn’t had cases. Provided you can’t get a double infection that is and there’s no evidence saying you can.
Posted by: sydney, September 25, 2020, 11:42pm; Reply: 64
The Season should postponed until we have vaccine
EFL Clubs simply cannot afford to fund this situation
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 26, 2020, 12:02am; Reply: 65
Quoted from MarinerDevil
What exactly are the EFL investigating?

Listening to Day's interviews it's obvious he was put in an impossible situation and could only protect people at our club and the teams we are due to play.  If we're in line for some form of punishment for this, the authorities have officially lost their marbles.

I'm guessing any of these.

Curran didn't break any rules. We didn't break any rules. We're not faking it just trying to postpone 3 games to get players fit.

Can't think of any more.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 26, 2020, 12:04am; Reply: 66

Football League chairman Rick Parry now saying coronavirus testing will increase after Town's game against Cheltenham became the latest to be postponed.

Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 26, 2020, 1:28am; Reply: 67

Football League chairman Rick Parry now saying coronavirus testing will increase after Town's game against Cheltenham became the latest to be postponed.

Yeah but is the EFL going to pay for it? As I can bet most EFL clubs can't afford to.
Posted by: mimma, September 26, 2020, 1:35am; Reply: 68
[quote=21]

Yeah but is the EFL going to pay for it? As I can bet most EFL clubs can't afford to.[/q

Can't we use Boris's "state of the art"  test and trace scheme for free, since we now have an employee that has tested positive?
Posted by: denni266, September 26, 2020, 7:16am; Reply: 69
I think the way cases are going up, we will be having some sort of lockdown , so that will end football for this season without the EFL having to do it .. It wont be long either that we are told that i cant go sit 15 mtrs apart doing a spot of fishing way out in the country on my own pond.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, September 26, 2020, 7:54am; Reply: 70
I have given up watching the news as it’s so depressing but I did catch that numbers entering Hospital with Covid is a relatively small percentage of the people testing positive which supports the belief that the strain is now much weaker and thus much less dangerous.

This seems to me where our Scientific Advisers need to put some energies into as could be crucial in determining how long everyone is suffering these changes to our normal lifestyle. Appreciate this is not straightforward but there seems to be little information surrounding this theory.

As for Orient players becoming immune my mate’s sister has tested positive for Covid 3 times the latest has given positive returns overa two month period but she still has had no ill effects despite being in her eighties!!! One of lif’s mysteries but shows the virus can remain in your system for quite some time.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 26, 2020, 8:11am; Reply: 71
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
I have given up watching the news as it’s so depressing but I did catch that numbers entering Hospital with Covid is a relatively small percentage of the people testing positive which supports the belief that the strain is now much weaker and thus much less dangerous.

This seems to me where our Scientific Advisers need to put some energies into as could be crucial in determining how long everyone is suffering these changes to our normal lifestyle. Appreciate this is not straightforward but there seems to be little information surrounding this theory.

As for Orient players becoming immune my mate’s sister has tested positive for Covid 3 times the latest has given positive returns overa two month period but she still has had no ill effects despite being in her eighties!!! One of lif’s mysteries but shows the virus can remain in your system for quite some time.

Sorry, but your first paragraph is total and utter, absolute b*ll*cks.

At the start of all this the only people getting tested were when they were ill enough to be admitted to hospital. Testing is far more widely available now so people like Jock Curran who are mildly unwell are now being tested and diagnosed and therefore added to the count.

Remember Oxford university did a random sample of anti-body tests a couple of months ago and predicting around 3.6 million people in UK had already had the virus.

The government and their advisers made it clear there is no evidence that this is a lesser strain.

Worth remembering that if you have COVID and flu simultaneously you are 6 times more likely to die than if you just had COVID on it’s own. This winter’s flu season is only just starting.

I wouldn’t wish to offer medical advice, but everyone should get the flu vaccine this year even if you have to pay.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, September 26, 2020, 8:26am; Reply: 72
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Sorry, but your first paragraph is total and utter, absolute b*ll*cks.

At the start of all this the only people getting tested were when they were ill enough to be admitted to hospital. Testing is far more widely available now so people like Jock Curran who are mildly unwell are now being tested and diagnosed and therefore added to the count.

Remember Oxford university did a random sample of anti-body tests a couple of months ago and predicting around 3.6 million people in UK had already had the virus.

The government and their advisers made it clear there is no evidence that this is a lesser strain.

Worth remembering that if you have COVID and flu simultaneously you are 6 times more likely to die than if you just had COVID on it’s own. This winter’s flu season is only just starting.

I wouldn’t wish to offer medical advice, but everyone should get the flu vaccine this year even if you have to pay.

These guys disagree but I am no expert so it may be as you so kindly pointed out incorrect

deadly://www.newscientist.com/article/2252699-covid-19-is-becoming-less-deadly-in-europe-but-we-dont-know-why/#ixzz6W7JIUmYw
Posted by: pen penfras, September 26, 2020, 8:49am; Reply: 73

Scientists have said there's no evidence that this strain is weaker. I think the main differences are that more people are being tested and it's mostly young people, not ripping through care homes like it did before. Plus we're only at the very start of the second wave. Hospital admissions are typically 2-4 weeks after contracting the virus and deaths 4-8 weeks later.

As for the tests, I know people who tested positive for nearly 2 months, which was 6 weeks after symptoms passed. The testers said that it was because the test detects dead virus cells and they can remain in your system for quite a while without being contagious. This is not the same as catching it twice, and I've only heard of one anecdotal case that somebody caught it twice and that is very much disputed by the doctors and scientists (when I read it a month ago)
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), September 26, 2020, 8:53am; Reply: 74
So we have one days training before we play Bolton.

What’s the point of this season. Just a farce.
Posted by: pen penfras, September 26, 2020, 8:56am; Reply: 75
Quoted from 3610
So we have one days training before we play Bolton.

What’s the point of this season. Just a farce.

I don't quite follow what's been said though. We offered to test all players, but because the incubation period is 5 days then it wouldn't rule out the risk. So why can't we wait until 5 days after Curran was last involved with the squad, then test everybody with the 30 minute result test and get back to normal?

Posted by: Hagrid, September 26, 2020, 9:12am; Reply: 76
Bradford stevenage goes ahead.  Makes no sense at all
Posted by: Davec, September 26, 2020, 9:26am; Reply: 77
With these other games going ahead despite positive cases I can see us getting a heavy fine and/or points deduction for failing to fulfill a fixture.

I know that is unfair but since when has EFL showed common sense and with other games going ahead that could persuade them to punish us
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 26, 2020, 9:33am; Reply: 78
Quoted from Davec
With these other games going ahead despite positive cases I can see us getting a heavy fine and/or points deduction for failing to fulfill a fixture.

I know that is unfair but since when has EFL showed common sense and with other games going ahead that could persuade them to punish us

No penalty will be imposed as all we have done is follow government rules. Just worried about the 4 games in 8 days at yhe end of the season  (If we get that far).  The EFL are cap in hand to the government/PL and will not jeopardise that by imposing penalties.

Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 26, 2020, 9:50am; Reply: 79
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

No penalty will be imposed as all we have done is follow government rules. Just worried about the 4 games in 8 days at yhe end of the season  (If we get that far).  The EFL are cap in hand to the government/PL and will not jeopardise that by imposing penalties.

If they award the 3 points to our next 3 opponents I think our chairman will be returning to his day job as a solicitor. We can't be punished for following government guidance although I suppose the get out clause is that Track & Trace haven't made people isolate. You could argue though that by the time they get round to it we've infected half of the Cheltenham squad.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, September 26, 2020, 11:02am; Reply: 80

Sadly, it's not because the disease is mutating to a less potent form. From what in understand the hospitilization and death rates are down for the following reasons:

1. The age profiles of the people getting the disease. In March the average age was 57 now it's 37.
2. The prevalence (at the moment) is much lower than it was in March. At the peak it was estimated to be 100,000 new infections a day. They think we are about a 7th of that at the moment.
3. We now two effective drugs against the disease Remdesvir and Dexemethazone, doctors also know what works and which patients need more attention, earlier.
4. The increase in percentage of people being tested means that those with a positive test are more likely to seek medical attention earlier and therefore will receive better outcomes.
5. There is a theory that viral load may be important. The use of masks/social distancing may mean that patients receive a smaller amount of virus when they catch the disease on average now than we did in March
Posted by: Cambridgefish, September 26, 2020, 3:54pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from sydney
The Season should postponed until we have vaccine
EFL Clubs simply cannot afford to fund this situation

We’ve been waiting for a vaccine for hepatitis C for ten years.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 26, 2020, 4:18pm; Reply: 82
Covid patients are also being deferred being putting onto mechanical ventilators, or not placed them at all.   This change helps most patients clinically compared to Covid 1 outbreak and treatments.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 26, 2020, 4:32pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from horsforthmariner

Sadly, it's not because the disease is mutating to a less potent form. From what in understand the hospitilization and death rates are down for the following reasons:

1. The age profiles of the people getting the disease. In March the average age was 57 now it's 37.
2. The prevalence (at the moment) is much lower than it was in March. At the peak it was estimated to be 100,000 new infections a day. They think we are about a 7th of that at the moment.
3. We now two effective drugs against the disease Remdesvir and Dexemethazone, doctors also know what works and which patients need more attention, earlier.
4. The increase in percentage of people being tested means that those with a positive test are more likely to seek medical attention earlier and therefore will receive better outcomes.
5. There is a theory that viral load may be important. The use of masks/social distancing may mean that patients receive a smaller amount of virus when they catch the disease on average now than we did in March

I'm not sure we have any time for balanced and considered posts based in fact.
Posted by: golfer, September 26, 2020, 10:21pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Posh Harry

UTMM

We got most of our injuries before we even started playing
Posted by: denni266, September 27, 2020, 8:14am; Reply: 85
Quoted from golfer

We got most of our injuries before we even started playing

Probably because we started back too late , and had to push harder to catch up
Posted by: golfer, September 27, 2020, 8:24am; Reply: 86
Who's fault was it that we started back too late. Who should take the blame for the shite that has been served up so far .It's ok making excuses but to be honest the displays we have seen are some of the worst ever from a Town team.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 27, 2020, 8:29am; Reply: 87
I think internally, looking purely at GTFC we only have ourselves to blame for being way off the pace...starting back late, cap in hand, waiting for a bailout, pleading poverty, Covid contracts and all that jazz...

Externally the EFL are proving once again they couldn’t organise intercourse all. People moan about the Premier League cutting them adrift and not wanting to work together but you can see why. Regardless of cash, the premier league worked tirelessly to put things in place and so forth...thenEFL spent longer debating a flipping wage cap than worrying how the season would pan out and putting in support packages and varying different procedures for the likely interference...
Posted by: pen penfras, September 27, 2020, 8:50am; Reply: 88
Quoted from golfer
Who's fault was it that we started back too late. Who should take the blame for the shite that has been served up so far .It's ok making excuses but to be honest the displays we have seen are some of the worst ever from a Town team.

You must have a short memory. I've seen far, far worse performances
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 27, 2020, 9:41am; Reply: 89
Quoted from aldi_01
I think internally, looking purely at GTFC we only have ourselves to blame for being way off the pace...starting back late, cap in hand, waiting for a bailout, pleading poverty, Covid contracts and all that jazz...

Externally the EFL are proving once again they couldn’t organise intercourse all. People moan about the Premier League cutting them adrift and not wanting to work together but you can see why. Regardless of cash, the premier league worked tirelessly to put things in place and so forth...thenEFL spent longer debating a flipping wage cap than worrying how the season would pan out and putting in support packages and varying different procedures for the likely interference...

This has got the dead hand of Fenty all over it hasn't it?

First to cut costs, last to get ready for the new season.

Bigger worry for me is how Holloway fell for it over a fish and chip lunch. There never was going to be a new stadium, there never was going to be new investment and there never was a cat in hell's chances of @squeaky changing his ways.

I assumed at the time Ollie would have backers ready to come in and turn the club around but rather like a lot of my predictions it seems wide of the mark.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 27, 2020, 10:28am; Reply: 90

This has got the dead hand of Fenty all over it hasn't it?

First to cut costs, last to get ready for the new season.

Bigger worry for me is how Holloway fell for it over a fish and chip lunch. There never was going to be a new stadium, there never was going to be new investment and there never was a cat in hell's chances of @squeaky changing his ways.

I assumed at the time Ollie would have backers ready to come in and turn the club around but rather like a lot of my predictions it seems wide of the mark.

We may not agree politically but in this sense I think we’re on the same page...alarm bells about Holloway should’ve rung at the time, if he was drawn in by the incompetence of Fenty then its a recipe for disaster.

I don’t believe the EFL are competent but I think we have to be honest and say some of our own preparations have left us struggling...
Posted by: Ipswin, September 27, 2020, 10:43am; Reply: 91

Could it also be a case of how did Fenty fall for it over a fish and chip lunch, he was probably totally in awe of Holloway's past (and I emphasise past) triumphs and experience and couldn't believe his luck when Holloway agreed to come. Why should Fenty change his ways, Holloway was fully aware of how he operated before he took the job. Frankly given the current situation I'm glad Fenty is 'squeaky'

Also as you point out Holloway doesn't have any backers either

Posted by: golfer, September 27, 2020, 12:53pm; Reply: 92
My opinion is that he is all blab and JSF isn't the only one who fell for it. Good intentions but not that good himself
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 27, 2020, 1:08pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from golfer
My opinion is that he is all blab and JSF isn't the only one who fell for it. Good intentions but not that good himself

Funny how Fenty falls for everything from every manager then by all accounts. He even fell for Bignot and Jolley.

No, the problem doesn't lie with Holloway who has had a fantastic managerial career. Fenty is to blame and although I am delighted Holloway is here I am surprised he talked about squeaky in glowing terms.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 12:59pm